Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

24 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Please let your name be Dave “Daggers” Smith from the Nags Head in Enderby.

I can be anyone you want me to be for the right price, honey.

23 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Where's his plane?

I don't have one. I do have a pair of old roller blades, a canoe and two motorbikes - they are all in the garage.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He has to act now, if we do get relegated then its a huge blot on Top's copybook but this notion he's out of his depth here is just astonishing though. I'm waiting for fans to start claiming Vichai would have prevented the impact of covid to King Power next as well 

I don't see how it's astonishing at all, Vichai would've likely sacked Rodgers after Forest last year. I take no pleasure in saying it, he ultimately ended up in a position via tragedy, but I also can't sit there and watch the nosediving trajectory of the club and pretend it's not happening. It's beyond football matters. For a while on here the consensus has generally been that we've gotten plenty of things, state of the ticket office etc... wrong but the bigger picture is that the team is performing and ultimately nobody is going to feel the heat so much when that's the case. Well when the team is in this state I'm really struggling.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UHDrive said:

Business men of his calibre don't make mistakes when he's worth what he's worth. 

How are you defining it as a bump? This "bump" has been going on for at least 3/4 years for our club to get into the state it currently is. That's p*ss poor management from top down.

You should read the posts at the beginning of this thread, then you'll realise that only 18 months ago Rodgers was the bees knees with things like " Brendan you are the man!!" or "Wish he could have a full chorus of BR Blue and White Army at Wembley on the 15th May. He deserves to know we’re all behind him." even people were talking about him being a GOAT  "I said a few pages ago that if wins us the cup and get top 4 he will go down as the second GOAT (after Ranieri) at our club. MON and Pearson will round up the top 5".    So it hasn't been going on at the club for 3 or 4 years and it is OK to be clever when you put your captain hindsight hat on.  No one at the top of the club could have seen this massive drop off in form, and in fact the end of last seasons results would have convinced them that everything will be alright and we could get through this season as a mid table team.   There is an argument to be had that he needed to go a year or so ago, but before that you would have been skating on thin ice with most fans!

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

You should read the posts at the beginning of this thread, then you'll realise that only 18 months ago Rodgers was the bees knees with things like " Brendan you are the man!!" or "Wish he could have a full chorus of BR Blue and White Army at Wembley on the 15th May. He deserves to know we’re all behind him." even people were talking about him being a GOAT  "I said a few pages ago that if wins us the cup and get top 4 he will go down as the second GOAT (after Ranieri) at our club. MON and Pearson will round up the top 5".    So it hasn't been going on at the club for 3 or 4 years and it is OK to be clever when you put your captain hindsight hat on.  No one at the top of the club could have seen this massive drop off in form, and in fact the end of last seasons results would have convinced them that everything will be alright and we could get through this season as a mid table team.   There is an argument to be had that he needed to go a year or so ago, but before that you would have been skating on thin ice with most fans!

Seriously? How are you associating Top from BR? I'm slightly confused about your stance!! 

This is about business irrespective as to whether BR's popularity or financial renumerations relating to the KP are.

This is deep. Financial transactions and salaries post PL win are ALL overvalued and overpaid and "the club" have allowed themselves to keep plodding on in the same fashion. 

BR's stay of execution tells me further that either Top cannot and will not put money into the club (reference Everton who's owners time and time again never fail to). Or, Top has told KP "your self sufficient therefore you're on your own. 

Either or all of these issues that could be rectified with squad reinvesting as opposed to relegation then I'd want new owners 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

I don't see how it's astonishing at all, Vichai would've likely sacked Rodgers after Forest last year. I take no pleasure in saying it, he ultimately ended up in a position via tragedy, but I also can't sit there and watch the nosediving trajectory of the club and pretend it's not happening. It's beyond football matters. For a while on here the consensus has generally been that we've gotten plenty of things, state of the ticket office etc... wrong but the bigger picture is that the team is performing and ultimately nobody is going to feel the heat so much when that's the case. Well when the team is in this state I'm really struggling.

Vichai never intended to be as involved as he was, he handed it over to Top to run and then stepped back in. The plan was always for Top to run it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Vichai never intended to be as involved as he was, he handed it over to Top to run and then stepped back in. The plan was always for Top to run it.

Taking a side step view here. Vichai was here regularly but I see your point about day to day running of the club. Do you think Top has taken on too much now that he's effectively on his own running it? I know KP's board handle business matters but it doesn't seem Top is including anyone else to help from the business? 

3 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Taking a side step view here. Vichai was here regularly but I see your point about day to day running of the club. Do you think Top has taken on too much now that he's effectively on his own running it? I know KP's board handle business matters but it doesn't seem Top is including anyone else to help from the business? 

No idea, it all feels so baffling and the hysteria of how bad we have imploded is making it very difficult to get a sense of direction or assurance it'll be OK. There's rumours he wants to sell, if that's the case he needs us in the Prem.

12 hours ago, UHDrive said:

Seriously? How are you associating Top from BR? I'm slightly confused about your stance!! 

This is about business irrespective as to whether BR's popularity or financial renumerations relating to the KP are.

This is deep. Financial transactions and salaries post PL win are ALL overvalued and overpaid and "the club" have allowed themselves to keep plodding on in the same fashion. 

BR's stay of execution tells me further that either Top cannot and will not put money into the club (reference Everton who's owners time and time again never fail to). Or, Top has told KP "your self sufficient therefore you're on your own. 

Either or all of these issues that could be rectified with squad reinvesting as opposed to relegation then I'd want new owners 

You state it is a business and you want our club to be like Everton...great business modellol. What you are basically saying is that you want our owner, Top/Kingpower to throw money at the situation a la Villa or Sunderland.....their owners soon got p****d off with not seeing any returns.  Typical of the modern day football fan who doesn't care where the money comes from, just as long as you spend it.  

Why do you think we have overpaid for players and they are on inflated salaries , because of stupid owners splashing cash around for their own vanity projects, which intern creates hyper-inflation within the football world.  I for one want my club to be stable and sustainable and not go out of business...some fans at this club have short memories!

Just to say that there seems to have been a board blind to problems on the horizon.  We have had quite a number of players out of contract in june 23... surely this could have been avoided ?  There is a trend in football for players to run theur contracts down.  Meanwhile wages have souralked so that we can sell players .. George hirst is now out of reach for championship clubs.

I think our contacts have been poor.  Much more thought should have been given to term and to wages.

We made mustakes with Rodgers too.  We were never going to be his last club... where is the sucessiin planning?

2 hours ago, Le Renard said:

You state it is a business and you want our club to be like Everton...great business modellol. What you are basically saying is that you want our owner, Top/Kingpower to throw money at the situation a la Villa or Sunderland.....their owners soon got p****d off with not seeing any returns.  Typical of the modern day football fan who doesn't care where the money comes from, just as long as you spend it.  

Why do you think we have overpaid for players and they are on inflated salaries , because of stupid owners splashing cash around for their own vanity projects, which intern creates hyper-inflation within the football world.  I for one want my club to be stable and sustainable and not go out of business...some fans at this club have short memories!

I dropped Everton in there simply to see if that's all your argument would be, which it evidently was. But it isn't Everton is it, it's all of the other 19 premier league teams!!

There is no such thing as sustainability when the club you own is in so much trouble  

No, any owner who wants their club to progress in times like these should exactly put cash into the club at this moment!!! 

It's a ludicrous risk to try to balance sustainability against the state that we are in and against a risk of a relegation battle. 

The fact that Top didn't put money into the club on the summer, when he could! Yes, he certainly could, should tell foxes fans that Top has considerably stepped back from his interest in the club whether that be for financial reasons, or I suspect, King Power are in more trouble than fans are aware. 

Whilst we hold players like Tielemans and Maddison and vards and the other quality in the team, the training ground and expansion etc. Bear in mind the loans in place for the expansion are already in place with the PL against PL earnings and prize money revenue. They do not impact KP if KP chooses to sell. 

I would suggest of Top is thinking of selling the club then I'd wish him to sell it as soon as possible. 

25 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I would suggest of Top is thinking of selling the club then I'd wish him to sell it as soon as possible. 

Lcfc is a project that marked vichias most public achievement worldwide .   I dont think Top will sell.

However, whatever his woes .... he needs to act to preseve his father's achievement

Something smells rotten down in Denmark  Flibert Way.  Maybe it is COVID and huge losses for KING POWER. That'll be taking up a lot of Top's time. He'll be taking his eye off the ball as far as we're concerned. It also feel like the club is in tailspin on and off the pitch. The transfer window was utter dog dirt. I don't buy the whole financial fair play / future stability PR line. Something is a miss. Rodgers was in talks with prospective players all summer. We have never let players go in the past without having bought replacements in well before selling. Why did they let Kasper go. Surely it was obvious Ward wasn't up to task. We cant blame Rodgers for having crap keepers. 

If Top has lost the passion for it and his hearts not in it then he should either step aside and be a silent partner and pay someone to run the club, a Ralf Rangnick type or sell up. The current situation will see us do a Sunderland. 

We need a middle eastern Sheikh Falafel who has an endless pot of cash (and may wives and oil fields).

studio-publicity-still-from-cannonball-run-jamie-farr-1981-20th-century-fox-all-rights-reserved-file-reference-32914-048tha-for-editorial-use-only-PMBRT6.thumb.jpg.dec105ecaeb6ee45664d12762818c9c8.jpg

KP as a group are in mega trouble as a result of the heavy losses at its airports, all Covid related and there are still travel restrictions in Asia, so another impact. KP also need to win and renew there Thai airport franchise with the Thai government. If they loose the franchise next year, it will be curtains.

Best case, Top shows some balls and makes some quick decisive change's so that relegation is avoided 

Worst case, the board and Top do f-all and we end up in a relegation dog fight and then the drop.

When Pearson got sacked and reinstated very quickly around the time of the Arsenal away game in 2014/15, all indications seemed to be that Top had stepped out of line to tell him he was gone and Vichai had intervened to keep faith with Pearson.

So unless anyone can clarify it was the other way round, two things:

1) I’m not sure where this “Vichai would have got rid by now” is coming from - see above

2) Could it be that the Pearson experience showed Top that patience can be rewarded and he’s now mistakenly thinking Rodgers could deliver a Pearson type turnaround?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

When Pearson got sacked and reinstated very quickly around the time of the Arsenal away game in 2014/15, all indications seemed to be that Top had stepped out of line to tell him he was gone and Vichai had intervened to keep faith with Pearson.

So unless anyone can clarify it was the other way round, two things:

1) I’m not sure where this “Vichai would have got rid by now” is coming from - see above

2) Could it be that the Pearson experience showed Top that patience can be rewarded and he’s now mistakenly thinking Rodgers could deliver a Pearson type turnaround?

You'd hope with the latter they'd recognise the difference between a wet behind the wars new PL team still playing well, with the players nit looking like theyd had enough and never losing goals by more than 1 goal (2 on occasion) and a team that has regressed and is in such free fall that they are getting battered and a manager who is begging for the sack.

• Like 3

I think the most frightening thing is it takes us being this bad for this long, and yet he still might not be sacked. That is astonishing, its not being careful and considered and giving a regime time, it's so so so misguided and terrible decision making or should I say indecision. 

I think we are heading for disaster now regardless of the fate of Rodgers, I know there are 31 games left but I've just got a horrible feeling that there's a deep routed crisis now that is the perfect storm of financial concerns, a large proportion of the squad either their contracts running down, some aging players that seem spent and others who have clearly been made aware they have no future here. 

He had to go this summer and a new manager clear that their remit is to harness this squad in the short term and get them back enjoying their football as we navigate a rebuild and a possible readjusting of our short to medium ambition as we try and solidify our footing as a team that can challenge for a top 8 finish year in, year out. We've allowed this malaise and crisis to intensify and I worry for what we can attract when Rodgers does go, whether that's this week, 2 weeks or heaven forbid somehow in the games after the Forest game.

Just staggering how we've got here, we are such a ridiculous club in both the highest of highs and sadly what appears to be the lowest of lows. Hopefully it's just Bank Holiday blues but I worry we are about to embark on oblivion, relegation could see the end of us given our financial obligations for the next 2-3 seasons. Grim.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think the most frightening thing is it takes us being this bad for this long, and yet he still might not be sacked. That is astonishing, its not being careful and considered and giving a regime time, it's so so so misguided and terrible decision making or should I say indecision. 

I think we are heading for disaster now regardless of the fate of Rodgers, I know there are 31 games left but I've just got a horrible feeling that there's a deep routed crisis now that is the perfect storm of financial concerns, a large proportion of the squad either their contracts running down, some aging players that seem spent and others who have clearly been made aware they have no future here. 

He had to go this summer and a new manager clear that their remit is to harness this squad in the short term and get them back enjoying their football as we navigate a rebuild and a possible readjusting of our short to medium ambition as we try and solidify our footing as a team that can challenge for a top 8 finish year in, year out. We've allowed this malaise and crisis to intensify and I worry for what we can attract when Rodgers does go, whether that's this week, 2 weeks or heaven forbid somehow in the games after the Forest game.

Just staggering how we've got here, we are such a ridiculous club in both the highest of highs and sadly what appears to be the lowest of lows. Hopefully it's just Bank Holiday blues but I worry we are about to embark on oblivion, relegation could see the end of us given our financial obligations for the next 2-3 seasons. Grim.

After Rodgers is sacked (praying) I think them at the top need a change to! Poorly managed situation we are in 

It’s interesting the reputation Whelan has. Our ticketing, catering, merchandising, finances, marketing etc are often severely lacking yet she’s highly regarded. 

The rot is a lot deeper than the manager, it’s across all departments.

• Like 4