Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxile5

Tielemans to Villa

16 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Looks almost certain to join Aston Villa at this point.

Imagine running your contract down to sign for them.

Set your sights low much, Youri?

Based on what? That it’s close by and he may not need to move? I haven’t seen any credible link to them. But it’s about his level really. He’s not a top 6-7 player, and more for teams knocking on the door. Sadly I think he has a few critical flaws like lack of physicality and willingness to run and tackle.

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, lcfc old boy said:

certain?

Yeah. The betting has dropped to something like 5/9. If he didn't sign it would be the first player for eighteen months or more not to sign after those odds.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Based on what? That it’s close by and he may not need to move? I haven’t seen any credible link to them. But it’s about his level really. He’s not a top 6-7 player, and more for teams knocking on the door. Sadly I think he has a few critical flaws like lack of physicality and willingness to run and tackle.

See above. There's some chatter that his wife has confirmed this but that's hardly Percy.

However, the bookies seem pretty certain on this.

Probably not quite the move he wanted but Villa would still be a pretty good move

Can only see them getting better under Emery, probably be the favourites to win the Europa Conference as well

Edited by moore_94

3 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Yeah. The betting has dropped to something like 5/9. If he didn't sign it would be the first player for eighteen months or more not to sign after those odds.

6/5 bet 365 5/2 bet victor not sure about the 5/2 bet victor cannot access the site but iyt aint no 5/9 shot

14 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/youri-tielemans-tipped-join-aston-8495534.amp

Reported here too.

Just seems a very weird move for him. Perhaps not putting in a shift and looking disinterested doesn't scream 'I'm a good signing' to the big boys.

i thought he would go to a italian club if none of the bigger clubs here want him

10 minutes ago, lcfc old boy said:

i thought he would go to a italian club if none of the bigger clubs here want him

All depends on his/agents wage demands. If he’s looking for £150k +, then I imagine the only clubs who can/or willing to pay that kind of money are mid/lower table Prem clubs. 

Edited by Glorious Leicester Fan
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

See above. There's some chatter that his wife has confirmed this but that's hardly Percy.

However, the bookies seem pretty certain on this.

Yea just seen article in the Mercury. They’re welcome to him! And clearly not the move he would have hoped for.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Villa might have been his only option? I can’t imagine any top team wanting him now. 

I think you may be right. It makes me wonder if we'd stayed in the prem, whether he would've signed an extension with us, given his options.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Just disappointing, mans left us on a free to join villa ffs. Talk about a sidewards step.

With the way the game is moving in England, players like Tielemans aren't as accommodated for, with the demand being for fast, strong midfielders as well as having the technical ability he has.

Agree.

Also, and I sincerely hope I’m wrong, but I can’t help but feel  that he’s reached his peak and his trajectory is only going one way. His performances/attitude weren’t great this season. I don’t think you can simply rest this at a switch of a button. Although a change of scenery may help. 

Edited by Glorious Leicester Fan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

playing for Emery will probably tell us a lot about whether he is passed it/lazy or whether he was just another victim of Rodgers. 

You'd imagine Emery won't play him as a right sided CB so would expect to see a clear improvement. New surroundings generally help pick you up again when you're in a slump. Wouldn't be surprised to see him getting rave reviews in the first half of the season.

1 minute ago, Buzzell said:

Real coup for Villa if they manage to pull this off.

I feel the opposite. They are likely going to pay big wages for someone who struggles with the pace and physicality of the league. Unless he significantly adapts his game, his best years in the PL are behind him.

What i can't get my head around is whilst Steven G was in charge, Villa were considered the absolute pits and one good managerial appointment at the right time has put them in a position where is highly likely Youri will go there and I believe Barnes has been linked too.

And we are apparently looking at Steven Gerrard!!! 

• Like 2