Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc_forever

What positions should we prioritise for new signings?

5 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Ahh I should've guessed you'd have picked him up by now. 

I heard about him in the summer because of his b-team performances for Juve and his contract expiring in 2024. There are no transfer rumours at all which is surprising. Do you think there's a reason for that? 

Transfer rumours on Soule or on incomings at Leicester?

On 06/01/2023 at 16:27, Ric Flair said:

I think the priority constantly changes. There's this notion we score enough goals that defence is our main concern, but without Maddison we don't score or create enough and he's been out long enough now that even if he returns this month he might take ages to make an impact like we saw at the end of 2020/21 and in to 2021/22. Suddenly, RW becomes that main priority but it could be too late if we dont already think that now.

For me, the two bare minimums are a left footed defender (cover both positions - such as Szalai) and RW.

True - though personally I think where we are now defenders are more valuable than strikers.

A good defence can keep a clean sheet and get a misfiring attack at least a point. A new winger can score/create a goal every game, but if we're conceding three at the other we'll likely get no points.

I also think starting Iheanacho up front with either Vardy or Daka in Maddison's absence would lead to enough goals. Any further absences at the back and we'd be truly up shit creek (apart from in goal, where we seem to have a better option on the bench than on the pitch).

27 minutes ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

True - though personally I think where we are now defenders are more valuable than strikers.

A good defence can keep a clean sheet and get a misfiring attack at least a point. A new winger can score/create a goal every game, but if we're conceding three at the other we'll likely get no points.

I also think starting Iheanacho up front with either Vardy or Daka in Maddison's absence would lead to enough goals. Any further absences at the back and we'd be truly up shit creek (apart from in goal, where we seem to have a better option on the bench than on the pitch).

Do you genuinely have confidence we can still score goals? I certainly don't having witnessed these games without Maddison and Vardy and Daka in grotesque form.

I'm genuinely worried. If we don't get another attacking midfielder / winger in who can create and our strikers are still pony, then there's no guarantee Maddison will get back fit and save us. You could give us an immense defence (it will take more than a couple of signings given how crap our keeper is and how many chances we still allow the opposition) for us to be relied upon to take points without scoring goals.

We are a horrible and ugly mess. I don't think there'll be 3 teams worse than us if we don't strengthen significantly and/or get rid of Rodgers.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Do you genuinely have confidence we can still score goals? I certainly don't having witnessed these games without Maddison and Vardy and Daka in grotesque form.

I'm genuinely worried. If we don't get another attacking midfielder / winger in who can create and our strikers are still pony, then there's no guarantee Maddison will get back fit and save us. You could give us an immense defence (it will take more than a couple of signings given how crap our keeper is and how many chances we still allow the opposition) for us to be relied upon to take points without scoring goals.

We are a horrible and ugly mess. I don't think there'll be 3 teams worse than us if we don't strengthen significantly and/or get rid of Rodgers.

Basically agree with everything you've said, but I think if we sort our defence out there will be three teams worse than us (Bournemouth, Southampton and Everton). 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

Every position at the moment needs looking at. Strikers not scoring, midfield not creative or tackling, defence not defending and keeper missing in action. . 

What with needing half a new squad ,. new manager , new coaching staff and an improved stadium , our Thai friends are going to need deep pockets.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

Every position at the moment needs looking at. Strikers not scoring, midfield not creative or tackling, defence not defending and keeper missing in action. . 

Let’s be honest everyone is missing in action…

From Top, to BR, to the players who play like they really can’t be arsed..

I expect  at the very least that we show some fight but when the going has got tough in the last 3/4 years we have wilted under pressure..

foxes never quit really doesn’t apply to us atm.

The club is in a massive mess…

players we can’t shift..

we are not attractive to anyone coming in.

skint..

FFP..

Championship  football next season.

a new manager no doubt..

29 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

Begins at the back.......new goalkeeper, new left back, new centre back.  New midfielder with a bit of a bite, Roy Keane will do get him out of retirement, a Right winger and a new striker.  

Thats 6 players please.

Oh and a new manager.

Agree with this..

not that I see it anytime soon as it’s pretty much 3 months on an injury that no one seems to be able to determine but even with Maddison back, we are still woefully short all through the team..

I don’t want a a FB..so where possible

# quality experienced CB..
# RW…even a budding talent..

# 2 other Forwards..

# 2 midfielders

# at least 2 academy players* pushed forward

## *last request must be a target every season…
     even if we eventually move them on  that circle needs to keep turning..

Academy management have to be tested with targets

for themselves &  their players…