Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

League One & Two - 2023-2024 Season

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

Bit of a contrast in management.

From Sky.

“ Forest Green Rovers have named Hannah Dingley as their caretaker head coach following the exit of Duncan Ferguson, making her the first woman to take charge of a senior professional men's team in England.”

Formerly with Gresley Rovers I think.

6 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Be interesting to see the outcome at Forest Green. You hope she does get the chance on a permeant basis.

In a way it is a pity that FGR was the first club to do this as it will be seen as a gimmick rather than a random other club with no history of innovation etc.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Bit of a contrast in management.

From Sky.

“ Forest Green Rovers have named Hannah Dingley as their caretaker head coach following the exit of Duncan Ferguson, making her the first woman to take charge of a senior professional men's team in England.”

What’s her background in management? Has she managed or coached anywhere else previously either in the non league or the womens game?

Hadn’t heard of her but after 5 minutes searching seems shes been their academy head coach for a few years having previously been a coach at Burton Albion for 6 years, as well as us & Forest (women’s teams), Lincoln, Shepshed Dynamo & Notts County…been coaching in the men’s game for a decade+

Edited by LCFCJoe96
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, The Blur said:

In a way it is a pity that FGR was the first club to do this as it will be seen as a gimmick rather than a random other club with no history of innovation etc.  

I went to FGR towards the end of last season and this was my feeling about them. Dale Vince was walking around in some combat trousers and a leather jacket, there were people who we were speaking too at the game who weren't football fans but rather owned vegan eateries and wanted to come and see what all the fuss was about. There was a camera crew going around recording parts of the club and doing interviews on the way the club operates being environmentally friendly and vegan. Everything just felt like one big gimmick and I felt for the fans because the football was turgid but the attention felt like it was everywhere but what was on the pitch.

All the best to her, I hope she gets a fair crack whether its temporary or longer.

• Like 1

Interesting thing is, she does well this could open the door for other female coaches to move into the mens game and be given opportunities. I do believe many female managers in the past have applied for mens first team's jobs and may have been interviewed but the club fear the backlash from supporters. Like we seen at Grimsby with Hope Powell been linked a decade ago. Though of course times have changed since then, I know many clubs for example would love the likes Sarina Weigmann or Emma Hayes managing there club. 

• Like 1

Some of the sentencing remarks from the Andy Pilley case are great...

On your first visit to this court, your counsel’s first words were to ask that you should not have to sit in the dock. I refused it on the basis that all defendants are treated equally here. Now as you come to be sentenced you tell me through counsel that you feel humiliated and your prison cell is small.

Here in court you are not special. You are a criminal. You are a fraudster.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/here-is-what-the-judge-had-to-say-to-andy-pilley-and-his-co-accused-4207556

lol

I'm not sure it's an outright publicity stunt as she has been working at the club for a period of time which suggests she has the respect of various persons there. I do find it strange how FGR got rid of Ferguson on the eve of pre-season. But Vince is pretty shit at his role considering the money he's spent. 

7 hours ago, LCFCJoe96 said:

Hadn’t heard of her but after 5 minutes searching seems shes been their academy head coach for a few years having previously been a coach at Burton Albion for 6 years, as well as us & Forest (women’s teams), Lincoln, Shepshed Dynamo & Notts County…been coaching in the men’s game for a decade+

Might be wrong but think she was the physio first at Shepshed and then became a coach there. She was there a fair few years so must have at least 15-years of working in male dressing rooms behind her. Turning one of those around to her way of thinking is sadly probably the biggest challenge a woman manager faces, but if anyone’s experienced to do it it’s probably her even more so than say Emma Hayes who has only coached ladies as far as I know. 

People are probably right though and it’s only interim. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

It’s a publicity stunt, she will be replaced in a couple of weeks time.

If she’s not and gets the job permanently then fair play to her but can’t see it happening.

It isn't a publicity stunt, she's been at the club for a while and was best placed to take over as caretaker, it's no different to Sadler and Stowell taking over here temporarily.

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

It isn't a publicity stunt, she's been at the club for a while and was best placed to take over as caretaker, it's no different to Sadler and Stowell taking over here temporarily.

Not really she was something to do with the academy I believe. Stowell and Sadler were 1st team coaches here. It would be like us putting an academy coach in charge if your comparing.

Not sure if all of the coaching staff went with Ferguson, if so she may be best placed to take charge for a few weeks.

Barnsley appoint Neil Collins from the Tampa Bay Rowdies as their new manager. Interesting appointment, has done a great job over there, played a lot of league football as a centre back and comes under the young upcoming manager bracket. However, you can understand the frustration of some Barnsley fans as it’s another summer of selling their best players for small fees, losing their manager and gambling on a cheaper option.

1 hour ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Barnsley appoint Neil Collins from the Tampa Bay Rowdies as their new manager. Interesting appointment, has done a great job over there, played a lot of league football as a centre back and comes under the young upcoming manager bracket. However, you can understand the frustration of some Barnsley fans as it’s another summer of selling their best players for small fees, losing their manager and gambling on a cheaper option.

Money ball babyyyy.

If you're running that way (the way we were) you need to learn not to get too attached to coaches or players and trust the process. The moment you try and fight it, it'll start to unravel and fall to pieces.