Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Round of 16

9 minutes ago, Sly said:

So full schedule:

Saturday 15:00 - Netherlands Vs USA

Saturday 19:00 - Australia v Argentina

Sunday 15:00 - France v Poland

Sunday 19:00 - England Vs Senegal 

Monday 15:00 - Japan v Croatia

Monday 19:00 - Brazil v Korea

Tuesday 15:00 - Morocco v Spain

Tuesday 19:00 - Portugal v Switzerland

QF’s I’ll go

USA v Argentina

France v England

Croatia v Brazil

Spain v Portugal

Then 

Argentina v Brazil

England v Portugal

Brazil v ENGLAND FINAL

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sly said:

So full schedule:

Just give Brazil a pass to the final then.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Just give Brazil a pass to the final then.

I think they might struggle more against Croatia. 

Only issue for Croatia is it’ll most likely be played at the Al Thumana Stadium at 18:00 local time. It’ll be 25c ish, which benefits Brazil I’d have thought. 

4 hours ago, Sly said:

I think they might struggle more against Croatia. 

Only issue for Croatia is it’ll most likely be played at the Al Thumana Stadium at 18:00 local time. It’ll be 25c ish, which benefits Brazil I’d have thought. 

Croatia couldnt break down Morocco or Belgium, I don’t think they’re likely against a team who have conceded 2 goals in their last 12 games.

Big night for the USMNT.  It's a free hit in a sense, all the pressure is on the Netherlanders.  And they're definitely beatable.  We've been one of the best sides in the tournament for xGd in the first half (only one shot allowed in three matches), but faded in the second.  Berhalter's subs have been shambolic, and that can't continue here.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens with Pulisic.  He's playing; he's not 100% and probably can't go the distance.  Do you start him and ride it as far as he can take it - in which case it's vital that Reyna gets a long run after halftime, especially if we aren't protecting a lead?  Or do you start Aaronson and bring Pulisic off the bench to try and get you over the line against a tired defense?

20 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Big night for the USMNT.  It's a free hit in a sense, all the pressure is on the Netherlanders.  And they're definitely beatable.  We've been one of the best sides in the tournament for xGd in the first half (only one shot allowed in three matches), but faded in the second.  Berhalter's subs have been shambolic, and that can't continue here.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens with Pulisic.  He's playing; he's not 100% and probably can't go the distance.  Do you start him and ride it as far as he can take it - in which case it's vital that Reyna gets a long run after halftime, especially if we aren't protecting a lead?  Or do you start Aaronson and bring Pulisic off the bench to try and get you over the line against a tired defense?

I'd risk starting him, especially with the 5 sub rule

21 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

It's a free hit in a sense, all the pressure is on the Netherlanders

Dutch. 

And I don't know that the majority of people see it that way. The Dutch have been shit for a generation or more. I think yours is one of the more even games. You both lack a bit of firepower. 

11 hours ago, Sly said:

So full schedule:

I'd go...

Netherlands on penalties

Comfortable Argentina and France wins

England AET

Japan

Comfortable Brazil win

Morocco on penalties

Portugal on penalties

46 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Dutch. 

And I don't know that the majority of people see it that way. The Dutch have been shit for a generation or more. I think yours is one of the more even games. You both lack a bit of firepower. 

I guess if you offered me pens now I'd take it, though with the 8-foot tall or whatever keeper they have maybe they have an advantage.  I still think the pressure is on them - they're the best football nation never to win the WC, and the one that probably more than any other shaped the way the game have evolved over the last half-century.

Also, Netherlanders is a word. :P

I live in the US and I’m hoping the team can over come Holland. The oranges only danger man is gakpo who can score from any distance. He must be shut down.

otherwise the athleticism of this team will be too much for the Dutch. I will say it is now crucial they score goals when the chances come or they will regret it.

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

It's the Netherlands, not Holland.

The official name of the country is the Kingdom of the Netherlands. King Willem-Alexander is the king of the nation. Holland actually only means the two provinces of Noord-Holland and Zuid-Holland. However, the name Holland is often used when all of the Netherlands is meant.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

The official name of the country is the Kingdom of the Netherlands. King Willem-Alexander is the king of the nation. Holland actually only means the two provinces of Noord-Holland and Zuid-Holland. However, the name Holland is often used when all of the Netherlands is meant.

That doesn't necessarily mean correctly, however.

55 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Ah yes, Brits making fun of other countries for their politics.  Very authoratative.

What on earth makes you think I'm a Brit?!  lol

But I certainly reserve the right to make fun of my own (and other countries') politics.  Otherwise it would drive me round the bend.