Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Random / Semi Unheard of Players you’ve spotted that we should look at

22 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

We all know that 99% of these players in 2023 are more likely to be signed by the likes of Brighton than us right?

Will being relegated force us to make more shrewd/brave signings like Mahrez for 400k etc?

They can't sign everyone!

Last season Brighton had the most players out on loan of any club in Europe. They are pretty smart at signing players early and developing them. However, we can compete with them for some of their players, specifically the ones that aren't ready for the Premier League yet, because at Leicester they can play first team right away and if we get promoted they are fast tracked into being a starter for a Premier League club.

However, look at the January window. We signed someone from the Danish Superliga, someone from the Championship, loaned someone from Ukraine and had a bid rejected for a player from Leeds who also got relegated. We weren't shopping in the same aisle of the supermarket even when we were in the top flight last season. Most likely we should be looking at players who the 3 promoted teams are also looking at, as we might be able to rival them in terms of wages and longer term prospects.

6 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

They can't sign everyone!

Last season Brighton had the most players out on loan of any club in Europe. They are pretty smart at signing players early and developing them. However, we can compete with them for some of their players, specifically the ones that aren't ready for the Premier League yet, because at Leicester they can play first team right away and if we get promoted they are fast tracked into being a starter for a Premier League club.

However, look at the January window. We signed someone from the Danish Superliga, someone from the Championship, loaned someone from Ukraine and had a bid rejected for a player from Leeds who also got relegated. We weren't shopping in the same aisle of the supermarket even when we were in the top flight last season. Most likely we should be looking at players who the 3 promoted teams are also looking at, as we might be able to rival them in terms of wages and longer term prospects.

Totally agree with your post.

What I was trying to point out (albeit poorly) Brighton signed Caicedo, Mitoma, Ferguson,  Enciso for a combined fee less than we paid for Soumare as an example.

We tried signing up and coming youngsters in Fofana, Daka and Soumare for pretty hefty fees whilst only Fofana appears to have been really good business.

Looking at a different market because of our relegation may actually be beneficial IF we genuinely look wider/less risk as not spending 20m on one unknown etc.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

Totally agree with your post.

What I was trying to point out (albeit poorly) Brighton signed Caicedo, Mitoma, Ferguson,  Enciso for a combined fee less than we paid for Soumare as an example.

We tried signing up and coming youngsters in Fofana, Daka and Soumare for pretty hefty fees whilst only Fofana appears to have been really good business.

Looking at a different market because of our relegation may actually be beneficial IF we genuinely look wider/less risk as not spending 20m on one unknown etc.

A lot of Brighton's signings have been amazing, did you see the graphic someone posted yesterday about league expected XG, Brighton was 4th. Suggested they need a goal scorer. Iheanacho and Brighton would be a match made in heaven, could see him get 20+ easily there being played and loved!

Two shouts from Cristal above, not as fond of these as some of my other names from Venezuela, Chile and Uruguay but would both be fairly cheap and young enough to probably eventually make a profit on them. 

This lad is a bit older and there isn't a load of videos of him but he's a left back playing for Bolivar. Got some good numbers for the position. Only issue would be Man City have a decent link with these and if he was 'that' good he'd of been picked up by someone in the City group.

On 01/06/2023 at 23:27, SafewayFox said:

We all know that 99% of these players in 2023 are more likely to be signed by the likes of Brighton than us right?

Will being relegated force us to make more shrewd/brave signings like Mahrez for 400k etc?

Let's hope so, it's what we did well at in the past. I just wonder how many of those scouts and other recruitment staff have been got rid of during Rodger's reign? We know Congerton came but I just wonder who else further down?

On 09/06/2023 at 13:21, Stadt said:

Had no idea they'd restructured the league

Ligue 1 will have 18 clubs only next season, so there were 4 clubs relegated and only 2 promoted from Ligue 2.

Sakhi is a very good player, and he will probably be available for not much money. Very good call, imho.

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

Must be a few random players from this u20 World Cup we can pick up relatively cheap with potentially a big up side, will be scandalous if we aren’t looking at at least one or two

Oscar Cortes and Miguel Monsalve please

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Incase it gets lost in the new manger topic @Sambiasso says Kristiansen’s agent has been touting this lad to the powers that be… left footed Right winger… @Ric Flair give us the low down

I've mentioned him before, he's had a very good season and a work permit is now no longer an issue given European appearances etc.

I still think the Championship is a pull for players from Denmark and other Scandinavian countries so it could be a possibility.

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

Must be a few random players from this u20 World Cup we can pick up relatively cheap with potentially a big up side, will be scandalous if we aren’t looking at at least one or two

Ignored suggesting any lads playing in it I've already suggested and the two Colombia lads who @Ric Flairhas mentioned as I'd also have them both. Ignacio Miramón (Argentina) Valentín Gómez (Argentina), Óscar Zambrano (Ecuador), Alan Minda (Ecuador), Anderson Duarte (Uruguay)

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Ignored suggesting any lads playing in it I've already suggested and the two Colombia lads who @Ric Flairhas mentioned as I'd also have them both. Ignacio Miramón (Argentina) Valentín Gómez (Argentina), Óscar Zambrano (Ecuador), Alan Minda (Ecuador), Anderson Duarte (Uruguay)