Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whoareyaaa

Fans in attendance

3 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Winter sunshine though which is always good. Not sure about actual ticket sales..? Perceived sales have been strong because of the biggest corporate giveaway my small world has ever seen. I was offered multiple tickets, multiple times for 'any game you want other than semis and final, but we can reassess nearer the time' and i'm a nobody. Regardless you will see full stadiums i'm sure, will be a terrible look for tv execs if there are empty seats, so we'll never know.

You were offered multiple tickets from who? I got involved in the two lotteries and all the first come sales  and the resale platform I got about 70 percent of the tickets i wanted. Most of the people i know and others i spoke with were in the same situation  so i am really curious to know how you got offered multiple tickets. 

11 minutes ago, hackenbacker said:

You were offered multiple tickets from who? I got involved in the two lotteries and all the first come sales  and the resale platform I got about 70 percent of the tickets i wanted. Most of the people i know and others i spoke with were in the same situation  so i am really curious to know how you got offered multiple tickets. 

Clients, in the investment mgt sector. I don’t know anyone going but consensus is corporate tickets were very easy to come by 

3 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

We've got the 'ex Pat' supporters as well popping up with their knock-off replicas and bastardised versions of 'its coming home' or 'Sweet Caroline'

They're hilarious, aren't they?

How do you reckon this lot will get on with the other England supporters (you know, the real ones) if they meet each other? Do you think they'll be friends?

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

If FIFA really wanted a Middle Eastern cash cow to host they really should’ve sounded out UAE instead, they have a better track record, liberal approach to tourists etc. Not ideal, but Qatar was a terrible choice all around, might as well as given it to Saudi. 

If the World Cup was in Dubai I would’ve defo gone, well fun there. Again ignoring the massive obvious social issues 

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

If the World Cup was in Dubai I would’ve defo gone, well fun there. Again ignoring the massive obvious social issues 

Freedom index actually puts Qatar and UAE above India and China in terms of human rights, but below Russia.

But UAE have a history of successfully hosting international tournaments and they are the biggest sell outs of the lot in terms of sacking off their religious beliefs for making a quick buck. 

• Like 3

Listened to a section of Guardian Weekly with John McManus whose written a book about it (fairly sure he’s a Leicester fan). Qatar as a society is a bloody head scratcher and he pointed it’s a real shame that this part of world isn’t getting a World Cup without the very obvious things alongside it. 

It would have been great having an Arab country host it with a proper feel. They adore their football as much as fanatic as anyone else 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sly said:

This isn’t felt right since it was awarded. 

It should have been taken off them when it was found to be corrupt. 

I understand the caution and scepticism surrounding this suggested match fixing for the first match. 

Any other world Cup I dismiss it out of hand. 

It feels likely here. 

I don't think I'll be following the games on TV so as not to contribute but l'll be looking out for England and our players for sure. 

3 hours ago, Lionator said:

If FIFA really wanted a Middle Eastern cash cow to host they really should’ve sounded out UAE instead, they have a better track record, liberal approach to tourists etc. Not ideal, but Qatar was a terrible choice all around, might as well as given it to Saudi. 

Qatar offered the most money ! 

The Qatari senior minister have recently been speaking up about feeling that some are judging them more so than other nations with questionable politics/policies where tournaments/competitions have been played in the recent past. 

I get the feeling those officials have now decided well **** it then, and doing it there way. 

I think the tournament just needs to start. 

Can't wait for this farce to start. You haven't seen anything yet ladies and gents. Embassies and politicians will have a lot of work to do with the daily arrests. 

It's going to be hilarious when some south American ladies decide to take off their tops inside the stadiums. Are they going to arrest them inside or outside the stadium? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The Qatari senior minister have recently been speaking up about feeling that some are judging them more so than other nations with questionable politics/policies where tournaments/competitions have been played in the recent past. 

I get the feeling those officials have now decided well **** it then, and doing it there way. 

I think the tournament just needs to start. 

I don't think there are any countries that have hosted it with more questionable politics are there? 

10 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Can't wait for this farce to start. You haven't seen anything yet ladies and gents. Embassies and politicians will have a lot of work to do with the daily arrests. 

It's going to be hilarious when some south American ladies decide to take off their tops inside the stadiums. Are they going to arrest them inside or outside the stadium? 

I doubt we’ll hear about any of it. Once the tournament starts and the commercial/broadcast engine gets underway and money needs to be made all the so called issues will be forgotten. Hope I’m wrong