Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc_forever

What positions should we prioritise for new signings?

12 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Iheanacho will leave shortly , if he can maintain his pay that is. Vardy is part time . Our leading striker is Maddison and the club may well sell him to avoid a Tielemans situation. Daka will never be a fifteen goal a season man in the PL although he is a good back up man. We need another striker.

....I can't see Nacho going, he signed a new contract (surprisingly) and he seems content to fill the role in the squad!!!

CDK would have filled the role and perhaps somewhere down the road our paths may cross. Would love the right winger to come in and Tete surely must be a consideration. Madders has had a good season and a half infront of goal, but if we continue to use him drifting off the Right then eventually teams are going to pick up on how to nullify him with the left back effectively tracking him.

Daka is obviously learning from Vardy, but Vardy is a big cloud over his head, the need to perform to start the next game is some pressure. Snatching at chances as he has little guarantee that he gets to start the next game.

10 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I can't see Nacho going, he signed a new contract (surprisingly) and he seems content to fill the role in the squad!!!

CDK would have filled the role and perhaps somewhere down the road our paths may cross. Would love the right winger to come in and Tete surely must be a consideration. Madders has had a good season and a half infront of goal, but if we continue to use him drifting off the Right then eventually teams are going to pick up on how to nullify him with the left back effectively tracking him.

Daka is obviously learning from Vardy, but Vardy is a big cloud over his head, the need to perform to start the next game is some pressure. Snatching at chances as he has little guarantee that he gets to start the next game.

His contract is up in 2024, he will be sold this summer.

• Like 2

On 16/11/2022 at 18:49, Ric Flair said:

An LCB who can play LB or CB would be ideal in a difficult window, Medina from Lens or Szalai could tick off both those roles if its difficult to get both in.

My main pick for Faes long term replacement though wouldn't be either if we were able to get LB cover in too.

Probably beyond our reach but Nathan Ake would be a superb buy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Ake is accident prone, expensive and think he's on a good wage too.

We will be looking at better options.

Got to agree. I thought Ake was decent at Watford and Bournemouth, but he seems to be very nervous at Man City. Has a mistake in him, surely better alternatives at the money and wage wanted. 

3 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Got to agree. I thought Ake was decent at Watford and Bournemouth, but he seems to be very nervous at Man City. Has a mistake in him, surely better alternatives at the money and wage wanted. 

...not surprising that he was OK at Watford and Bournemouth and his nervous in the goldfish bowl of Man. City!!!

On 16/11/2022 at 19:40, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  did not say he would pushing, in as much if he believes if that is what we need, he would  have some input!!!

We just seem so focused on the term Defensive Coach, he is a coach first and foremost. He would have been part of other aspects of the game throughout his career,  I really believe he brings a lot more to the table than we understand. 

Both 'Coolhand' and 'Cosbeh' Foxes do appear to believe, firmly so, that football coaching staff do exist in vacuums. Or maybe they think that they're more like computer or engine parts - cogs in the machine! It's bizarre thinking, especially when the really great teams develop a 'seamless' approach to playing - generally known as 'total football'. The very best footballers have one outstanding quality, they adapt quickly and are team players. Vardy epitomises this - able to judge whether he should take the shot or whether he should pass.

Rodgers managed to create a dysfunction - where the defence was all at sea - mainly because they were constantly unsettled, didn't receive believable coaching and had lost faith - in the coaching and, as a result, in themselves. Knudsen has turned that around - in weeks.

Faes is the only dependable centre back - City urgently need another such player. In that way a quality partnership could be developed. Evans, Amartey and Cags are all, in different ways, unreliable. So, for me, central defence is the critical issue.

As for the posters who're fretting about LB/LWB, Thomas, given support, a bit of encouragement and game time, will continue to develop into a fine player. 

Too many on here think that it's players who're to blame for bad results - it's the donkeys who manage them who take that particular 'accolade'. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 16/11/2022 at 18:35, Stadt said:

Our CM/DM options going into next season lol 

Wilfred Ndidi
Defensive Midfield
Dec 16, 1996 (26) Nigeria Jun 30, 2024 €40.00m  
Boubakary Soumaré Boubakary Soumaré
Defensive Midfield
Feb 27, 1999 (24) France
Senegal
Jun 30, 2026 €25.00m  
Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall
Central Midfield
Sep 6, 1998 (24) England Jun 30, 2027 €20.00m  
Dennis Praet Dennis Praet
Central Midfield
May 14, 1994 (29) Belgium Jun 30, 2024 €10.00m  
Watford FC
Hamza Choudhury Hamza Choudhury
Central Midfield
Oct 1, 1997 (25) England
Bangladesh
Jun 30, 2023 €5.00m  

Ndidi?

• 3 weeks later...

I tire of hearing Mahrez's name (in this context) We'll never replace Mahrez. Not even if we signed him today. So please stop living in the past people.

We might be looking for a right winger but we're not looking for a "Mahrez replacement".  

Given Rodgers' seeming like for a certain kind of player, he probably wants someone that can play on the right.

3 hours ago, taupe said:

I tire of hearing Mahrez's name (in this context) We'll never replace Mahrez. Not even if we signed him today. So please stop living in the past people.

We might be looking for a right winger but we're not looking for a "Mahrez replacement".  

Given Rodgers' seeming like for a certain kind of player, he probably wants someone that can play on the right.

Don’t tire. Just highlighting we haven’t signed a 1st team right winger since 2018

I still think a new GK is a distinct third priority at best right now.

Yes, Ward isn't Kasper but he's improved so much behind Faes and Amartey for us. If the ideal GK becomes available then, yes, I'd want us to swoop rather than let that player slip through our fingers.

But a left-back, right-sided attacker and another CB are probably our top priorities this window. Then we can start thinking about replacements/competition for Ndidi, Soumare, Mendy, Tielemans, Maddison and Barnes, including bringing through talent from our own academy.