Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc_forever

What positions should we prioritise for new signings?

Great list @Ric Flair! I thought I would leave the French league to you 🤣!

France tends to be where we sign a lot of our players from these days as players from there seem to settle in our league pretty well. Even Soumare who was poor for long periods has started to look good. Unless Madueke is available that’s where I think we’ll go again too. Tete might not be French, but he is playing there :ph34r:

I just hope they don’t undercook the signing this time. We went for players like Soyuncu, Tielemans, Ndidi, Fofana with real conviction. At RW it’s always been on the cheaper end with the exception of Perez who IMO was never the sort of player we wanted him to be. Sign someone who is used to playing in a 433 / 4231 as an RW, not someone who plays in a different role. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, LFox99 said:

RW still needs to be a priority. Madders is currently nursing an issue and with him out and unavailable as the defacto RW we desperately need some quality in that position. 

We'll be able to cope with our CB situation and the midfield situation for now, we've still got Cags and Vestergaard at the club as well as Wilf who can drop back into defense. It's obviously not ideal but it'll make do until July. 

As for midfield we've got Soumaré whos been doing well, KDH, Youri, Dennis, Ndidi, Papy we're more than fine in this department as well, at least until summer.

Fullbacks however is where it gets tricky, right now it's just Castagne and Thomas with Sharky able to fill in. Bertrand and Ricardo will still be out for sometime so we desperately need to fill some gaps there unless Shane Flynn fancies becoming the second coming of Roberto Carlos over the next week.

Yes, I guess it's about choices. We do badly need a RW but I'm old school and believe you build from the back.

I just read BR has said we'er looking at the LB and RW positions in this window which is a smart move.

Cags and Vesty will likely go this window so that means Evans and NDiddi providing the cover at CB at least until Ricardo is back then we also have Big Dan as CB cover. Though NDiddi hasn't been himself for while now pre injury. I think he has too much going on in his life right now aside from Football.

Soumare has been getting stronger in the Midfiled position and offers more going forward.  So for now I don't see NDiddi replacing him unless we want to provide more defensive cover.

If we also get a RW this window, That puts us in a really strong position going forward.

If it happens I think we'll have a real good second half to the season, Both in the League and Cups.

Which will be some contrast to our dubious start to the season.

• Like 1

Starting to look like we need an entirely new 25 man squad. 

Atm I only think KDH, Faes and Barnes are a combination of good enough, want to be here, and likely to be here in 2 years time. Players like Madders, Tielemans, Castagne are probably too good to be at a team that’s going to be around 10th. Soumare and Daka don’t look like they’re working out atm, not suiting our style of play and just showing a lack of quality, but can see them both doing better abroad. 

Players like Thomas, Iversen & Amartey aren’t good enough to be first team players and ideally they wouldn’t play often, but aren’t the worst players to have as squad options. At the end of the day, we aren’t good enough or rich enough to have quality players in all positions so we have to accept we’ll have some poor players. 

Over the next 18 months I think we’ll end up needing to replace 15-20 players. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Starting to look like we need an entirely new 25 man squad. 

Atm I only think KDH, Faes and Barnes are a combination of good enough, want to be here, and likely to be here in 2 years time. Players like Madders, Tielemans, Castagne are probably too good to be at a team that’s going to be around 10th. Soumare and Daka don’t look like they’re working out atm, not suiting our style of play and just showing a lack of quality, but can see them both doing better abroad. 

Players like Thomas, Iversen & Amartey aren’t good enough to be first team players and ideally they wouldn’t play often, but aren’t the worst players to have as squad options. At the end of the day, we aren’t good enough or rich enough to have quality players in all positions so we have to accept we’ll have some poor players. 

Over the next 18 months I think we’ll end up needing to replace 15-20 players. 

This is actually the biggest concern for me.  This squad needs a top to bottom overhaul and with our recent recruitment and seeming lack of funds that terrifies me.  Hope Top finds a few spare mill down the back of his sofa.  

I don't believe Rodgers is getting near enough out of what we have got, but what we have got also looks distinctly shite in so many positions.  With the sprinkling of real quality surely looking to leave as soon as possible/out of contract imminently January and next summer are going to be absolutely critical. 

15 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

LB, CB and RW.

Agree this has to happen. 

LB is so important imo we need a proper left footed one anorl. Sorry Thomas is not good enough for the prem yet. Hopefully someone like Truffert from Rennes!

CB is an issue but if we offload cags then surely we will get a replacement, pray to god it’s not Keane! Szalai.

RW been screaming out for one for years and years! I have a feeling it’s berardi for some reason been linked in the past but we all know it’s going to be this Boga lad.

On 24/12/2022 at 06:30, Nick said:

It’s a bit of a worry really in terms of who we are going to both attract to the club and sign in the next two windows considering who we will be needing to ‘replace’.

Exactly this. Also how many pound notes will be available and how much will we need to compromise on our targets list A (priority) or list D.

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Agreed and I'd love us to get another LW / ACM to come in and provide competition.

Getting a LW who’s decent would either make or brake Barnes imo. He needs some strong competition to push him!

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

In addition to a centre half, left back, right winger and attacking midfielder, we also need a striker. Vardy is not the player he was, Daka is not good enough and Rodgers does not rate Iheanacho. We’re very weak up front.

Iheanacho cant play up front on his own. He’s a great player but we end up more unbalanced with him in the team so I understand why he’s not playing. That said, we can’t do any worse than yday so can’t hurt trying him again.

59 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Agreed and I'd love us to get another LW / ACM to come in and provide competition.

If Alves wasn't injured I would have blooded him in the PL.

I'd agree but I think we should go looking for rough diamonds.

Our options wide are horrible, without Barnes we have no pace in wide areas.  

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1