Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 23

10 hours ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

I don’t know if there’s something wrong with my controller or the game is just unplayable lol 

Passes going in the complete opposite direction, players will just stop sprinting with the ball and without, player switching doesn’t always work.

Yeah, I've thought the same. Feels like the controller is broken or low on charge. A number of times I've pressed pass and they haven't even done it,  same with shoot but they take about 5 extra touches by which time they've been tackled. It's just slow and clunky.

It also seems, because EA have managed to improve their 'deflection system' its massively over common and midfield ends up like a game of pinball.

Just feels a bit broken this year. I've moved from FUT to Career mode and I've salvaged some enjoyment but not a lot.

The games still on rails. The amount of deflection, saves or misplaced passes that land right to the opposition feet for an open goal on FUT is worse than ever.

Edited by adejo92

Surprised by some of the comments on here. Personal enjoying the gameplay and finding it a decent challenge. I'm normally Div 1 or Elite, but currently slogging my way up the Divs. 

Current team

IMG-20221003-WA0004.jpg.9db6ed07922fcfcd9fa26aaf2ad4d4af.jpg

15 hours ago, stu said:

What is this Accelerate rubbish that turns Harry Kane with 68 pace into Mbappe who can sprint dribble (pun not intended) through my defence?! Ludicrous…

13 hours ago, Kyuubi said:

There's that new lengthy, controlled, explosive player trait. It doesn't really make much sense to me either, if you're a slow fuc*er, you're a slow fuc*er :dunno:

The same with defenders, even 60 pace Ruben dias will catch mbappe as he over distance will reach a similar pace in the foot race.

It is to balance the game and a reflection that some players are quick over 10 yards, whilst others are quick over 30-40 yards and some are both.

It makes more players useable. 

Explosive is that initial acceleration to beat a man, reflecting a player that can change pace quickly, Lengthy reflects a player who accelerates slowly but has a decent pace once they are up and running.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Surprised by some of the comments on here. Personal enjoying the gameplay and finding it a decent challenge. I'm normally Div 1 or Elite, but currently slogging my way up the Divs. 

Current team

IMG-20221003-WA0004.jpg.9db6ed07922fcfcd9fa26aaf2ad4d4af.jpg

It is to balance the game and a reflection that some players are quick over 10 yards, whilst others are quick over 30-40 yards and some are both.

It makes more players useable. 

Explosive is that initial acceleration to beat a man, reflecting a player that can change pace quickly, Lengthy reflects a player who accelerates slowly but has a decent pace once they are up and running.

How you finding valverde? Debating wether to do the sbc or not

6 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Bought it for the first time in about 6 years. Only really played pro clubs. Is FUT still play to win or is it alright? 

Depends what you want from FUT. I play squad battles, do the objectives and enjoy putting together different teams.

Online I do well to get to division 8, but I'm okay with that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Bought it for the first time in about 6 years. Only really played pro clubs. Is FUT still play to win or is it alright? 

FUT is fun so long as you are fully aware that the majority of players are very good - atleast in my experience.

I did pretty well on FUT22 because I'd played a lot of Fifa however this year it just feels like a different game and I clearly haven't grasped it like many others have because I've been battered for the most part online!

32 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

Depends what you want from FUT. I play squad battles, do the objectives and enjoy putting together different teams.

Online I do well to get to division 8, but I'm okay with that.

4 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

FUT is fun so long as you are fully aware that the majority of players are very good - atleast in my experience.

I did pretty well on FUT22 because I'd played a lot of Fifa however this year it just feels like a different game and I clearly haven't grasped it like many others have because I've been battered for the most part online!

Cheers fellas. I'm alright with not being as good as I once was. I dont/won't be able to play it as much. Just last time I played I had the starter packs went into my first game and the other guy had all manor of world class players lol

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Cheers fellas. I'm alright with not being as good as I once was. I dont/won't be able to play it as much. Just last time I played I had the starter packs went into my first game and the other guy had all manor of world class players lol

Oh yeah, don't worry, there will be plenty of that.

I think the longer it's out, the more the leagues start to settle and all the really good players are in the top leagues and I just tend to flirt with the cannon fodder in division 9.

That said, I've played some teams full of all special edition players and legends etc but the player is absolutely rubbish. Clearly some people just have the money to buy coins offline.

I've never minded losing, you can appreciate there's some great gamers that play it. What's always been frustrating though is the constant goals that come from silly deflections, or the constant having to play against Mbappe etc where you spend the whole game watching him skip through your defence.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 1

A good player will beat an average one pretty much irrespective of team. I’ve lost many times to players who are just on a different level to me with worse teams! Likewise have beaten stacked teams. Better players only make a difference if both players are at a similar level imo.

On 02/10/2022 at 22:14, Lcfc-1992 said:

I don’t know if there’s something wrong with my controller or the game is just unplayable lol 

Passes going in the complete opposite direction, players will just stop sprinting with the ball and without, player switching doesn’t always work.

It was my controller, I realised last night I couldn’t move up with the left analog lol

Brought a new one today and just made someone quit after 15 minutes :D

• Haha 2

Got it on the 10 hour trial through gamepass, instantly understood why they hadn't released it earlier through EA access like normal, its awful.

• Passing is all over the shop.
  • I've had numerous games where the opponent is breaking away and my players are acting like they are running through treacle, I have sprint pressed hard down chasing!
  • Keepers, less said the better.
  • Pad input - its not doing what I'm telling it to. I've just had a game where my player was center of the pitch, facing towards opponent goal, I've gone to pass right and the games passed left, putting me in trouble.

Graphically I don't think there's any improvement on last years at all either

• Like 1

On 04/10/2022 at 16:14, adejo92 said:

Fifa22 - what pisses me off is online I'm good old Leicester and 90% of the time I'm matched against psg, man city and Liverpool. Occasionally the likes of inter Milan and some other top EU clubs. Is it really 90% or more are playing as these clubs? Or is the online matchup just poop? Is fifa23 any different, playing teams similar to mine would be the only reason I'd bother buying it, or when there are no online players left in fifa22! 

Got Carvalho from the pack… then picked up milito for 30k, Morientes for 50k and Joe Cole for 90k lol what a cock up by ea I just wish I hadn’t invested 400k as I would’ve gone balls deep on them… still can’t complain as my 195k spent out including the actual pack is sat about 550k at the minute lol 

• Like 2