Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

Jeremie Boga

3 minutes ago, Dandy king said:

I'm still confused as to why he left when we just won promotion. Would have loved to see him in the prem. Legend 

I think he wanted a longer contract than what we offered, it’s a shame because he’d earned the right to play in the premier league with us as anyone in that team. He was great for us from league 1 upwards.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Anyone got Lloyd Dyer’s number? 

I can't remember the match but my best memory of him is seeing him brilliantly and skillfully dispossess someone next to the corner flag near us and hearing the whole stadium gasp. Love the fella

Edited by TJQuik

I would love to be able to sit down with someone at the club as it is just beyond me why they could not move players on. May be could not afford to pay up players salaries even. It may be we have just been too generous with salaries and other clubs won't match them. If you or I were a player why would we want to move for a reduction in salary?

1 minute ago, markko said:

I would love to be able to sit down with someone at the club as it is just beyond me why they could not move players on. May be could not afford to pay up players salaries even. It may be we have just been too generous with salaries and other clubs won't match them. If you or I were a player why would we want to move for a reduction in salary?

Answered your own question.

• Like 1

Watched a bit of the Atalanta vs Salernitana, there is no way Boga is going to come to us, why would he want to be ruined by Rodgers, close thread!!!  Lookman was quality in this match, we only saw him in fits and starts last season, there were glimpses of what could have been, perhaps it is another case of Rodgers not getting the best out of players.

13 hours ago, markko said:

We should have signed Lookman. Surely we could have shipped one out to pay for it.

Unfortunately the players we wanted to ship out were either unwanted by other clubs or were unwilling to accept a drop in salary. Atalanta got Lookman for €14m (around £11.75m at the time) including add-ons. The fact that we could not compete with that, especially given the player wanted to join us, means we were either in the worst financial position of any Premier League club last summer we were just being far more cautious than any other club. I have no idea which.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

Unfortunately the players we wanted to ship out were either unwanted by other clubs or were unwilling to accept a drop in salary. Atalanta got Lookman for €14m (around £11.75m at the time) including add-ons. The fact that we could not compete with that, especially given the player wanted to join us, means we were either in the worst financial position of any Premier League club last summer we were just being far more cautious than any other club. I have no idea which.

Our financial position is definitely worse than is being let on. If as a Premier League team you can't afford 11m then there is something seriously wrong. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dames said:

Our financial position is definitely worse than is being let on. If as a Premier League team you can't afford 11m then there is something seriously wrong. 

Starting to think we have a (overly?) very cautious approach to self-sustainability/FFP if I am honest

• Like 3