Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

1 minute ago, westernpark said:

He’s fairly quick, but I agree with that point, regarding the need for players to be dropping in behind. You’d like to think Maddison, Barnes could do that, or even Tete perhaps. I think what this points to is potentially a more fluid attack, with Vardy more recently we have looked quite rigid.

Yes I agree. In fact the slightly over hit pass to Barnes was a case in point, with Barnes making the run into the box for Nacho to play him in.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shailen said:

It's no coincidence that he gets goals everytime he seems to play. Has to be starting now. 

Sometimes he can look like he's wearing slippers so I don't think it's quite this cut and dry but he definitely deserves to be involved more, he does more good than bad.

• Like 1

Makes my blood boil when our fans say he's "only had one purple patch". If you take away 20/21 his goal scoring numbers for us are still good.

So many people on here with strong opinions with no ability to actually back them up with strong arguments/data. 

Edited by honeybradger
  • Like 4

Given the right support and service ie maddison, Barnes and tete, Iheanacho will score plenty in my opinion. Yes he can be erratic but he's one of them players that can be crap and then bang one in the top corner. I currently have more faith in him than Daka

• Like 1

Just now, trabuch said:

I would really like to find a way to play both Nacho and Daka. 

I think Rodgers would also like this if we had enough decent centre backs. 3-4-1-2 is the only formation we could play that fits them both in, but until we get Evans fit and hopefully sign Souttar, it won't happen..

10 hours ago, Shane said:

Iheanacho might be ok as a lone striker with Maddison behind him :dunno:

Not a long term solution but we need goal scorers on the pitch if we’re to stay up.

Whenever he's had a run of games, he's done well. Seems to link up well with Barnes and Maddison

• Like 1