Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

5 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

I hope the club has been crisis planning and has a list of players to recruit for next season in the championship.

Getting this transfer window right is crucial to stop us spiralling down and have a chance at bouncing back.

They probably still think we can go ahead and sign Messi! 

8 hours ago, lcfcben76 said:

Been having a quick look at what some clubs charged Birmingham City supporters , because what else is there to do at 2am lol

coventry £33

QPR £30-36

Watford £20

Sunderland £29

Millwall £27

Huddersfield £25

Norwich £30

Swansea £32.50

Bristol City £33

Blackburn £25

Stoke £25

Hull £20-24

Middlesborough £28

Rotherham £24

Cardiff £23

Ipswich away last time we played them was £38.50 so I'm guessing it's going to be about £200 now 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Has anyone ever watched any games on ifollow legit or streaming? Is it every game shown? Is there a commentary team? Genuinely curious. 

From what I've read it is down to the club for the most part, but usually the games will be shown live on iFollow unless they're at 3pm on a Saturday or will be shown on Sky/BBC Red button. The streams are with local commentary and stable from what I've read.

I think if you're outside the UK, all games can be shown live unless selected by Sky, DAZN or other major providers in whichever country you're in. So a VPN might come in handy depending on what the club decide to do, and whether they proceed with iFollow or their own streaming platform like some other clubs.

I imagine they haven't thought about it yet. 

• Thanks 2

The club must never allow wholesale running down of contracts ever again. Seven leaving this summer (plus Tete) and another 9 out of contract next summer!

Here's the list of those whose contacts expire next year with my hope for what we'll do with them this summer:

• Albrighton - will help the re-set as a squad player next season, allow contract to run down
  • Choudhury - probable first team player on reduced wages, sell if we get a £10M offer or let him leave next summer
  • Maddison - sell
  • Ndidi - sell 
  • Praet - sell
  • Smithies - allow contract to run down as second/third choice GK
  • Thomas - offer new contract?
  • Vardy - will help the re-set as a squad/rotation player next season, allow contract to run down
  • Vestegaard - get out of the club by any means possible!

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

Hardly any Barnsley fans relative to Sheffield Wednesday

I’d imagine a significant amount of them are related actually… whether they know it or not…

• Haha 4

I worry our fan base are not prepared for the Championship and losing 11-15 games in the season when we’re (currently) one of the favourites to go up.

(If you think there’s no way we’ll lose that many, Sheff Utd were promoted by 11 points with 11 losses and Middlesbrough finished fourth with 15 defeats).

I don’t think anyone can say how we’ll do when we’ve no idea what manager and players are going to be there. It wouldn’t surprise me

if there’s a shed load of loan signings.

4 hours ago, Trekerz said:

Bookies have made us favourites for the title next season

Lazy from them. Realistically, we will struggle next year. Too many changes. Twice we’ve gone down and come straight back up. 1. When McGhee/o’Neil were in charge. 2. Adams the first time.

Mcghee had half a season to prepare. Robins/Roberts started off (and continued) very well. O’Neil was a genius but we got in by the skin of our teeth and won the play off. 

Adams had a similar squad to one that went down. Can only remember Piper and Savage leaving. 

Both squads to some extent had continuity. We need a new manager, a new style and 12/13 new players. We then need those players and manager to click, build up a rapport with the fans, adapt to the league. It’s a lot to ask. 

Our best hope is a slow start with a late play off push. I just don’t see it. If we do things right this year and next, we could possibly look at promotion in years after that. I’d have us favourite for relegation rather than promotion at this stage.

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I believe away allocations are capped at 2,000. So we could technically sell 30,000 home tickets if demand was high. I do wonder how many clubs will allocate us more than 2,000. I doubt clubs like Cov would.

Believe Blackburn and Preston always give a lot away don’t they?

12 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Lazy from them. Realistically, we will struggle next year. Too many changes. Twice we’ve gone down and come straight back up. 1. When McGhee/o’Neil were in charge. 2. Adams the first time.

Mcghee had half a season to prepare. Robins/Roberts started off (and continued) very well. O’Neil was a genius but we got in by the skin of our teeth and won the play off. 

Adams had a similar squad to one that went down. Can only remember Piper and Savage leaving. 

Both squads to some extent had continuity. We need a new manager, a new style and 12/13 new players. We then need those players and manager to click, build up a rapport with the fans, adapt to the league. It’s a lot to ask. 

Our best hope is a slow start with a late play off push. I just don’t see it. If we do things right this year and next, we could possibly look at promotion in years after that. I’d have us favourite for relegation rather than promotion at this stage.

Different era now.

Parachute payments give teams coming down from the Premier League a huge advantage and those who were in it a long time, like us and Southampton, are geared up for top flight football in a way that makes them attractive to prospective players and managers to go straight up.

Couple that with the likely transfer fees we'll get for Maddison and Barnes and it's not difficult to see why we'll be most neutrals' favourites. You invariably see one or two of the relegated teams bounce back straight away nowadays. Of the three relegated teams, I actually think Leeds are the least likely to do so at this very early stage with their ownership so up in the air.

20 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

You have found your home then. Welcome to the fragrance of success, via abject failure. Breathe deep my friend. 

Sounds like true life experience from yourself my friend, your already there and probably there for too long.  :P

I'm looking forward to it, home sweet home with you all

Edited by Dr The Singh
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I believe away allocations are capped at 2,000. So we could technically sell 30,000 home tickets if demand was high. I do wonder how many clubs will allocate us more than 2,000. I doubt clubs like Cov would.

Cov gave just 2000 for their play offs

• Like 1