Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc_forever

What positions should we prioritise for new signings?

1 hour ago, Sankey93 said:

Agree this has to happen. 

LB is so important imo we need a proper left footed one anorl. Sorry Thomas is not good enough for the prem yet. Hopefully someone like Truffert from Rennes!

CB is an issue but if we offload cags then surely we will get a replacement, pray to god it’s not Keane! Szalai.

RW been screaming out for one for years and years! I have a feeling it’s berardi for some reason been linked in the past but we all know it’s going to be this Boga lad.

Rob Tanner has mentioned our RW target is expensive, so I doubt its Boga.

Thomas is a good squad player, but whoever plays on the left is got to but is exposed to the lack of support from Barnes 

I'd take Keane on loan with a option, Everton are a graveyard for players, change of scenery could work. 

Rumour is we have around 40m to spend not going to be much left are a LB and RW.

13 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Thomas is a good squad player, but whoever plays on the left is got to but is exposed to the lack of support from Barnes 

I'd take Keane on loan with a option, Everton are a graveyard for players, change of scenery could work. 

Rumour is we have around 40m to spend not going to be much left are a LB and RW.

Is tanner reliable? Keane is a massive NO for me I’d rather we go for the unknown again. If we offload some deadwood then we might have a bit more to spend but tanner suggesting this RW is expensive, we haven’t really been linked with any in recent months so who knows who it is.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

Is tanner reliable? Keane is a massive NO for me I’d rather we go for the unknown again. If we offload some deadwood then we might have a bit more to spend but tanner suggesting this RW is expensive, we haven’t really been linked with any in recent months so who knows who it is.

Not sure. 

21 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

He is reliable these days, he doesn’t need to speculate for clickbait as he did when at the Mercury, as the Athletic had a subscription model. And he has colleagues there that have good connections like Ornstein. 

Unlikely we can afford to permanently sign 3 players in Jan, wouldn’t be surprised if it was 2 permanent (LB and RW) with one or two loans (Keane and/or Boga). 

Edited by lcfc_forever

On 26/12/2022 at 16:38, reynard said:

Not joking to be competitive even in upper mid table we need at least 6/7 new players in january.

GK

RB
LB

CB

CM
RM
CF

Too many weaknesses all over the pitch.

A new manager as well to go with them.

....do not think we need such an overhaul!!!

Let the players off their leash, let us play on the front foot and these players look like a different team.

We try to build from the back and look to play through the press and we will always struggle,  we are not a team that play this way.

• Like 1

On 27/12/2022 at 13:49, coolhandfox said:

My guess would be madueke from psv.

• Like 1

There is no club, unless blind or insane, who would go anywhere near matching what we (allegedly c60k per week) pay to Amartey. For a player of his ability, this is loony money and another example of the club making very strange decisions.

I think it’s likely he’ll re-sign, which, wonder of wonders, I’m NOT that averse to, IF he becomes this mythical 4th/5th or whatever bloody choice people deem he should be and is not (as he has been) a regular first teamer. 
That’s my main issue with Amartey. I keep on reading the same posts about ‘how we shouldn’t be in the first team he’s (enter number here) choice’. Then I see he’s back in the first 11 for the next game.

Here’s an idea LCFC… actually sign a couple of clear, first choice CB’s and let Soyuncu, Evans (and maybe even Faes..time will tell) actually become squad players who are available for selection if the two, clear, first choice CB’s aren’t available. 
Do this, and I’ll stop banging about about Dan bloody Amartey.

10 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

There is no club, unless blind or insane, who would go anywhere near matching what we (allegedly c60k per week) pay to Amartey. For a player of his ability, this is loony money and another example of the club making very strange decisions.

I think it’s likely he’ll re-sign, which, wonder of wonders, I’m NOT that averse to, IF he becomes this mythical 4th/5th or whatever bloody choice people deem he should be and is not (as he has been) a regular first teamer. 
That’s my main issue with Amartey. I keep on reading the same posts about ‘how we shouldn’t be in the first team he’s (enter number here) choice’. Then I see he’s back in the first 11 for the next game.

Here’s an idea LCFC… actually sign a couple of clear, first choice CB’s and let Soyuncu, Evans (and maybe even Faes..time will tell) actually become squad players who are available for selection if the two, clear, first choice CB’s aren’t available. 
Do this, and I’ll stop banging about about Dan bloody Amartey.

There are plenty of blind and insane clubs in the PL. We're not the only ones paying big wages to average talent. Personally, I'm not convinced we're paying Amartey anywhere close to £60k per week. I've seen £20k per week in some places. Who knows for sure?

Left back and right winger we know, BUT they must be better players who will improve the staring XI I'm fed up of getting in average squad players, we've seen too much of that in recent years. I'd also go in for another centre back, particularly if Soyuncu leaves and a creative midfielder. Maybe even a striker if we can loan out Nacho.

Priority is simply staying up this season. For me, the focus should be on a centre back and a left back - reliable in both performance and fitness.

Right winger has been needed for a long time but scoring goals hasn't been the problem, and a good right winger would cost the same as a good CB and LB combined.

Sort that in the summer.

Edited by LeePhilpottsBaldSpot

16 minutes ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

Priority is simply staying up this season. For me, the focus should be on a centre back and a left back - reliable in both performance and fitness.

Right winger has been needed for a long time but scoring goals hasn't been the problem, and a good right winger would cost the same as a good CB and LB combined.

Sort that in the summer.

Without Maddison scoring goals will soon be an issue as well.

• Like 2

I'm hoping, elbeit selfishly, that we spend north of £40-50m this window. Not just on a LB and a RW but also a creative midfield player. RW is a necessity, LB is a concern. Imo a creative CM is just as important as a RW for us. We can't get to the summer with Tielemans/maddison potentially spliting otherwise our midfield is blown apart and we'll end up paying any club any amount of money for that position because they know we're desperate.

All positions need to be considered as a priority as our squad will be vulnerable to injury or have players who will likely not be here or need to be convincedto stay. 

Next 2 Windows will be critical for the next five years as its a real changing of the guard moment.

Looking at the 25 man squad I can realistically see At least 15 who may need to be looked at, which is huge.

1.Ward - debatable is he's a top level keeper for me

2.Bertrand- will go

3.Cags - will go

4.Amearty - contract running down not a 1st 11

5.Tielmens - gone

6. Maddison - a battle keep

7. Albrighton - age 

9. Vardy - age

10. Evans - injury plus age

11. Vesterguard- to be sold

12. Mendy - contract

13. Ricardo (will need to manage return)

14. Justin (will need to manage return)

15. Perez - wants to leave.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, berniethebolt said:

All positions need to be considered as a priority as our squad will be vulnerable to injury or have players who will likely not be here or need to be convincedto stay. 

Next 2 Windows will be critical for the next five years as its a real changing of the guard moment.

Looking at the 25 man squad I can realistically see At least 15 who may need to be looked at, which is huge.

1.Ward - debatable is he's a top level keeper for me

2.Bertrand- will go

3.Cags - will go

4.Amearty - contract running down not a 1st 11

5.Tielmens - gone

6. Maddison - a battle keep

7. Albrighton - age 

9. Vardy - age

10. Evans - injury plus age

11. Vesterguard- to be sold

12. Mendy - contract

13. Ricardo (will need to manage return)

14. Justin (will need to manage return)

15. Perez - wants to leave.

That's actually quite daunting when you look at it in black and white.

We are going to need three or four almost impeccable transfer windows.

The only positive is that a fair few on that list really shouldn't be anywhere near our first 11.  Unfortunately we're going to get pennies or nowt for most of them. 

This has not been good forward planning.