Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

Jeremie Boga

There is nothing about this transfer that would make any sense to me. A guy who's stats are very average at best. A guy who can't get into a team ahead of Lookman, who couldn't always get into our team last season.  I'm hoping this is just his agent putting his name out there, and linking him with us, to drum up some interest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, South Shire Fox said:

Wouldnt be my first choice but I think he’ll be alot better then some people are making out. Most had the same feelings about Lookman and he didnt do turn out too bad. Sometimes players just need a fresh start to reignite their career

In fairness, I wouldn’t have signed Lookman either. 

• Like 2

Guest StevieLynex

When we sign him, and he's doing the business on a cold evening against Southampton, we'll be signing boga nights in his honour

6 hours ago, StevieLynex said:

When we sign him, and he's doing the business on a cold evening against Southampton, we'll be signing boga nights in his honour

I like the optimism but he’ll be pony and deep down everyone knows it.

He’ll look half decent in his first cameo and then start the next game and do nothing, get dropped and spend the rest of the time being a bit part player. 

He’s not scored a league goal in over 33 appearances, we’ve got Perez already who does that for us. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Dames said:

I like the optimism but he’ll be pony and deep down everyone knows it.

He’ll look half decent in his first cameo and then start the next game and do nothing, get dropped and spend the rest of the time being a bit part player. 

He’s not scored a league goal in over 33 appearances, we’ve got Perez already who does that for us. 

Spot on. Sort of player he’ll turn to when we’re 2-0 down in some shithole, he’ll run about a lot with no end product with Rodgers clapping in the distance 

Loan with option to buy for €15m offered apparently - at least it isn't a permanent or obligation

https://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-boga-atalanta-15m-january-transfer/

Leicester ‘have offered’ €15m package for forward ‘in the past few hours’ – Club open to deal

Leicester City ‘have offered’ a package worth €15m to Atalanta for forward Jeremie Boga, with the Italian side open to a deal.

That’s according to Corriere dello Sport, who say Leicester are looking to sign the forward on loan with an option to buy.

They report that Boga’s candidacy for a transfer in the January transfer window has ‘come alive more than ever’ after Leicester made an offer ‘in the past few hours’.

They are keen on a loan deal with a right of redemption, putting them slightly ahead of Marseille, who have only proposed a straight loan deal.

Fiorentina, another of his suitors, are yet to make their move but have so far only been keen on a loan deal as well.

That puts Leicester at the front of the queue as Atalanta are hoping to recover part of the €22m they paid for the player in July this year.

Whether they will accept Leicester’s proposal isn’t made clear, but a deal worth €15m overall would get them nearly 70% of their money back should the Foxes end up paying the full amount.

The Foxes have submitted a proposal nonetheless, and after weeks of speculation, it appears they are pushing to try and sign Boga next month as predicted.

So depressingly predictable. You just know that this will be the winger that we are supposed to be after.

All sources (including Rodgers himself) claim that we want a right-sided winger. And that Rodgers has been "assured of funds".

The continuous refusal to solve the RW issue is beyond a joke. Boga is an exclusively left-sided player, and a dogshit one at that. I don't care if it's just another loan that we will never make pemanent, if this is actually our target then there is something seriously wrong. 

A whopping 4 goals in his last 60 Serie A matches. Speaks for itself really. 

• Like 3