Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc_forever

What positions should we prioritise for new signings?

GK

Castagne Faes CB Thomas

Ndidi Tielemans

RW Maddison Barnes

Daka/Vardy/Nacho

We need more than this long term, but for me, in terms of January, we absolutely NEED a keeper, a starting CB and a starting RW.

• Like 1

Goalkeeper - Ward not good enough

Full back - only 2 fit, need at least one, prob left side as Thomas weaker of the two fit ones.

centre back - Amartey should only be cover

creative midfielder - cover for Maddison/Tielemans

right wing - we haven’t got one.

centre forward - Daka doesn’t score enough goals, Vardy showing his age, Rodger’s doesn’t trust Iheanacho 

• Like 2

.. got to say I like Tete, Madueke is too much of a gamble, but Tsygankov is the winner out of this bunch!!!

I like the way he is relentless when attacking, pretty much scoring goals is all he can see, and we just have no one that single-minded only Maddison comes close!!!

He has a wider deadball accuracy than Maddison, near or far he can score, Maddison only good from 25-28 yards. He shoots across the keeper and imparts the spin that is always bringing in the ball inside the far post.

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. got to say I like Tete, Madueke is too much of a gamble, but Tsygankov is the winner out of this bunch!!!

I like the way he is relentless when attacking, pretty much scoring goals is all he can see, and we just have no one that single-minded only Maddison comes close!!!

He has a wider deadball accuracy than Maddison, near or far he can score, Maddison only good from 25-28 yards. He shoots across the keeper and imparts the spin that is always bringing in the ball inside the far post.

@Ric Flairany thoughts on this guy?

:P

• Haha 1

Kai Wagner - LB for Philadelphia Union in MLS. Best LB in the league. 25 year old German who wants to move to a top league. He'll be affordable and can step right in. Definite upgrade on Luke Thomas, that's for sure. He's tough.

Edited by TeaMen Tom

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Seems absolutely class, screams exactly what we need… However, I noticed he’s not played over 30 games in a single season for 4 years now.

8 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Seems absolutely class, screams exactly what we need… However, I noticed he’s not played over 30 games in a single season for 4 years now.

...just went on to Transfer Market,  it is not as if he is injury prone!!!

According to what I can see, :

18/19 - played 46  goal contribution 20

19/20 - played 39  goal contribution 17

20/21 - played 34 goal contribution 15

21/22 - played 25  goal contribution 11

He seems to be very much involved the whole season.

9 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...just went on to Transfer Market,  it is not as if he is injury prone!!!

According to what I can see, :

18/19 - played 46  goal contribution 20

19/20 - played 39  goal contribution 17

20/21 - played 34 goal contribution 15

21/22 - played 25  goal contribution 11

He seems to be very much involved the whole season.

I seen a lot different, who knows?

14 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Slavic Harvey Barnes

1 hour ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

For the rest of this season, I'd prioritise...

1. Left back

2. Centre back

3. Goalkeeper

4. Right winger

Shore up the defence as the number one priority.

I think the priority constantly changes. There's this notion we score enough goals that defence is our main concern, but without Maddison we don't score or create enough and he's been out long enough now that even if he returns this month he might take ages to make an impact like we saw at the end of 2020/21 and in to 2021/22. Suddenly, RW becomes that main priority but it could be too late if we dont already think that now.

For me, the two bare minimums are a left footed defender (cover both positions - such as Szalai) and RW.

1 hour ago, UHDrive said:

@Ric Flair I've saw a lot about this guy, Matías Soulé as a RW. Any chance we could crash a loan to buy for him? He isn't the quickest but boy is he skillful.

Good shout, I've mentioned him before and now Juventus seem to consider Iling-Junior to be their jewel in the crown, Soulé might be available. They do have financial issues supposedly and haven't been that good at investing in their young players over the years.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Good shout, I've mentioned him before and now Juventus seem to consider Iling-Junior to be their jewel in the crown, Soulé might be available. They do have financial issues supposedly and haven't been that good at investing in their young players over the years.

Ahh I should've guessed you'd have picked him up by now. 

I heard about him in the summer because of his b-team performances for Juve and his contract expiring in 2024. There are no transfer rumours at all which is surprising. Do you think there's a reason for that?