Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc_forever

What positions should we prioritise for new signings?

On 16/11/2022 at 10:35, Stadt said:

Our CM/DM options going into next season lol 

Wilfred Ndidi
Defensive Midfield
Dec 16, 1996 (26) Nigeria Jun 30, 2024 €40.00m  
Boubakary Soumaré Boubakary Soumaré
Defensive Midfield
Feb 27, 1999 (24) France
Senegal
Jun 30, 2026 €25.00m  
Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall
Central Midfield
Sep 6, 1998 (24) England Jun 30, 2027 €20.00m  
Dennis Praet Dennis Praet
Central Midfield
May 14, 1994 (29) Belgium Jun 30, 2024 €10.00m  
Watford FC
Hamza Choudhury Hamza Choudhury
Central Midfield
Oct 1, 1997 (25) England
Bangladesh
Jun 30, 2023 €5.00m  

Nicolas Domínguez from Bologna might be a great option for us. 18 months left on his contract too…

Who i wouldn't mind..

LB: Robin Gosens, Fabiano Parisi, Adrien Truffert Or Josip juranovic 

CB: Attila szalai, Josip Šutalo, Anthony Rouault or Jean-Clair todibo (+ Craig Dawson as back up if vesty goes cause Evans is practically finished)

RW: Mateus Tetê, Andreas skov olsen or Zakaria Aboukhlal

Extras if we sell others:  Azzedine ounahi,

Enzo le fee,

Tajon Buchanan (back up Lw, rw, rwb, lwb),

Dom Livaković,

Etienne camara (back dm)

REALITY:

..january 31st = lcfc sign 1 very mediocre has-been 😁 (most likely Craig dawson)

• Like 2

Thomas deserves a chance at LB this half-season, but we do need back up for him with Justin and Pereira out (meaning Castagne can't cover LB).

1) LB to compete with Thomas

2) Young, hungry CB to compete with Amartey and replace Evans

3) Someone to shadow Tielemans before he leaves

I'd love a RW too, but I just don't see it happening. And Maddison is our false RW for now.

• Like 1

As much as we need a RW,  We're a bit light now defensively. Evans may just get through the season as a standby.

His career seems just about over. Another Faes to replace him and Soyuncu would be good business.

To his credit Thomas hasn't let anybody down but I still feel we need someone Bigger, Stronger with Pace at LB.

A midfielder to replace Youri if he goes in January. Then we'll have decision to make on Maddison in the Summer.

So that's a CB, LB, MF, RW.

24 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

As much as we need a RW,  We're a bit light now defensively. Evans may just get through the season as a standby.

His career seems just about over. Another Faes to replace him and Soyuncu would be good business.

To his credit Thomas hasn't let anybody down but I still feel we need someone Bigger, Stronger with Pace at LB.

A midfielder to replace Youri if he goes in January. Then we'll have decision to make on Maddison in the Summer.

So that's a CB, LB, MF, RW.

RW still needs to be a priority. Madders is currently nursing an issue and with him out and unavailable as the defacto RW we desperately need some quality in that position. 

We'll be able to cope with our CB situation and the midfield situation for now, we've still got Cags and Vestergaard at the club as well as Wilf who can drop back into defense. It's obviously not ideal but it'll make do until July. 

As for midfield we've got Soumaré whos been doing well, KDH, Youri, Dennis, Ndidi, Papy we're more than fine in this department as well, at least until summer.

Fullbacks however is where it gets tricky, right now it's just Castagne and Thomas with Sharky able to fill in. Bertrand and Ricardo will still be out for sometime so we desperately need to fill some gaps there unless Shane Flynn fancies becoming the second coming of Roberto Carlos over the next week.

• Like 1

@Ric Flair I want an updated list of wingers please!

- Tete would be my preferred choice and I think we might get him. Out of favour at Lyon and unlikely to get back in because they play with wing backs not wingers. 

- Madeuke would be mustard but PSV are probably going to sell Gapko to Yanited so don’t see them selling both now. 

- Dodi Lukebakio of Brugge could be an unlikely option. Problem is they qualified for the next round of the Champions League, but we do like a Belgian round here and he’s quite promising. 

- Sebastian Szymanski currently at Feyenord but on loan from Dinamo Moscow. Poland were awful at the World Cup but that was down to their manager. 

- Benjamin Borgeaud of Rennes. Was surprised we didn’t sign this guy in the summer. No resale value but I think he’s be a great player to have. 

- Tsyganov. Your favorite! Not sure his morale would be the best but on his day a great player. Mudyk of Shakthar is the best winger in that division but priced at 60m… but wouldn’t mind seeing Tsyganov here. 

- Ricardo Horta of Braga. Looked good against us a few seasons ago in Europe and very consistent. 

- Robert Skov of Hoffenheim might also be a shout. Again an awful World Cup but a steady player who can finish. 

FYI in my spare time I did some highly scientific research and played Football Manager signing some of these players. Buying Szilai and Skov I won the league! Szymanski was good. Madueke was hit and miss, Borigeaud and Tsyganov were flops. Could never get Horta. 

Take that as you will!

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

- Tete would be my preferred choice and I think we might get him. Out of favour at Lyon and unlikely to get back in because they play with wing backs not wingers. 

- Madeuke would be mustard but PSV are probably going to sell Gapko to Yanited so don’t see them selling both now. 

- Dodi Lukebakio of Brugge could be an unlikely option. Problem is they qualified for the next round of the Champions League, but we do like a Belgian round here and he’s quite promising. 

- Sebastian Szmanski currently at Feyenord but on loan from Dinamo Moscow. Poland were awful at the World Cup but that was down to their manager. 

- Benjamin Borgeaud of Rennes. Was surprised we didn’t sign this guy in the summer. No resale value but I think he’s be a great player to have. 

- Tsyganov. Your favorite! Not sure his morale would be the best but on his day a great player. Mudyk of Shakthar is the best winger in that division but priced at 60m… but wouldn’t mind seeing Tsyganov here. 

- Ricardo Horta of Braga. Looked good against us a few seasons ago in Europe and very consistent. 

- Robert Skov of Hoffenheim might also be a shout. Again an awful World Cup but a steady player who can finish. 

FYI in my spare time I did some highly scientific research and played Football Manager signing some of these players. Buying Szilai and Skov I won the league! Szymanski was good. Madueke was hit and miss, Borigeaud and Tsyganov were flops. Could never get Horta. 

Take that as you will!

If we wanna venture into the pricey bracket then the likes of Marcus Edwards or Skov Olsen.

Also keep an eye on Liel Abada at Celtic. 

• Like 1

Not that it matters what I think, because it's not going to happen, but the first signing I would make in january is a goalkeeper. Despite our run of clean sheets and better defensive record of late, I still think Ward is no where near a premier league quality keeper, and will cost us a fair few points between now and the end of the season. I would look to sell Iversen, because if he was ever going to play, it would have already happened, and we had interest from at least a couple of championship clubs for him in the summer. So for his own future, it's better for him to move on and be a number one, somewhere else, and he will bring in a little money too, for a player we have no intention of using.  After a new Keeper I would be looking to bring in a new centre back, because sadly we can't rely on Evans staying fit anymore, which leaves us light in that department. I would obviously also like us to bring in a right winger, but with Maddison currently being played on the right, with licence to roam inside, and that seemingly working well, them maybe a right winger can wait until the summer, if we don't have the cash this January. Full back is a problem at the moment too, with only Castagne and Thomas fit, and I can see the need for another left back to come in, although we do have Ricardo only about a month away from a return, and even the ever elusive Bertrand is apparently back on the grass, although I highly doubt he will ever play for us again.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

- Sebastian Szymanski currently at Feyenord but on loan from Dinamo Moscow. Poland were awful at the World Cup but that was down to their manager. 

Take that as you will!

Solid list pal, many that I would have on mine. Tete is the standout choice if there's a remote possibility we could land him as he'd be £20-25m which is a bargain.

I'll try and do a list later, although I'm already on the piss.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Solid list pal, many that I would have on mine. Tete is the standout choice if there's a remote possibility we could land him as he'd be £20-25m which is a bargain.

I'll try and do a list later, although I'm already on the piss.

That’s an early start 😉

• Haha 1