Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

OPA asked Rodgers post-game if he could see himself changing shape to accommodate Nacho.

Rodgers said yes, absolutely. Basically without wingers that are natural wide players (IE Tete) we are unbalanced, and don't suit Nacho's profile. Fix that and he has more options to exploit Nacho's link-up play with 2 up top.

He seemed pretty certain that Nacho has done enough to play his way into the XI.

On 09/01/2023 at 17:20, FLAN said:

What’s more baffling is why he puts up with it rather than forcing a move. Maybe part of the issue is his motivation?  Personally I’d like him in the starting team 

Maybe he loves the club? It has been said by a lot of players who have retired or moved on that it’s such a special club and place to be around. Let’s be honest if he was made available I guarantee there would be a number of clubs interested in signing him and offering him a more than competitive salary 

1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

Nacho was rough in the game probably due to lack of game time, but he clearly has the mind to find himself good space, and always has a mindset of forward positive play.  Start him as part of front two in games.

If he could just hold the ball up he would be a top class forward. Do believe we need that type of player to relieve pressure and bring others into play. Kane has a similar role for Spurs.

On 29/01/2023 at 10:14, Claudio Fannieri said:

Maybe he loves the club? It has been said by a lot of players who have retired or moved on that it’s such a special club and place to be around. Let’s be honest if he was made available I guarantee there would be a number of clubs interested in signing him and offering him a more than competitive salary 

Was thinking about this again the other day. I understand his parents both died when he was young. Maybe he values the surroundings he is in over game time

• Like 1

Dropping Iheanacho at the start of 21/22 was a disaster decision for me. The saying is "the best time to plant a tree was 10 years ago, the second best time is now", hopefully Rodgers finally realises that Iheanacho is one of our best players and should be one of the first names on the team sheet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Rodgers underuse of Kelechi is baffling. I don't buy this he has to play in a 2 rubbish. Get players around him like Maddison, Barnes and now Tete and he will score and create. 

This ^

If the attacking midfield players are playing off him, this is what happens!