Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

57 minutes ago, Sly said:

He might not even feature for us again. 

Meaning his last game was on Boxing Day.

And that performance really summed him up 

Could be quite brilliant on his day but too many games like the Ipswich one where he didn’t give a shit with his mind elsewhere ( Afcon )

Will I miss him ? Only for his unpredictable 

• Like 1

On 08/02/2024 at 09:42, coolhandfox said:

If you had a season defining penalty you'd want Nacho on it. 

If he hadn't have got injured at Leeds, he would have been on that critical penalty against Everton. 

Sliding doors moment. 

Maybe. But I wouldn’t have been surprised if Maddison took it off him anyway given his ego.

• Like 2

He’s at his best when he has a run in the team. He’d go on a great run and then didn’t score in one game and Brendan dropped him like a bad habit. 

He’s underperformed this season, but I don’t think swapping out every week did him any favours. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

He’s at his best when he has a run in the team. He’d go on a great run and then didn’t score in one game and Brendan dropped him like a bad habit. 

He’s underperformed this season, but I don’t think swapping out every week did him any favours. 

Agreed, But I think it's time we both moved on, He needs a fresh start and we need to find another Striker for nesxt season to compliment Daka and Cannon.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Started 5 of the first 7 league games and didn't take his chance.

• Like 3

On 12/02/2024 at 04:31, coolhandfox said:

Started 5 of the first 7 league games and didn't take his chance.

Didn’t take his chance? He was tied with McAteer as our leading scorer early in the season (including a stretch of 4 goals in 4 consecutive games) until injuries struck and his subsequent loss of form.

His time with with us is probably run its course, given all current circumstances (the form of others in the same position, contract, wages, FFP, etc.), but let’s not revise factual reality to suit the current vox populi.

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 2

I’m a huge Kel fan and have defended him strongly on here over the past few years but he’s been absolutely crap this season, especially when you take into account his ability. I genuinely thought we’d be looking at a 30 goal season from the boy

• 2 weeks later...

Was quality last night. What we've been hoping to see all season really. 

Think it's fair that he's dropped all the way down the pecking order with average performances and being away, but he has to be on every squad. The other 3 all are very similar and he's the only one who can play with his back to goal and drop into space. Particularly noticeable in the Boro game when we weren't creating anything (before the barrage at the end of the game)

• Like 4

Made a difference, held it up well, was progressive in building attacks. Credit where credit due.

(last time I will be saying that this season....)

• Like 1

On 12/02/2024 at 09:24, Clever Fox said:

Agreed, But I think it's time we both moved on, He needs a fresh start and we need to find another Striker for nesxt season to compliment Daka and Cannon.

Neither of whom I think are good enough for the Premiership 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, marcymarc666 said:

Neither of whom I think are good enough for the Premiership 

It's two early to say and the Jury is still out. Daka needs to be better at finishing.  Cannon has something about him that's interesting.

He reminds me a lot like Cottee who made a great career for himself. He needs to play regularly to get himself up to speed then we'll see how good he is.