Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

I have seen a lot of posts questioning whether Top has the minerals to sack Rodgers and that he is showing weakness etc. 

However this is the man who had the balls to sack Puel less than 6 months after the devastating passing of his Dad, this was the manager who had led the club with such dignity at that terrible time, so if there was to be a time where Top would be under pressure to sit tight and give the manager more support then that would have been the time.  Top has demonstrated he can make the toughest of tough calls. 

in addition, whilst I truly believe Rodgers should and needs to go, I do also appreciate that it’s easy to sit back and judge the board for not sacking him in the summer or after the first 3 or 4 games of the season, but it’s not our money, reputation and fathers legacy at stake. 

personally I think Rodgers will go in the next 24/48 hours however I will not criticise Top for showing a degree of loyalty to a manager who delivered European football two seasons in a row, disrupting the big 6, delivering our 1st FA Cup in our history and a Community Shield. 

The fact Top has been loyal and shown to be level headed and not panicked, shown he will give a manager his full support, will make this an attractive proposition, even given the tighter financial constraints a new manager may have to operate within. 

13 hours ago, Evington Fosse Fox said:

We need a middle eastern Sheikh Falafel who has an endless pot of cash (and may wives and oil fields).

studio-publicity-still-from-cannonball-run-jamie-farr-1981-20th-century-fox-all-rights-reserved-file-reference-32914-048tha-for-editorial-use-only-PMBRT6.thumb.jpg.dec105ecaeb6ee45664d12762818c9c8.jpg

KP as a group are in mega trouble as a result of the heavy losses at its airports, all Covid related and there are still travel restrictions in Asia, so another impact. KP also need to win and renew there Thai airport franchise with the Thai government. If they loose the franchise next year, it will be curtains.

Best case, Top shows some balls and makes some quick decisive change's so that relegation is avoided 

Worst case, the board and Top do f-all and we end up in a relegation dog fight and then the drop.

If Top does F-all we’re not in a dogfight, we’re in the slaughterhouse.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I have seen a lot of posts questioning whether Top has the minerals to sack Rodgers and that he is showing weakness etc. 

However this is the man who had the balls to sack Puel less than 6 months after the devastating passing of his Dad, this was the manager who had led the club with such dignity at that terrible time, so if there was to be a time where Top would be under pressure to sit tight and give the manager more support then that would have been the time.  Top has demonstrated he can make the toughest of tough calls. 

in addition, whilst I truly believe Rodgers should and needs to go, I do also appreciate that it’s easy to sit back and judge the board for not sacking him in the summer or after the first 3 or 4 games of the season, but it’s not our money, reputation and fathers legacy at stake. 

personally I think Rodgers will go in the next 24/48 hours however I will not criticise Top for showing a degree of loyalty to a manager who delivered European football two seasons in a row, disrupting the big 6, delivering our 1st FA Cup in our history and a Community Shield. 

The fact Top has been loyal and shown to be level headed and not panicked, shown he will give a manager his full support, will make this an attractive proposition, even given the tighter financial constraints a new manager may have to operate within. 

And if he doesn’t go in the next 24/48 hours? 

Be funny if the club put an Official Statement post on twitter and go everyone excited and it was just them saying they back Rodgers lol 

Vote of confidences mean nothing of course but I think the club probably need to publicly back him if they aren't going to sack him in this period. Just for mental health of people on here lol 2 weeks of "is he still here" will be hard to cope with. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Royston. said:

You lot make me sick. You don't get to be the son of a billionaire by pure luck.

There's a good owner in there...

I'm pretty lucky, and somehow I've avoided my dad being a billionaire...where did I go wrong?

7 minutes ago, Phenom said:

Top is either broke or weak, not sure which one is worse…

Could be argued he is weak, but for me he's just being loyal to a friend. Owners don't become friends with managers for a reason, you don't see at many clubs. 

It's one of the reasons we like Top, but he needs to see the bigger picture. I hope for his sake his loyalty is rewarded because I fear the worst for his legacy otherwise. 

2 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Clearly you know best then. Carry on. 

Why else is Rodgers our manager?

Results are shit, our play is shit, the team doesn’t get along, the team culture is bad, players are laughing when the other team scores, we make the same mistakes over and over again. Why is Brendan our manager?

• Like 1

Just now, Phenom said:

Why else is Rodgers our manager?

Results are shit, our play is shit, the team doesn’t get along, the team culture is bad, players are laughing when the other team scores, we make the same mistakes over and over again. Why is Brendan our manager?

Because he was successful for us...then it all went downhill like our club on a giant downward sloping razor blade trying to use it's balls for a brake and finding out it has no balls.

I really thought they would announce Brendan's sacking today. I don't understand what Top is playing at? Even Brendan seems resigned to it (excuse the pun).  Does he want to leave it longer so it's really too much to claw back and be in an irreparable position. Players wanting out in January too. If he doesn't do this it's all going to topple. For goodness sake Top just do it!

• Like 1