Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

Jeremie Boga

14 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Starting to think we have a (overly?) very cautious approach to self-sustainability/FFP if 

Just listened to BLDB podcast and that Kiernan bloke has calculated that we have plenty of FFP headroom and that that's not stopping player investment.

4 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Just listened to BLDB podcast and that Kiernan bloke has calculated that we have plenty of FFP headroom and that that's not stopping player investment.

This is why I think we are being extremely cautious

21 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Starting to think we have a (overly?) very cautious approach to self-sustainability/FFP if I am honest

With relegation a real possibility and costing more than any FFP fine I really think its more than that. 

4 minutes ago, Dames said:

With relegation a real possibility and costing more than any FFP fine I really think its more than that. 

No doubt and I am not condoninhg their caution, just curious why we are not more rapdily active in the market

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

No doubt and I am not condoninhg their caution, just curious why we are not more rapdily active in the market

This is my worry and its why I believe its more than FFP. Its clear we needed players 2 weeks ago, we've had a new head of recruitment who should have identified plenty of players giving the DOF enough time to negotiate to get them over the line asap when the window opened so things didnt drag on and we get desperate and fleeced for more cash but absolutely nothing has happened or appears to be happening.

The only conclusion I can come to is that there just isn't any money there. From the Fofana sale there should be between 55-60 million still left but there is no indication its actually available. 

15 minutes ago, Dames said:

This is my worry and its why I believe its more than FFP. Its clear we needed players 2 weeks ago, we've had a new head of recruitment who should have identified plenty of players giving the DOF enough time to negotiate to get them over the line asap when the window opened so things didnt drag on and we get desperate and fleeced for more cash but absolutely nothing has happened or appears to be happening.

The only conclusion I can come to is that there just isn't any money there. From the Fofana sale there should be between 55-60 million still left but there is no indication its actually available. 

Muddy the waters even more then by trying to get your head around why we turned down bids for Praet, Iheanacho, Castagne and Soumare, as well giving the likes of Hamza a new deal which if its anything like his previous 60k a week which I assume it is as it looked to be more of exercising the option of an extra year than a new 2 year deal.

None of that made sense to a club perceived to be so desperate to move players on because of financial issues.

My biggest concern is relegation, we've borrowed against future years TV money and yet we're now told FFP wise we aren't even close to breaching it and yet we've opted to stick with a manager whose lost the plot and not backed him either, which is ridiculous. This will be a huge mistake on Top and the boards part. Brendan is hugely culpable but they've sat their and turned a blind eye and left him with little backing but also won't remove him.

How fans can currently back our owner, the board and Brendan is just beyond me, this could all have been remedied and yet we've opted to just cower in the corner and hope for the best.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Muddy the waters even more then by trying to get your head around why we turned down bids for Praet, Iheanacho, Castagne and Soumare, as well giving the likes of Hamza a new deal which if its anything like his previous 60k a week which I assume it is as it looked to be more of exercising the option of an extra year than a new 2 year deal.

None of that made sense to a club perceived to be so desperate to move players on because of financial issues.

My biggest concern is relegation, we've borrowed against future years TV money and yet we're now told FFP wise we aren't even close to breaching it and yet we've opted to stick with a manager whose lost the plot and not backed him either, which is ridiculous. This will be a huge mistake on Top and the boards part. Brendan is hugely culpable but they've sat their and turned a blind eye and left him with little backing but also won't remove him.

How fans can currently back our owner, the board and Brendan is just beyond me, this could all have been remedied and yet we've opted to just cower in the corner and hope for the best.

I assumed we turned down bids because the DOF was confident he could get more money for those players but no second bids ever materialised. 

Thats the downside of being hard sellers, we have a reputation now and no club is going to spend 4 weeks haggling over Dennis Praet. 

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Listen to the latest BSLB Podcast, the financial expert amongst football clubs - Kieran Maguire is on and he's brilliant.

Yeh, was a great but pretty worrying listen. Especially the bit about our avg wage being £92k!! 

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

it all points towards an owner preparing to sell the club. If we didn’t have the historical ties we have, I think we’d all be expecting to be flogged at any point. 

Seems to me like they are trying to clean up the books to get as much dollar as possible for us. 

Think about it, if they get lucky and we stay up. A prospective buyer comes in, with the freedom to play in the market without breaking rules, a stadium expansion ready to go and a club proving “self sustainability” 

Its the only thing that makes sense to me. If we were just poor, as you say, we would have sold those assets. But we’re not. Same with fofana. If a player isn’t for sale but you then sell them begrudgingly, you’d think all that cash is a bonus and could be used… yet it looks like that’s gone again, along with the tv money and the sponsorship money. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

it all points towards an owner preparing to sell the club. If we didn’t have the historical ties we have, I think we’d all be expecting to be flogged at any point. 

Seems to me like they are trying to clean up the books to get as much dollar as possible for us. 

Think about it, if they get lucky and we stay up. A prospective buyer comes in, with the freedom to play in the market without breaking rules, a stadium expansion ready to go and a club proving “self sustainability” 

Its the only thing that makes sense to me. If we were just poor, as you say, we would have sold those assets. But we’re not. Same with fofana. If a player isn’t for sale.c but you then sell them begrudgingly, you’d think all that cash is a bonus and could be used… yet it looks like that’s gone again, along with the tv money and the sponsorship money. 

Sell to this guy and I'd happily paint INEOS over the stadium! lol

1_Rich-list.jpg

Edited by STUHILL
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Being used to hide that Top is no longer willing/able to prop the club up.

I thought as much, when I saw most other clubs continue to spend whereas we seemed to be the only ones handcuffed by FFP. 

I just don't get why we would invest so much in a state of the art training ground and a huge stadium upgrade if the funds aren't there. 

Is Top simply trying to fulfil his father's legacy in terms of infrastructure, but at the cost of the team and on field performance? Something feels very off about it all.