Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Fair enough, Same traits? Same footballing intelligence? 

Maybe he wants to follow the way Rodgers worked his way up from the Football League as a manager? Probably a lot of reasons why he admires him.

I know we don't like Rodgers but he's had a good career as a manager so can see why people would look to him.

I said near the start of the season that I wanted McKenna from Ipswich. I don’t suppose he would want to come here now, and why should he.

One of posters on here suggested he was too much like Rodgers 😂😂

57 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Scott Parker are people for real the blokes a clown. Rather stick with Smith. 

I think people suggesting him are saying it's one of the more realistic appointments if we go down. Two promotions under his belt, out of work, if you think the board won't consider him then you're very naive my friend.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I think people suggesting him are saying it's one of the more realistic appointments if we go down. Two promotions under his belt, out of work, if you think the board won't consider him then you're very naive my friend.

Rafa over him any day of the week.

5 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Absolutely zero chance Hutter leaves for a Championship club.

5 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Leaves where?

We need somebody with a really strong character. Since Khun Vichai died, a deep cultural apathy seems to have set in at the club. Top doesn't have the force of personality nor the ruthlessness of his father, and neither do the people he employs to run the club. There is a clear absence of leadership. Our only hope next season is to employ a manager with a strong enough personality to help reset the culture of the club, not just pick the team. If we just recruit a pleasant, media-savvy young manager who likes his teams to play passing football and prides himself on being liked by his players, nothing will improve. We need more than that.

I don't know whether Hutter would come here, but he's the kind of appointment we should be looking at. 

i can tell you exactly why Hutter wouldn’t work. 

He’s been twerking for a job in the prem for a while now, there’s also a huge merry go round underway. Which means he’s going to want to assess options. 

The championship starts sooner and the clubs at that level are already underway with preparation and we have a huge clear out to oversee.

Which means we need a fast appointment. We won’t be able to sit around for weeks or even a month while he waits to see if he can pick up the palace job.

We need to be ambitious but smart, we need to target someone that will bite our hand off at the opportunity but is on an upward trajectory. 

I think we will try to be smart and i know it would be surprising because he wasn’t linked before … I just have this feeling that we will go and get Viera. I think he wasn’t considered for the job because he didn’t have experience in a relationship battle. but he does have a pedigree our owners would like.  I kind of hope it’s true as well as I think he got a raw deal at palace and he certainly hadn’t lost the dressing room. They battled well and narrowly lost to teams that everyone expected to win. He’d be a name that attracts players and i think he could be a good shout. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dannythefox said:

Rafa over him any day of the week.

Rafa didn't want it after we sacked Rodgers so I really don't think he would after we have been relegated

Unfortunately someone like Scott Parker would make sense to the club due to his recent history in the Championship with Fulham and Bournemouth

1 minute ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Someone mentioned the Luton town manager afew of days ago.....Rob Edwards, read he's doing a brilliant job 

Maybe not Mowbray at Sunderland but I would probably take any of the other playoff team managers

Rob Edwards at Luton

Michael Carrick at Middlesborough

Mark Robins at Coventry

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

We'll go for a known entity it's just how we do things, in that case I'd go for Viera or Hasenhutl

Yup we'll go for somebody safe but dull, a bit like Dean Smith had we gone down with another interim. 

21 hours ago, BrianSwan said:

So sad watching your decline.

You were the Brighton before Brighton, model club. I think you should have let guys like Tielemans leave for big money and replaced him better. I wouldn't be surprised if you come in for Russell Martin, he's the heir apparant to Graham Potter.

...I hope not, for both!!!

5 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I think we will try to be smart and i know it would be surprising because he wasn’t linked before … I just have this feeling that we will go and get Viera. I think he wasn’t considered for the job because he didn’t have experience in a relationship battle. but he does have a pedigree our owners would like.  I kind of hope it’s true as well as I think he got a raw deal at palace and he certainly hadn’t lost the dressing room. They battled well and narrowly lost to teams that everyone expected to win. He’d be a name that attracts players and i think he could be a good shout. 

...we hope the people at the top stop doubling down on this disaster and stay away from Viera!!!

For a manager who had assembled an exciting and talented squad, he was negative in his approach to games and Hodgson walked in and turn it all around. If they had not removed him, Crystal Palace would have been involved in the battle to stay up, he really is not that good.

• Like 1

https://theanalyst.com/eu/2022/08/english-championship-stats-2022-23/

Russell Martin would absolutely boil our supporters' piss 😂 Already a good 50% of stadium goers are enraged at the sight of a backpass, Martin's Swansea are ultra Rodgers-esque with their slow, ponderous passing play.

image.thumb.png.2f609c5ec61f7ff52280208c0893d8f0.png

1st in the Championship for Sequence Time (basically average number of seconds in possession of the ball), 1st for number of Passes per Sequence, and lowest (24th/24) for direct speed (average ball progression upfield in metres/second). 1st for number of Open Play Sequences that includes 10 or more passes, 1st for 10+ Pass OP Sequences that end in a Shot or Touch in the opponent's box, and 21st/24 for Direct Attacks.

image.thumb.png.75f481feb9c7de936397cf788d9d70a7.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I’m gonna put this out there…..I have a horrible prediction, that it doesn’t matter who we opt for, they’ll be sacked before the season ends after we’re bobbing between 10th - 14th with a few false dawns of “turning it around”.

I hope that I’m wrong but genuinely fear for the club that we all love after being mismanaged for too long now.

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Maybe not Mowbray at Sunderland but I would probably take any of the other playoff team managers

Rob Edwards at Luton

Michael Carrick at Middlesborough

Mark Robins at Coventry

Would be 4 clubs in a year for Edwards, not a reputation he'd surely want to have?

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I reckon he'd come even if we went down

Yeah his Espanyol sting didn’t work out particularly well but they didn’t pull up any trees before or after. 

I don’t know *that* much about him but he seems the type to relish the opportunity we have to rebuild.

• Like 1

it used to be said we always had a list of preferred managerial targets so we could move at pace if we binned / lost a manager but I worry this is no longer the case given our recent track record and wazzocks in charge.

crucial we move quickly in the close season re the new manager so we can reshape the squad and have the main bones of our new squad at the beginning of pre season.

I think Smith has damaged his changes of getting the job full time, but given our reduced circumstances there is more chance we go with the likes of McKenna than someone more ambitious.

Edited by JimmyC74