Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxile5

Tielemans to Villa

1 minute ago, Bert said:

He’s not. Never has been and never will be. 

mcginn is far better than tillermans at the moment. at the moment. slow, lethargic, lazy tillermans didnt even deserve a place in our squad.

7 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

Well it's not being pedantic, we've been relegated for being complete shite. How can we lament him moving to a premier league club when we've just been relegated? As good as he was for us for a few seasons (including the cup final) I think he's drastically reduced his shelf life by playing so many games. Unless he goes abroad I'm not surprised he's going to a club like villa.

But we're not lamenting him for moving to a Prem team now . We're lamenting him for chasing a move to a bigger Champions league club while we were doing well and ending up at a 2023 version of us .

He'll do well at Villa for a season then he'll flop. 

I've said it before but Tielemans legs will be gone by the time he is 31/32. 

He is 26/27 now and already really lazy.a

8 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

My suspicion would be that he has an overinflated perception about his ability. He’s a good player on his day but he is far from alone in that department. Tielemans has a great technical ability, however, his athleticism will always let him down. 

He’ll probably be decent enough at Villa but it’s hardly going to change the trajectory of his career. He’s 26 now, - this is the time for a big move. I also think that by the time he’s 30, it will be basically over as he has been playing regularly since he was 16. Tielemans will burn out.

Also you have to question his attitude after downing tools at both Monaco and us. 

6 minutes ago, Scotch said:

He is. Right now? He absolutely is because he's been better for the last year. 

Youri clearly HAS been better and has the potential to be better again but when talking in present tense? McGinn is better. 

I was about to blow up at you and then I remember coming on here and arguing that Jason Koumas was the best British midfielder of his generation and that Robert Earnshaw was the best striker in the Premier League. 

So I tell you what, you might be chatting absolute baws but I get you. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, los dedos said:

But we're not lamenting him for moving to a Prem team now . We're lamenting him for chasing a move to a bigger Champions league club while we were doing well and ending up at a 2023 version of us .

To be honest, **** him. There's very few players I'll actively wish well for if they leave us. I respect him for what he's done for us but I couldn't really care less where he goes afterwards.

At this point I'm realising my opinions on this are a bit complex so this might come across as confusing :unsure: but it's a complex situation with mixed emotions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

No chance he was dreaming of Villa when he chose not to renew his contract here.

It is either the are no other decent offers, or Emery calibre has convinced of the project.

He was convinced of the "project" here. At his age he doesn't need a project he needs the finished article. He's signing a contract that'll take him through his prime, he was supposed to build his reputation here and then move to one of Europe's big clubs.

To be honest, I'm genuinely a little surprised that still hasn't happened. The perception of him on this forum is wildly bollocks compared to the reality, he's definitely got the ability to play consistently for a Champions League side. 

• Like 2

On 02/06/2023 at 11:58, tomtom said:

The amount of disrespect to Youri in here in shocking!

Well the **** has been quite disrespectful to the club and the fans, 40m of asset diliberately running down his contract leaving for a free, whilst seemingly putting in less than 100% in season ending in relegation and setting the club back to 2012. Id say the disrespect is well earned. Yes the club should have acted more decisively too but still.

Whatever happened histroically with the club managers and players and any good work done has beem completely unravelled this past year by a bunch of nohoping shiesters who will be off at the first sniff of cash.

Respect is earnt, none of that squad earn any respect from me.

3 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Well the **** has been quite disrespectful to the club and the fans, 40m of asset diliberately running down his contract leaving for a free, whilst seemingly putting in less than 100% in season ending in relegation and setting the club back to 2012. Id say the disrespect is well earned. Yes the club should have acted more decisively too but still.

Whatever happened histroically with the club managers and players and any good work done has beem completely unravelled this past year by a bunch of nohoping shiesters who will be off at the first sniff of cash.

Respect is earnt, none of that squad earn any respect from me.

Deliberately running down his contract lol you do realise at any point when Leicester knew he wasn't going to renew his contract we could have sold him right?  He's let his contract run down because the owners and directors haven't got a clue what they are doing. Granted, he's been shit for a while but we could have cashed in ages ago. 

Edited by kristianity77

20 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Also you have to question his attitude after downing tools at both Monaco and us. 

He’s lucky to be credited for being a ‘model professional.’ If you look at the evidence, it suggests otherwise. Jumped ship quickly at his boyhood club and downed tools at both Monaco and Leicester.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc

26 minutes ago, Scotch said:

He is. Right now? He absolutely is because he's been better for the last year. 

Youri clearly HAS been better and has the potential to be better again but when talking in present tense? McGinn is better. 

Obviously different style of players but we don't go down if we had mcginn instead of youri in my opinion 

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He was convinced of the "project" here. At his age he doesn't need a project he needs the finished article. He's signing a contract that'll take him through his prime, he was supposed to build his reputation here and then move to one of Europe's big clubs.

To be honest, I'm genuinely a little surprised that still hasn't happened. The perception of him on this forum is wildly bollocks compared to the reality, he's definitely got the ability to play consistently for a Champions League side. 

He has the ability but he also lacks the physicality and mentality to play consistently for those types of clubs.

16 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

It's a sidewards step to move from a relegated team that is being run into the ground to a Villa team that is clearly on the rise?

The man puts in two years being probably our best player and scores a worldie to win us our first FA Cup and we have people treating him like he's Joe Mattock. I know it's painful to see him drop off and leave us but there's no need to be silly.

It’s an underwhelming move even if Aston Villa have had an excellent 6 months. When you consider he’s been running his contract down since 2021 and has been linked to Champions League big guns like  Arse, Man U, Liverpool, Real Madrid and Inter Milan just to name a few in the press during that time, a move to Villa will only be seen as an upward move because we have been relegated. Ironically that relegation has been assisted by key players like Youri dialling it in at times for the last 18 months at least. He was excellent for two years but that has to be tempered by the subsequent two years where as a player he’s dropped off to the point that Villa are the club he’s being linked to. 

The hypocrisy of football fans:

• Player is at club, plays well, receives 'interest' from other clubs = That player is heralded as world class
  • Players is sold, subject to world record or big fee = Revisionism abounds and we all agree he was never that good anyway. 
  • Player runs down their contract (either deliberately, because there's no buyers or because the club doesn't sell him and we never know which of these it actually is...) = Player is abused for leaving the club without letting us get some cash back!
Edited by Les-TA-Jon
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

• Player is at club, plays well, receives 'interest' from other clubs = That player is heralded as world class
  • Players is sold, subject to world record or big fee = Revisionism abounds and we all agree he was never that good anyway. 
  • Player runs down their contract (either deliberately, because there's no buyers or because the club doesn't sell him and we never know which of these it actually is...) = Player is abused for leaving the club without letting us get some cash back!

You could say all of them points were true/correct view of Tielemans at each stage of his time with us though.

5 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

There’s no doubt that Youri has intentionally run his contract down as there has been an offer on the table for him for the past 2 years. This contract offer was communicated publicly by Rodgers on numerous occasions and never refuted by Tielemans’ camp so there’s no doubt. He could’ve signed the contract and still got a move as an under contract player being sold is still the most common type of transfer in the top leagues.

The club doesn’t come out of this with any credit as they should’ve got rid of him for a significantly reduced fee when it was clear he wasn’t going to sign. From Youri’s perspective, running his contract down and getting a massive signing on fee more than outweighs the cost of not signing a new contract on higher wages in that time. He’ll be quids in even if the move is not to the levels he once surely expected. 

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

You could say all of them points were true/correct view of Tielemans at each stage of his time with us though.

Yes player's form and ability changes - just can help but see the bitterness involved. When we received interest in Fofana we were all saying he was the next VVD and should be the first £100m CB, going to Real Madrid, world's best young CB etc etc. Soon as he goes to Chelsea it's all 'screw him, didn't need him anyway, he's overhyped'

Also highlighting the damned if you do, damned if you don't situation fans create for players. If Youri had gone in the summer of 2021, most would have pilloried him. Instead he's 'honoured' his contract and getting pilloried for leaving on a free instead. 

• Like 1