Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Free Falling Foxes

Spooky happenings you experience.

2 hours ago, bovril said:

TV turned on by itself last night :unsure:

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

Ours has done that.

Just a glitch in the software.

Don't be afraid.

Well, there's two folk who put the TV into standby instead of switching off.

I guarantee that no spook will be able to turn your TV on if  it is truly off.

4 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Well, there's two folk who put the TV into standby instead of switching off.

I guarantee that no spook will be able to turn your TV on if  it is truly off.

Well the spooky thing is.... we unplugged it 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bovril said:

TV turned on by itself last night :unsure:

Ours did this over a period of about ) months! It was really scary the first time it happened, as we could hear voices in another part of the house. I thought we’d been broken into. 

Turns out, it was a software glitch with the link to the voice activation. 

It stopped happening after 6 months. 

I'm very sceptical over stuff like this, but something happened when I was about 10 years old that I've never gone in to great detail with people, although I can remember it clear as day and know it happened.

My bedroom was at he end of the landing and I always slept with my door open. I could see straight down the landing, to the stairs.

In full view was my parent bedroom door, then my older brothers bedroom door, both on the left, and the bathroom door on the right.

One summer night, around 4.30am, as it was pretty much light, I woke up to my brother stood there, on the landing, laughing at me.

He was pointing at me, laughing. I repeatedly told him to shut up and fo back to bed. He didn't. I kept saying it louder, he carried on. Then I shouted my mum. 

My brother started saying no and shushing me, shaking his head.

My mum got out of beard and we heard her walking in her room, towards the door.

At this point, my brother absolutely bolted downstairs. 

My mum emerged from her room and asked what had happened. I explained everything.

She wasn't happy.

At this point, my brother walked out of his bedroom, half asleep and asked what was going on.

Can't explain any of it. He couldn't have walked out of that room, because I saw him run downstairs. 

Never forgotten it and it was fvcking scary. Still kind of is!

• Like 1

I once logged into a football forum.

The team in question were absolutely demolishing the league, but had recently drawn away to the next best team and everyone was pointing out how useless they were, if only they did what they thought they should do, they could never possibly lose.

Like some Faustian pact.

Spooky! :o

Edited by Trav Le Bleu
  • Haha 1

Got my eldest a set of walkie talkies for Christmas. Kept hearing weird voices on it after he'd gone to bed which freaked us all out. The film Signs sprung to mind a few times. 

Turns out it was picking up other kids with walkie talkies, I'm now using this to my advantage and have turned hunter in freaking people out by broadcasting sinister noises. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Got my eldest a set of walkie talkies for Christmas. Kept hearing weird voices on it after he'd gone to bed which freaked us all out. The film Signs sprung to mind a few times. 

Turns out it was picking up other kids with walkie talkies, I'm now using this to my advantage and have turned hunter in freaking people out by broadcasting sinister noises. 

This is a few misunderstandings and unreasonable parents away from you ending up on a list and it doesn't belong to Santa...

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, tom27111 said:

I'm very sceptical over stuff like this, but something happened when I was about 10 years old that I've never gone in to great detail with people, although I can remember it clear as day and know it happened.

My bedroom was at he end of the landing and I always slept with my door open. I could see straight down the landing, to the stairs.

In full view was my parent bedroom door, then my older brothers bedroom door, both on the left, and the bathroom door on the right.

One summer night, around 4.30am, as it was pretty much light, I woke up to my brother stood there, on the landing, laughing at me.

He was pointing at me, laughing. I repeatedly told him to shut up and fo back to bed. He didn't. I kept saying it louder, he carried on. Then I shouted my mum. 

My brother started saying no and shushing me, shaking his head.

My mum got out of beard and we heard her walking in her room, towards the door.

At this point, my brother absolutely bolted downstairs. 

My mum emerged from her room and asked what had happened. I explained everything.

She wasn't happy.

At this point, my brother walked out of his bedroom, half asleep and asked what was going on.

Can't explain any of it. He couldn't have walked out of that room, because I saw him run downstairs. 

Never forgotten it and it was fvcking scary. Still kind of is!

Surely the bit with your brother on the landing and bolting downstairs was just a nightmare, then you woke when your Mum emerged?

Mind you, it must've been scary when your Mum took her beard off.... ;)

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Turns out it was picking up other kids with walkie talkies, I'm now using this to my advantage and have turned hunter in freaking people out by broadcasting sinister noises

Farting into a walkie talkie is not cool and it isn't clever

• Haha 1

Only one unexplainable that I've had happen. 

In an old cottage hearing a door 2 feet away from me close and shut on it's own, when in fact the door never moved (so basically hearing all the sounds including the creaking shut and latch but nothing moving).  Closest other door Was around 12 feet away. Was with one other person who heard the exact same and was equally as baffled. 

Been told a couple of spooky stories by relatives and knowing one of the buildings in town, can see what they meant and have had a weird experience myself.

Probably the spookiest was my brother seeing a girl in an attic window in a large, old building on New Walk in town during the early 90s during closing time.

The building had already been checked prior to locking up and the window was in a place you'd need a ladder to get to, the guys had to go back in, check everywhere out again before locking up, no one was there.

We lived in a weird house as a kid where stuff was always breaking or moving about a bit. Then I got kidnapped in my toy cupboard and my mum had to rescue me with a rope through the living room ceiling. Mad stuff. 

Then, when I was proper grown up, a gypsy put a curse on me and I was literally dragged to hell. 

It has left me with a lifelong problem of telling fact from fiction. 

6 hours ago, Daggers said:

We lived in a weird house as a kid where stuff was always breaking or moving about a bit. Then I got kidnapped in my toy cupboard and my mum had to rescue me with a rope through the living room ceiling. Mad stuff. 

Then, when I was proper grown up, a gypsy put a curse on me and I was literally dragged to hell. 

It has left me with a lifelong problem of telling fact from fiction. 

Stop over reacting; we've all been to the City Ground mate.

• 3 weeks later...

I used to think ghost stories were just a load of rubbish until my experience !!

I was in a cheap Bangkok hotel with twin beds around 20 years ago. I woke to the sound of a knock on the wall by my head. Now fully awake it happened again by my head, and then again. I turned the light on and it stopped immediately. ( I'd previously  read that poltergeists etc don't like to be in the light). I woke my girlfriend in the other bed and told her that something strange was going on. If it was someone knocking from an adjacent bedroom then fair enough but how would they know that I'd put the light on ( when it stopped)?

Anyway, as we chatted for 10 minutes with the light on nothing had happened so I said 'I think it's gone' and turned the light off.

As I rested my head on my pillow, the pillow inflated 3 times and pushed my head right up by about 6 inches !!

I jumped up and turned the light back on and decided to leave it on for the rest of the night. Nothing else happened. 

I've told this story many times and there is no rational explanation which leads me to believe that there is definitely some form of intelligent life after death, whether it's a ghost, poltergeist,  someone up in heaven , I don't know, but it's real and clearly around us all of the time.

Sleep well !!