Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

1 hour ago, worth_the_wait said:

So let's get this right ...

Leicester City score a 62nd minute equaliser against Chelsea, and 6000 fans go mental.

Man Utd score a 121st minute winner against their big rival, and their fans go mental.  But it's apparently worth posting a video of it on here, saying that we could never do that. 

(having just done it, a few hours earlier ... as well as various other times over the last 50 years). 

As I said earlier, some strange posts on here.

Because it was the whole of Old Trafford. 

Our away end Chelsea looked great, but our home fans barely get out of their seat for a penalty.

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

Yet if you'd just read this thread you'd think we have the worst fans in the country.

We’d put up a good challenge for that title though.

The threads just full of those of us (unfortunately the small minority) that want to make a change. Nothing wrong with that 👍

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

Yeah I do feel like this thread is way over the top.

For all the faults we have, I don't think anyone comes to our ground and thinks it's out of the norm to hear the home fans quiet most of the time. 

I've also seen much worse away followings than ours. 

Yet if you'd just read this thread you'd think we have the worst fans in the country.

We definitely don’t have the worst in the country but the home fans are in the conversation for that. 

• Like 2

On 17/03/2024 at 16:29, Ginger_Filbert said:

What was the argument going off next to UFS about? People whinging about Rudkin chants at a guess?

Had a right laugh at this. The guy fighting funnily enough looked a spit image of rudkin actually lol

• Haha 2

Just now, Trekerz said:

Had a right laugh at this. The guy fighting funnily enough looked a spit image of rudkin actually lol

It's his jealous younger brother who sells veg on Leicester market. His career didn't have the same trajectory.

8 hours ago, Trekerz said:

I wasn’t there, seen it on the telly. The one shouting in the UFS direction looked a very angry man, almost as though he lost his precious seat when the section was created. 

11 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

We definitely don’t have the worst in the country but the home fans are in the conversation for that. 

Some of the grounds I've been to this season are far worse than us, yet are always rated better by people online. Sheffield Wednesday as an example. Fvck me I don't think any of their fans even spoke earlier in the season at Hillsborough. Yet Hull were good the other week and they are often regarded as having a bad atmosphere. It's like the "big club" argument. The traditional bigger clubs are always spoke about so highly about positive atmosphere's, if anything it's the other way around.

I think I bought into the "Championship fanbases are better than Premier League fanbases" idea but a lot have been horrific. 

Edit: Also. Not that I'm saying we don't need improvement, of course we do, I just think football needs an improvement full stop. Starting with the prices would be a good start. Using Hull as an example again, their owner has got it bang on. Reducing prices to attract more fans. Fans that want to be there and are there at an affordable price. I wish all clubs were like that.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Because it was the whole of Old Trafford. 

Our away end Chelsea looked great, but our home fans barely get out of their seat for a penalty.

So 68,000 home fans going mental looks more impressive than 6000 away fans. How could that happen?,! I don’t know where you sit at KP but we always have to stand when there’s a pen. I think you enjoy putting down our own fans  are  too quick to big up opposition fans.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, OnlyOneCity said:

So 68,000 home fans going mental looks more impressive than 6000 away fans. How could that happen?,! I don’t know where you sit at KP but we always have to stand when there’s a pen. I think you enjoy putting down our own fans  are  too quick to big up opposition fans.

His point was that the KP would be as good as Old Trafford in the same circumstances. I don’t think it would be. 

You only have to see what our ‘Kop’ looks like when we’ve scored late / important goals, to come to the same opinion. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Some of the grounds I've been to this season are far worse than us, yet are always rated better by people online. Sheffield Wednesday as an example. Fvck me I don't think any of their fans even spoke earlier in the season at Hillsborough. Yet Hull were good the other week and they are often regarded as having a bad atmosphere. It's like the "big club" argument. The traditional bigger clubs are always spoke about so highly about positive atmosphere's, if anything it's the other way around.

I think I bought into the "Championship fanbases are better than Premier League fanbases" idea but a lot have been horrific. 

Edit: Also. Not that I'm saying we don't need improvement, of course we do, I just think football needs an improvement full stop. Starting with the prices would be a good start. Using Hull as an example again, their owner has got it bang on. Reducing prices to attract more fans. Fans that want to be there and are there at an affordable price. I wish all clubs were like that.

I do agree, in Wednesdays defence though they were absolutely horrendous at the time we were playing them but take your point. It’s a football wide thing. 

29 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

His point was that the KP would be as good as Old Trafford in the same circumstances. I don’t think it would be. 

You only have to see what our ‘Kop’ looks like when we’ve scored late / important goals, to come to the same opinion. 

I agree, lots of people look back incorrectly with rose tinted glasses to title winning and CL campaign I think.

Not our biggest rivals but Ulloa against Norwich when we won the league is about as good as it gets and the lower portion of the Kop looked nothing like OT on Sunday.

Edited by Sir Steve Howard
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

I agree, lots of people look back incorrectly with rose tinted glasses to title winning and CL campaign I think.

Not our biggest rivals but Ulloa against Norwich when we won the league is about as good as it gets and the lower portion of the Kop looked nothing like OT yesterday.

I would say the closest the south stand has got to that Old Trafford effort was Howard Vs Leeds, 15 years ago.

• Like 4

Listening to Jakub Stolarcyzk the other night stating that we now have 9 cup finals to play hoping the whole team feel the same go out and win the remaining 9, it’s up to us to get behind the team and give what we had at Chelsea an amazing atmosphere one of the best atmospheres I’ve seen in a long time let’s bring that atmosphere back to the KP for these remaining fixtures get behind our team be that 12th man get our team over the line one game at a time !

Edited by justfoxes
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

Everyone should want to stand for a penalty as opposed to being forced to like you're making it out

Not intended like that at all. We all have to stand because everyone else is because we all want to. There’s nobody shouting for anyone to sit down.

8 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Leicester fan TVs view on how to improve the atmosphere is quite humorous. More blue shirts and more clappers on seats! That’ll work!!! 

How is the clappers myth still doing the rounds? Remember them coming back a year ago. That went well.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Leicester fan TVs view on how to improve the atmosphere is quite humorous. More blue shirts and more clappers on seats! That’ll work!!! 

That's like asking the Loose Women their vew on ending the Middle East conflict.

Clappers on seats eh? As opposed to having one shoved in your face as you come through the turnstiles?

Got to say I loved the rail seating at Chelsea, definitely helped having a virtually full standing section.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

Not our biggest rivals but Ulloa against Norwich when we won the league is about as good as it gets and the lower portion of the Kop looked nothing like OT on Sunday.

Didn't our fans literally cause an earthquake from celebrating that much?

2 hours ago, iancognito said:

Got to say I loved the rail seating at Chelsea, definitely helped having a virtually full standing section.

Agree 100%.  That was my thought. 

It felt as close to "old fashioned standing", as i can remember for literally 20+ years.

• Like 1