Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

Leeds going down too might help in terms of taking the heat off us being everyone's cup final.

If we went down with the likes of Forest and Bournemouth it would be a differenf story.

Edited by Nalis

Southampton only have 4 players out of Contract, I guess it depends who else they’ll lose. 

Ward Prowse, Walker-Peters, Livramento and Lavia are the more valuable players they’ll likely sell. 

Salisu, Armstrong, Adams and Diallo also expire in 2024, so will likely move back to the Premier League. 

5 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

I literally know nothing about these bums. If you know who manages the likes of Preston, Birmingham and Hull, you need to get out the house more. 

But I work from home, dammit :P 

(No, I don't know who they are, either...)

1 minute ago, PhillippaT said:

But I work from home, dammit :P 

(No, I don't know who they are, either...)

I’ve put them all in now, after some internet based research! :whistle:

15 minutes ago, Metal Lover said:

Grow a pair you kuntz.  It'll be fine.

I’m at ease with it. 

If we start well and ten games in we’re in the top 6, this disaster of a season will largely be forgotten by all but the history books. 

We are now one of the big 6 in this league. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Sly said:

I’m at ease with it. 

If we start well and ten games in we’re in the top 6, this disaster of a season will largely be forgotten by all but the history books. 

We are now one of the big 6 in this league. 

I'd wait to see what line-up we have for the first match, before making any decisions about how good we are :P 

• Haha 1

Just a sign of how little I’ve watched of the EFL since promotion, how does broadcasting work nowadays? I know there is the highlight show on Channel 5 or something, but are most / all games broadcast live across the world if not in UK or are we looking at a lot of radio again? I know there has been a landmark deal for 24/25 but hopefully we won’t have to worry much about that anyway

2 hours ago, Sly said:

19 teams in the Championship, have been a Premiership club at some stage. 

So head coaches at the moment:and who’s in the Championship.

Birmingham - John Eustace

Blackburn - Jon Dahl Tomosson

Bristol City - Nigel Pearson

Cardiff City - Stan Lamouchi

Coventry City - Mark Robins

Huddlesfield Town - TBC

Hull City - Liam Roseniar

Ipswich Town - Kieran McKenna

Leeds United - TBC

Leicester City - TBC

Middlesborough - Michael Carrick

Millwall - Gary Rowett

Norwich - David Wagner

Plymouth Argyle - Stephen Schumacher

Preston North End - Ryan Lowe

Queens Park Rangers - Gareth Ainsworth

Rotherham United - Matt Taylor

Southampton - TBC

Stoke City - Alex Neil

Sunderland - Tony Mowbray

Swansea - Russell Martin

Watford - Valerie’s Ismael

West Bromwich Albion - Carlos Coberan

The League One playoff is today, between Barnsley and Sheffield Wednesday. 

So out of the 24 clubs, I think it’s only Bristol, Rotherham, Plymouth, Preston and Millwall that have never been a Premier League club (obviously some have previously been too flight). 

Lamouchi has not been retained at Cardiff 

• Thanks 1

I am genuinely quite looking forward to being back in the Championship.

Even when we were doing well, the Premier League had lost its excitement and glamour once you realise its set-up for a few teams to dominate (profit), and the rest are just making up the numbers. 

Relegation also might mean we lose a few hangers on so might be able to get down to the Home games again when up visiting my parents. 

Every cloud! 

Edited by W7Fox
  • Like 2

There's some absolutely cracking clubs in the Championship and we need first get a manager who has previously succeeded in this division and then assemble a young hungry fit team that'll run their hearts out for us and then absolutely go for it. 

Much said but true in getting rid of the deadwood and those half hearted tw*ts who have let us down so badly. 

I'm quite looking forward to it if we get it right 

I don’t think any of us understand what the financial implications will be, but I suspect not very good at all.

Our loans with Macquarie will swallow up the Fofana money and any parachute payments at least. So Barnes and Maddison need to go along with anyone who doesn’t have a relegation clause in their contract. Given how shockingly our club has been run in that regard, I expect there are a fair few on or around 100k a week with no clauses. 

I will wait to hear more before making a judgement, but you can’t help but think we are at major risk of breaking EFL rules and/or going into administration at some point in the near future. 

9 hours ago, Raj said:

Cardiff tuesday away.

Hull at home on a Friday night.

Let that sink in

When you only watch blue and white, so long as we’re watching a win more than they lose side, who cares about the opposition? I don’t go down the city to watch the other teams.

8 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Ryan Lowe manages Preston and I only know that as I live and work near Preston and some of my colleagues are Preston fans. As for Birmingham and Hull my guess would be Trevor Francis and Phil Brown. 

I think Steve Bruce manages Hull and Birmingham. Will have to check though 

• Haha 4