Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

3 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Make no mistake. If Vichai was still at the helm he'd be gone. 

I think Vichai would of gave him a golden handshake in the summer, to let Pearson go when we did and then replace him with a man written off by many and to go on and do what we did, I guess you can't learn instincts and gut feeling on certain situations.

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Like 2

Let's be honest and assess the situation correctly, Top and Vichai have made just one appointment in their time here that was both logical and worked, that was reappointing the three musketeers (Pearson, Shakey and Walsh). The appointment of Ranieri, despite having an outrageous success, was rightly considered foolish. Giving Rodgers the job, in my mind, was just as bad, as his track record proved exactly the point we're at now. Puel in my mind has actually been their strongest decision since Pearson, and when we look back, he did a decent enough job in comparison.

Vichai and Top have backed us financially, but their footballing decisions have been bad, let's not pretend otherwise. Pearson/Shakey/Walsh taught Vichai a lot, and sadly all that has disappeared from the Club now. 

I'm sure someone will try to be 'clever' and point out Ranieri being a 'great appointment'....But the reality is, if Brentford sack Thomas Frank and appoint Alan Curbishley, then they win the League next season, it's still a terrible decision at this moment in time.

3 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

Let's be honest and assess the situation correctly, Top and Vichai have made just one appointment in their time here that was both logical and worked, that was reappointing the three musketeers (Pearson, Shakey and Walsh). The appointment of Ranieri, despite having an outrageous success, was rightly considered foolish. Giving Rodgers the job, in my mind, was just as bad, as his track record proved exactly the point we're at now. Puel in my mind has actually been their strongest decision since Pearson, and when we look back, he did a decent enough job in comparison.

Vichai and Top have backed us financially, but their footballing decisions have been bad, let's not pretend otherwise. Pearson/Shakey/Walsh taught Vichai a lot, and sadly all that has disappeared from the Club now. 

I'm sure someone will try to be 'clever' and point out Ranieri being a 'great appointment'....But the reality is, if Brentford sack Thomas Frank and appoint Alan Curbishley, then they win the League next season, it's still a terrible decision at this moment in time.

Sorry, have to disagree. Ranieri was obviously the right decision by what happened. It worked. He tried to change our style in response to losing Kante and lost it. But the guy was clearly the right decision at the time. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

35 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Pretty sure Top is already dealing with this.

Confidentiality of targets along with not compromising Brendon are the reasons it's so quiet.

Sorted within a week..............

I really hope so. Crazy to think it hasn't already happened! 

2 hours ago, hejammy said:

Anyone know if he was there? 

No, he wasn’t. I was sitting adjacent to the Directors Box. Rudkin and Martin George were the only ones I recognised. Both looked thoroughly miserable as you’d expect. Rudkin messaging away on his phone much of the time. Perhaps he’s on Foxestalk!

Sorry to have to say it, but not happy with Top now.

He is dithering, farting about and acting like a dilettante.

Fiddling, or whatever he does, as the club burns

4 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I’ll be honest any money not fully committed and signed on the dotted line to expand the stadium should be immediately pulled and go into the squad. We can expand to 40k in future. Right now we need to be looking at January.

Why? Its more than good enough. Such a dumb reactive opinion this is

• Like 1