Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

League One & Two - 2023-2024 Season

1 hour ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Barnsley appoint Neil Collins from the Tampa Bay Rowdies as their new manager. Interesting appointment, has done a great job over there, played a lot of league football as a centre back and comes under the young upcoming manager bracket. However, you can understand the frustration of some Barnsley fans as it’s another summer of selling their best players for small fees, losing their manager and gambling on a cheaper option.

Speaking to a Sporting fan, he said that's exactly how Portuguese clubs feel. They try not to get too attached to their players and managers. They find talents like Di Maria, James Rodriguez, Falcao etc only to sell them on after they become good, and then start another rebuild. 

Difference is Portuguese clubs sell their players for huge fees.

Edited by Koke
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Langston said:

Bristol Rovers showing they’re unequivocally against “violence and intimidatory behaviour” by signing Jevani Brown. What a way to make a stand!

Well they did appoint Joey Barton, that paragon of virtue as their manager, so at least they're consistent....

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

FGR already got a new manager in .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66228363

David Horseman

Chickned out in then in appointing the first female manager. 13 Days to give a manager to prove themselves what a joke! Dingley has choose to step down and can't say I blame her. Not been given a fair chance. Seems like to me, it was decided from one day one she was never going to get the full time. Just publicity stunt on the owners part, to make him look good. 

45 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Chickned out in then in appointing the first female manager. 13 Days to give a manager to prove themselves what a joke! Dingley has choose to step down and can't say I blame her. Not been given a fair chance. Seems like to me, it was decided from one day one she was never going to get the full time. Just publicity stunt on the owners part, to make him look good. 

They pretty much admitted she was temporary although was very short must say !

9 hours ago, Super_horns said:

They pretty much admitted she was temporary although was very short must say !

Considering the coverage she got from the press and even the press conference at Forest Green. It sounded like she was going to be given the whole rest of the pre-season. Instead they just put her in charge for their training camp in Ireland. It's a shame as the manager they have gone for probably as the same qualifications and experience as she does. You would hope though she looks around, she's got herself on the market for other clubs. Maybe consider going for jobs in the National League or National League North and South. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Its interesting point about wrexham no doubt we will see their games live more than anyone else in the league.

Weirdly atm Wrexham are probably more known around the world than premier league Burnley.

I wouldn't agree with that.

2 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Not sure if want to see Wrexham do well or not, after so much spotlight on them.

Was difficult for me last season in regards to them. Still, I tried never to hate them and fortunately we(Notts) got done what we needed to do.

Can't wait for tomorrow!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Was difficult for me last season in regards to them. Still, I tried never to hate them and fortunately we(Notts) got done what we needed to do.

Can't wait for tomorrow!

It would be have a real injustice if you hadn’t was really pleased you did it.

I don’t mind the Wrexham stuff. It’s better than oil money, they owners seem like good guys and at least they are growing the brand to increase revenue than as I say, oil money and dodgy dealings.

• Like 1