Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

On 10/05/2023 at 08:53, Tommy Fresh said:

Wouldn't want him but can you write him off just because of his time with Rangers? Seems a bit harsh considering how well he did with Feyenoord.

If you read my post I'm not writing him off simply on his time at Rangers I mention Feyenoord too. Although he won the league with them their fans were also happy to see the back of him in the end. He was crap in China too. Therefore, as a manager, he's had 1 season so far in his career that you could term a resounding success.

5 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

know hes not got experience in UK football, but was impressed with Kjetil Knutsen from Bodo/Glimt in the european games id seen of them

as I dont think we'll be able to get Potter, Hutter Slot etc

Knutsen seems realistic 

I think he'd be a really progressive appointment and the thing with him is I reckon he'd still want to come even in the event of relegation.

• Like 1

Just now, Muzzy_Larsson said:

If you read my post I'm not writing him off simply on his time at Rangers I mention Feyenoord too. Although he won the league with them their fans were also happy to see the back of him in the end. He was crap in China too. Therefore, as a manager, he's had 1 season so far in his career that you could term a resounding success.

Pretty sure they just got fed up with his final year though, he was there a while, he won two KNVB Cups, something which they had managed once in the previous twenty years. In between the cup wins was when they won the Eredivisie so actually that's 3 fairly good seasons but okay. 

2 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I think he'd be a really progressive appointment and the thing with him is I reckon he'd still want to come even in the event of relegation.

He would because we'd pay him at least £2.5m a season which would be about a 1000% pay increase.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dames said:

Nope its going to be Russell Martin.

Worse than Smith, a mediocre Swansea manager who achieved mid table, perfect. All we need is a team of side ways passing lightweights, that should keep the fans away! 

It has to be a total reset and change in culture. Another Nigel Pearson-esque rebuilding job except even this would be too much for him now

Stowell etc need to go. There can't be any lingering sentiment here. We need a fresh outlook

Simply bringing in a new manager with old pals mollycoddling the players won't cut it in this league

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HybridFox said:

It has to be a total reset and change in culture. Another Nigel Pearson-esque rebuilding job except even this would be too much for him now

Stowell etc need to go. There can't be any lingering sentiment here. We need a fresh outlook

Simply bringing in a new manager with old pals mollycoddling the players won't cut it in this league

It does, need to build a structure, a culture, an identity. Its a big job. There is no way we bounce straight back up IMO. 

Someone needs to instill some pride and bottle in the team. I don't mind getting beat, its the manner in which we get beat. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 1

If he would come back to us, Kasper. A bright, intelligent guy who commands respect, has immensely high standards and loves LCFC. Sure he has no experience at managerial level, but I think he is a leader, and with a good support team who knows?

Edited by Harpenden Fox
  • Haha 3

Ugh **** sake it's going to be Parker isn't it. He's as current board as it gets. Style over substance, free agent, managed in this country etc... ticks all the boxes for our lot. Would be a shite appointment.

I'd go and get Corberan from West Brom. We are a shambles but we may still be able to con people that we aren't quite there yet and that we are possible to turn around, while WBA are a bigger mess currently. He's done well in this league.

On 13/05/2023 at 11:07, Ric Flair said:

We need our permanent manager identified and approached as soon as our league status is confirmed, especially if we go down because the overhaul is going to be so vast.

I'd put good money on nobody being announced at the start of June. We'll dither as usual, like we do on everything.

• Like 1

Weeks of shite names being linked whilst the play off losers, Southampton and Leeds (prob) get ahead of things in the market and with their squads. Eventually make a woefully uninspiring appointment ahead of a vanity trip to Thailand in July with a shambles of a squad. 
This wretched board do nothing quickly so there’s no chance we get our house in order ahead of the new season. More likely scratting around on deadline day for a couple of loans as our mercenary players **** off on season long loans themselves 

6 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Worse than Smith, a mediocre Swansea manager who achieved mid table, perfect. All we need is a team of side ways passing lightweights, that should keep the fans away! 

I don’t see why even our board should be that interested in Martin.  A guy who hasn’t been that successful even at lower levels.  What’s the draw?

59 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Ugh **** sake it's going to be Parker isn't it. He's as current board as it gets. Style over substance, free agent, managed in this country etc... ticks all the boxes for our lot. Would be a shite appointment.

I'd go and get Corberan from West Brom. We are a shambles but we may still be able to con people that we aren't quite there yet and that we are possible to turn around, while WBA are a bigger mess currently. He's done well in this league.

I mean he's got two promotions to his name, I actually don't think he'd be a bad manager for us in the Championship, it would be if we came back up I'd be worried about him. But we'll dither and Parker will go Southampton and we'll just give it Smith