Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Free Falling Foxes

Spooky happenings you experience.

I have a couple of racks in my shed of those small plastic drawers for keeping odds and sods in.

They have started opening by themselves!

Couple of months ago, I nipped in the house briefly and when I went back into the shed, about 10 of the drawers were open. I would have noticed if someone had walked in so wondered if a squirrel or something had been in and had a quick run around. But no, it happens now even when the shed is locked up!

I've ruled out mice too, so, is it something unworldly?

Edited by Free Falling Foxes
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

I have a couple of racks in my shed of those small plastic drawers for keeping odds and sods in.

They have started opening by themselves!

Couple of months ago, I nipped in the house briefly and when I went back into the shed, about 10 of the drawers were open. I would have noticed if someone had walked in so wondered if a squirrel or something had been in and had a quick run around. But no, it happens now even when the shed is locked up!

I've ruled out mice too, so, is it something unworldly?

You're not going to believe this but I've got one of those and I have the opposite problem - it's not got a back on it, as it's presumably meant to mounted flush to a wall, but there are gaps behind where it is and I go in the shed and find the drawers have been pushed through the other side.

I'd never considered the existence of a type of spectre that only manifests itself through fiddling with plastic shed tidy cabinets

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

You're not going to believe this but I've got one of those and I have the opposite problem - it's not got a back on it, as it's presumably meant to mounted flush to a wall, but there are gaps behind where it is and I go in the shed and find the drawers have been pushed through the other side.

I'd never considered the existence of a type of spectre that only manifests itself through fiddling with plastic shed tidy cabinets

Mmm, dunno, did you ever see Poltergiest?

That started by only moving chairs slightly and look how that ended up! :blink:

6 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

They're always mischievous aren't they? You never hear a ghost story about a spirit emptying the dishwasher or fixing a knackered door handle, and when I was clearing up the dog crap that my wife's friend walked into our house the other day they were conspicuous by their absence

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

With these being sheds could it be the floor is not level? I have cupboard doors that won't stay open due to being on a slope. Not that I'm being critical of anyone's groundwork! More a case of Spirit Level than level of spirits perhaps? :dunno:

Nope, can't be that. In fact they are leaning back slightly. The drawers behind lean forward a little but they never open.

Thanks for the suggestion but I'll Google for a Priest who carry's out exorcisms! :huh:

IMG-20221209-WA0005.jpg

1 hour ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

is your house shed built on an Indian burial ground?

Edited by ozleicester
  • Haha 1

Few things to consider.

Are they all opening, or just a select few. If a select few, are they the same ones every time? Should be using the level on the glider/framework for those individual drawers.

Are they opening overnight, or over small durations in time? I'm thinking temeperature changes causing changes to material or humidity in the shed.

Are there any similarities between the weight of objects, or weight distribution of objects in the drawers that are opening?

Are the drawers on gliders, or just sitting on supportive frames? Are these gliders or supportive frames for those that are moving, less grubby than others?

I like to suspend my disbelief and listen to spooky stories as much as the average person, but if we investigate enough we can usually find a suffucient explanation within the realms of what humans have figured out so far.

Edited by samlcfc
  • Like 1

When I was a kid I used to see all sorts of stuff. I had an overactive imagination, childhood anxiety and frequent ear infections which would give me a fever and make me hallucinate. It was a great combo for coming out with some weird shit. 

Made for some fun stories none of which I really remember, but we have a good laugh about. 

6 hours ago, samlcfc said:

Few things to consider.

Are they all opening, or just a select few. If a select few, are they the same ones every time? Should be using the level on the glider/framework for those individual drawers.

Are they opening overnight, or over small durations in time? I'm thinking temeperature changes causing changes to material or humidity in the shed.

Are there any similarities between the weight of objects, or weight distribution of objects in the drawers that are opening?

Are the drawers on gliders, or just sitting on supportive frames? Are these gliders or supportive frames for those that are moving, less grubby than others?

I like to suspend my disbelief and listen to spooky stories as much as the average person, but if we investigate enough we can usually find a suffucient explanation within the realms of what humans have figured out so far.

There will be some rational, logical explanation I'm sure.

I've never really noticed if it is certain drawers or random, I've just got used to going into my shed and closing any that are open.

Apart from the first time where several fully opened in a matter of minutes, it does seem to be a gradual process. If I go into the shed the following day, quite a few will be just slightly open. Leave it several days and most will be open by a couple of centimetres.

No glider or drawer runners either, the plastic drawers sit on the flanges/frame of the cabinet.