Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Ric Flair Live & Direct on BSLB Podcast

4 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Dave Rennie is on Twitter with open messages - I was saying the other day how much I would like to hear from him. 

I am convinced that he fell out with Rodgers, and I would love to hear about his views regarding the current predicament.

He seemed to maintain excellent relations with practically every manager and had a fantastic track record when it came to keeping players fit.

I was incredibly disappointed to see him leave the club.

He won't speak sadly.

• Thanks 1

So Kieran clarified FFP is currently not a major issue for us as there is more wiggle room due to the impact of Covid.

The main issue he highlighted was our wage bill had been increasing at a much faster rate than our income and we are making a loss year on year as a result - he mentioned our wage bill had increased by 100m since 2016 and average first team player salary was 92k per week (not sure if he meant starting 11 or registered  25 player squad). 

Clubs like West Hams revenue was greater than ours due to match day revenue from their new stadium (40 mill vs 15-16 mill), although they were getting a good deal from renting the London Stadium at a low cost with the tax payer picking up most of the bill!

• Thanks 1

It’s insane how high our wage bill is (or was). I don’t think it’s beyond the realms of possibility players like Perez are/were on 100k a week.

He’d have been on 40-60k at Newcastle, moved for 30m to an ambitious, ‘rich’ PL upstart - his agent would have been asking for 6 figures

I've not finished the full episode yet but despite Kieran saying things weren't as bad as we all fear in relation to finances, was it discussed what happens with relegation because I've got up to the bit about how much the parachute payments are worth but what wasn't covered up to that point was how much we owe to the Australian bank in future TV money. It essentially is all of the next two years so relegation makes it an absolute bloodbath. We'd have to sell loads of players and barely have anything to spend surely?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I've not finished the full episode yet but despite Kieran saying things weren't as bad as we all fear in relation to finances, was it discussed what happens with relegation because I've got up to the bit about how much the parachute payments are worth but what wasn't covered up to that point was how much we owe to the Australian bank in future TV money. It essentially is all of the next two years so relegation makes it an absolute bloodbath. We'd have to sell loads of players and barely have anything to spend surely?

Kieran reckons we’d have enough sellable assets to be okay. Uses Burnley and Sheff U as examples how to do it 

31 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Has there been anything released confirming we've already taken a loan against next seasons TV money and how much the loan was? Last years accounts showed we owed Macquarie bank £69mill, which was due to be paid back within the year when the stage payments  for TV money were released by the Premier League. . 

The next annual accounts are should be released in February so we'll get a better view of how much we owe to Macquarie bank then

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

Kieran reckons we’d have enough sellable assets to be okay. Uses Burnley and Sheff U as examples how to do it 

Yeah we would have sellable assets but I think that was specifically in relation to the drop in TV money that naturally happens but still vastly more than the rest of the Championship have. We could well be in the shit given we potentially have a few hundred million owed in loans secured against future PL TV money.

22 minutes ago, turlo said:

Has there been anything released confirming we've already taken a loan against next seasons TV money and how much the loan was? Last years accounts showed we owed Macquarie bank £69mill, which was due to be paid back within the year when the stage payments  for TV money were released by the Premier League. . 

The next annual accounts are should be released in February so we'll get a better view of how much we owe to Macquarie bank then

Good question, I'm basing this on the narrative that's gone with these loans that it's secured against future years TV money.

Really good listen, only the 2nd time I have tuned in. However I find it remarkable all 3 presenters are still Rodgers in,despite spending most of the podcast giving reasons why he should be out.Players regressing, bad signings, bad substitutions,awful performances, players not having him anymore, cutting his nose off to spite his face by not playing those he has fallen out with etc etc.

I am sure by the next podcast views will have changed.

7 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Really good listen, only the 2nd time I have tuned in. However I find it remarkable all 3 presenters are still Rodgers in,despite spending most of the podcast giving reasons why he should be out.Players regressing, bad signings, bad substitutions,awful performances, players not having him anymore, cutting his nose off to spite his face by not playing those he has fallen out with etc etc.

I am sure by the next podcast views will have changed.

It's the same on BBC, Piper summed everything up perfectly earlier in the season but now isn't on as often, and has been replaced by guests who don't have an opinion like Nuge he's still close to some of the current players to say anything against the club, it's like listening to a players interview at the end of the match where they roll out all the usual meaningless guff. What I'm trying to say is, a podcast doesn't need to follow BBC or play it safe.

On 16/01/2023 at 03:08, BSLBPod said:

If youre like us wondering whats going on with the finances this should answer some of those questions. Kieran was absolutely brilliant.

Youtube link for just the Kieran bit here:

That 27 minutes was so worthwhile in clarifying the club’s financial situation.  I was pleasantly surprised how Kieran came across as a good bloke and clear communicator ... even while educating us on economics.

Mainly because, in the four years it took to earn my Economics degree, I never met an econ professor who was a good bloke or a clear communicator.

That dude is a treasure.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Any chance of getting the podcast on Apple Podcasts?

Bit of a first world problem but Spotify reminds me of goths and the clock tower dwellers of the mid 2000s so I don’t like using it (although I do currently to listen to this particular podcast) 

I've just stuck them up on MySpace pal

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, smudgerfox said:

What they didn’t pick up on - which the BBC did - is that we have borrowed against Premier League TV income up until July 25. Shades of Peter Risdale at Leeds and a big problem if there is no Premier League TV revenue …

Was taken out after we recorded but it's a renewal of the current borrowing facility we have.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Samilktray said:

Any chance of getting the podcast on Apple Podcasts?

Bit of a first world problem but Spotify reminds me of goths and the clock tower dwellers of the mid 2000s so I don’t like using it (although I do currently to listen to this particular podcast) 

We're going to try mate. Basically means we need to get it on an extra bit of hosting so we're looking into it.

5 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Just listened. Really like it. Only criticism is the lads are way too soft on Barnes 

Say what you want about Barnes though, he still will be right up there with goals and assists. The frustration is, there's much more in there from him, which would put him up there with the best out there. 

I think we have to acknowledge that though. Whilst he is a continual annoyance at times, he also is so important to us. If he was much more consistent then he wouldn't play for us.

• Like 3

Absolutely the best Leicester Pod going around now. The length is perfect! Love having it on as I potter round the house getting things done. 
Great to hear a balanced view on what’s going on at the club, with some well informed guests.

Keep up the great work!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Say what you want about Barnes though, he still will be right up there with goals and assists. The frustration is, there's much more in there from him, which would put him up there with the best out there. 

I think we have to acknowledge that though. Whilst he is a continual annoyance at times, he also is so important to us. If he was much more consistent then he wouldn't play for us.

All about opinions and they were well reasoned. I worry that part of our malaise is allowing players to stroll through games with no consequences