Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 23

Just played a few squad battles absolutely cruising at 3-0 what do you know end up losing 4-3 in the last 15 mins.

I could see it coming exactly the same as last years,the game seems better this year but same old things let it down year after year.

Getting the hang of it now albeit still think I prefer previous Fifa's.

Won 8 of my last 10 games and now into Div 7. Haven't really packed anything of note but did the Gakpo SBC and he's been good for me so far.

Always hate doing the Squad Battles but think I'm going to have to try and smash some to complete some of the challenges and get more rewards.

Vardy upfront is doing well for me too!

2 hours ago, lcfc matt said:

Anyone got any tips for division rivals?

I'm usually a squad battles man but I want to try the division rivals this year but don't want to jump in unprepared.

Yeah, don't play.

But if you do, then make sure you master through balls. This year's Fifa seems to have been build on through balls.

You could put your nan up front but time the through ball right, she'll basically turn into Mbappe.

If your on the opposing side, you'll basically lose any ability to make your defenders run to keep up. The game literally makes your defence jog back to ensure the through ball results in a goal.

1 hour ago, adejo92 said:

Yeah, don't play.

But if you do, then make sure you master through balls. This year's Fifa seems to have been build on through balls.

You could put your nan up front but time the through ball right, she'll basically turn into Mbappe.

If your on the opposing side, you'll basically lose any ability to make your defenders run to keep up. The game literally makes your defence jog back to ensure the through ball results in a goal.

Haha great advice everything seems to have changed this year even the squad battles seem tougher.

I used to use wing play so much but my wingers just seem unable to supply a decent cross this year.

I think I'll try a few friendlies and see how things go before I try the real thing.

Thank you for the heads up much appreciated 

4 hours ago, lcfc matt said:

Anyone got any tips for division rivals?

I'm usually a squad battles man but I want to try the division rivals this year but don't want to jump in unprepared.

Just go for it. Most of the better players will be in the higher divisions now, you might still come across a good player now and then. 

It’s another set of rewards as well. 

Edited by Lcfc-1992

1 hour ago, lcfc matt said:

Haha great advice everything seems to have changed this year even the squad battles seem tougher.

I used to use wing play so much but my wingers just seem unable to supply a decent cross this year.

I think I'll try a few friendlies and see how things go before I try the real thing.

Thank you for the heads up much appreciated 

The best thing is to have a go and come back with what you are struggling with. 

Start by using a team you enjoy playing with rather than picking meta-type players and playing a style of football you like playing.

It can take time to move up the divisions, but if it's a repeat of last year, you only drop down a couple of divisions at the end of the season, so reduces the grind element. 

Avoiding Wednesday as you can find better players just trying to smash out quick wins to get rewards. 

2 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Yeah, don't play.

Becomes less of a thing in the higher divisions, better players read the game and cut out through balls.

Found this fifa is more about passing the ball and pulling the other team out of shape.

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Becomes less of a thing in the higher divisions, better players read the game and cut out through balls.

Found this fifa is more about passing the ball and pulling the other team out of shape.

I'll never have to worry about that. I've made myself quite at home in Division 7.

And yes, pulling the other team out of shape so that you can do a through ball mostly - so my point remains.

I've done it as much as I've been done by it, but it's the point that defenders aren't allowed to run once the ball has been put through. 

This year's Fifa is one of the worst for a long time, almost all the Fifa forums and FB pages say the same, and a lot of them are die hard Fifa gamers.

Edited by adejo92

I just try play as many rivals games I can to try get the 8 games ok Thursday / Friday after the reset and then hopefully only need 1 or 2 wins by the time I play again Monday. Still in div 8 and it’s hard enough so god knows how people don’t lose their mind in the higher divisions 

25 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I'll never have to worry about that. I've made myself quite at home in Division 7.

And yes, pulling the other team out of shape so that you can do a through ball mostly - so my point remains.

I've done it as much as I've been done by it, but it's the point that defenders aren't allowed to run once the ball has been put through. 

This year's Fifa is one of the worst for a long time, almost all the Fifa forums and FB pages say the same, and a lot of them are die hard Fifa gamers.

Fair enough, I'd consider myself one of those hardcore FIFA gamers normally in Elite or Div 1 Rivals. 

I've actually enjoyed the game play myself and think it is pretty decent. 

42 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Fair enough, I'd consider myself one of those hardcore FIFA gamers normally in Elite or Div 1 Rivals. 

I'm also enjoying it so far.

My roommate on the other hand absolutely hates it. He still plays it daily, but he f**king hates it lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Fair play to you, your clearly very good at it.

I suppose like anything, it's down to personal opinion and things are always more enjoyable when your good at them!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Md9 said:

I can’t sell any players at the minute because apparently I have reached my limit? I have sold 250

players since the app came out and only have about 30 selling at the min 

Think there's a limit on the app but not actually in game?