Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

Decided to have a look through former Prem and Championship managers who are currently out of a job:

Ralph Hasenhuttl - last at Southampton

Steven Gerrard - last at Aston Villa

Rafa Benitez - last at Everton

Nathan Jones - last at Southampton

Bruno Lage - last at Wolves

Javi Gracia - last at Leeds

Patrick Vieira - last at Crystal Palace

Jesse Marsch - last at Leeds

Scott Parker - last at Club Brugge

Slaven Bilic - last at Watford

Valerian Ismael - last at Besiktas

Left off a lot of other crap also, makes for grim reading really

Hopefully we go for someone decent already in a job, or try and convince an interesting foreign manager out of a job like Diego Martinez or Julien Stéphan

Not sure why but I get the feeling someone like Scott Parker might interest them, did well with Fulham and Bournemouth in the Championship which I think they will like, was absolute crap in Belgium though

9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Decided to have a look through former Prem and Championship managers who are currently out of a job:

Ralph Hasenhuttl - last at Southampton

Steven Gerrard - last at Aston Villa

Rafa Benitez - last at Everton

Nathan Jones - last at Southampton

Bruno Lage - last at Wolves

Javi Gracia - last at Leeds

Patrick Vieira - last at Crystal Palace

Jesse Marsch - last at Leeds

Scott Parker - last at Club Brugge

Slaven Bilic - last at Watford

Valerian Ismael - last at Besiktas

Left off a lot of other crap also, makes for grim reading really

Hopefully we go for someone decent already in a job, or try and convince an interesting foreign manager out of a job like Diego Martinez or Julien Stéphan

Not sure why but I get the feeling someone like Scott Parker might interest them, did well with Fulham and Bournemouth in the Championship which I think they will like, was absolute crap in Belgium though

I'd also chuck in Bielsa with that lot. I hate the godlike sycophancy around him from some quarters since he has obvious limitations. But he does like to work with a young small squad - which might be all we have. 

17 minutes ago, Guesty said:

I'd also chuck in Bielsa with that lot. I hate the godlike sycophancy around him from some quarters since he has obvious limitations. But he does like to work with a young small squad - which might be all we have. 

I was going to but I think he is meant to be joining Uruguay

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Apparently our 'old style' wasn't sustainable. What evidence is there to suggest the possession style we've adopted is any more sustainable - It's got us bloody relegated.

Who said it wasn't sustainable?

29 minutes ago, Guesty said:

Considering what’s happened at Leeds after he left  - it’s  pretty obvious he had them overperforming.

Just now, hackneyfox said:

So nobody if any note or in a position that counts, so thakfully the comment can be ignored.

Not regarding our club per se, but the wider media and pundits would have you think it's not sustainable and it does show how people have been brainwashed such a style.

And seemingly (Quite obviously imo) a direction, instruction and brief from a power(s) the be within the club, given the Ranieri (2nd season), Puel and Rodgers projects.

"The way to play football", "Playing football the right way", e.t.c

Guest Mee-9

You don't want an unproven foreign coach in the Championship handling such a huge rebuilding job as what's with us. Yeah Kompany played a blinder with Burnley, but he didn't have to deal with huge outgoings. 

Has to be a hard-nosed experienced Championship manager, who knows the division and will demand you run through brick walls for the club. 

2 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

You don't want an unproven foreign coach in the Championship handling such a huge rebuilding job as what's with us. Yeah Kompany played a blinder with Burnley, but he didn't have to deal with huge outgoings. 

Has to be a hard-nosed experienced Championship manager, who knows the division and will demand you run through brick walls for the club. 

They lost 10+ players and most of their best players didn't they?

Pope, Tarkowski, Mee, Collins, Westwood, Cornet, McNeil

Signed about 10 new players permanently and then another 6 on loan

• Like 2

The best thing to do to get out of the Championship is to go for a "none of the above" option. Burnley took a chance on unproven Kompany. Boro have done it with Carrick. Cov under Robins is extraordinary given their recent history. None of them would have been on many wanted lists before their current jobs. We need someone looking to prove themselves with a limited budget and actual man management skills.

Personally Ive heard good things about Rob Edwards and he seems to get results wherever he lands. Otherwise who else is out there, recently retired with new ideas?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest bennytwohats
1 hour ago, weller54 said:

Livin' La Vida Loca!!

Think that’s Russell Crowe mate

42 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Nuno at Wolves had no previous championship experience and he got them up and kept them up. 

Guest Mee-9
30 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Nuno at Wolves had no previous championship experience and he got them up and kept them up. 

He also got given Ruben Neves, and half of the Portugese population on the cheap to get them promoted. 

46 minutes ago, Bazly said:

We need a hard man as the next manager, someone who can kick all those egos into the long grass.

All the egos would have gone. 

We need a builder, who can define a new future and culture for the club.