Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

11 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

It does seem a strange thing to focus on, when a player who has been harshly treated (surely we can agree on that?) comes into the side and delivers a match winning performance. Focus on the superb through ball for Tete or the movement and diving header I say. It just feels like some people are desperate to give him backhanded compliments. 

The focus is on neither the miss nor the the through ball, the focus is the apparent contradiction of the same player being responsible for the both. Hence the use of the word... whatever word you want to use for it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

He’s played himself in to start without doubt. 

Nacho was our leading goal scorer two seasons ago. He was our best goal contributor per minute, but Rodgers kept dropping him. He has played himself to start since 2-3 years ago, but Rodgers is just blind so we will need to wait and see.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

The annoying thing is he can keep up these performances for a month, man of the match for consecutive games but the second he has a stinker, which Vardy and Daka have every week this season, good as, he'll be back in the wilderness for a prolonged period of time and some on here will justify it by saying how inconsistent he is after one bad game. Still makes my blood boil, why I largely leave this thread and in fact this entire part of the forum pretty much be, some brain dead people about. 

In a lot of ways agree with where you are are coming from…

but don’t forget, a while after Rodgers began, Nacho was given his chance…

He stolpernd, his feet were in another stadium,and he quite let a few times, chances go a begging be because he was failing to pick up easy controllable passes….

He even got slated across this forum after the CP penalty…( which I found unfair)

So Nacho carried baggage…..

For me after awhile a couple of seasons,it’s worth digging into that matured player

& see how he,can give us another outlet…

like you I thought after our first few games this season,we needed that change,preferably alongside Daka…Like ALL managers they have their favourite set ups, Like Gillies,Bloomfield,MON, it takes awhile,but change is forced..

Rodgers took sometime,but even I and other fans still needed convincing he can now be the positive influence we need as first choice,because he still has problems,controlling his first ball & movement.

Though now he is the man calling the shots he deserves a solid run in the side,

miskicks n all.

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Needs a team around him that has legs, pace and movement. Which is possible now.

Much better when he has players running beyond him like the pass for Tete goal.

I always believed he had a football brain, he just has to start to get it agreeing with his feet,on a more regular basis…

At present for he has to be given the chance…this is his time..!!