Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxile5

Tielemans to Villa

Don’t really see it as a coup, no way a bigger club will touch him with his lack of energy/pressing ability in the modern game. I’m not convinced he even starts for them tbh. You can’t really say he’s been better than Douglas Luis and McGinn over the past couple of seasons.

10 minutes ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

Agree.

Also, and I sincerely hope I’m wrong, but I can’t help but feel  that he’s reached his peak and his trajectory is only going one way. His performances/attitude weren’t great this season. I don’t think you can simply rest this at a switch of a button. Although a change of scenery may help. 

As I touched on, I genuinely think unless he's in a team where he's the pivot and has all action players around him, then he'll struggle, especially with how he isn't able to be a destroyer at the base of the midfield. 

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

All those interviews with a smirk on his face saying "he's keeping his options open" to eventually sign to play with Tyrone Mings lol 

We'd read things a while ago about his agent being in his ear that these mega clubs want him. Wouldn't be shocked to see his performances over last few years and his wage demands to have put a few off. 

Maybe he got confused as to what ECL means???

He wants to play European Champions League?? But will end up playing Europa Conference League for 1 season unless they win it?

They won't be there next year as Liverpool and Chelsea will get their act together.

6 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Hell of a swoop from Villa if they take him and Barnes off us.

Tielemans should have been nowhere near our first 11 this season with his performances so why would he be a good signing for Villa.

Barnes is a different matter.

9 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

It's a sidewards step to move from a relegated team that is being run into the ground to a Villa team that is clearly on the rise?

The man puts in two years being probably our best player and scores a worldie to win us our first FA Cup and we have people treating him like he's Joe Mattock. I know it's painful to see him drop off and leave us but there's no need to be silly.

I wouldn't call it silly, Villa are exactly where we've been for the past few years. It isn't an upward step, he isn't competing in competitions that he hadn't with us, they aren't aiming for anything we weren't. 

Yes, leaving us was a given due to our downfall, but I won't have Villa described as anything or than a sidewards career move. Every journalist going was pushing Youri wanting a CL team, hence not signing a new deal with us.

I'm amazed people are genuinely annoyed by this lol 

He is disliked by the majority of people on this board, why the hell do you care where he plays?

Leaving for what I assume will be a very nice wedge, doesn't have to move house and playing for one of the best managers in Europe. What a sap.

• Like 1

He's basically swapping us for what we were when he first signed.

Hardly where I guess he thought he would be by now but his dropoff here was huge, as they were for a lot of our players, which is probably a big signifier of how the coaching and culture at the club deteriorated.

He'll be decent under Emery, I'm sure. But he'll be bitterly disappointed that he isn't attracting the interest of any Champions League clubs.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but we really should've taken the money for him two summers ago.

We move on, we rebuild and we beat his Villa side when we're back in the Prem in 24/25 :scarf:

PS. Thanks for the thunderbastard, Youri

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

Saw him in town yesterday. Think Villa would suit him at the current time due to family circumstances. Would likely mean he wouldn't have to uproot them. 

He’s also booked his daughter into a summer camp/club in Leicestershire 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

If you want to be pedantic about it then obviously moving to Luton or Burnley is a "step up" for him now. 

But given he wasn't extending his contract with us when we were competing for the top six, pushing for Champions League, playing in the Europa League and winning the FA Cup because he had ambitions at being at a regular Champions League club it's then pretty irksome that he winds up at Villa who aren't even where we were. 

Likely for him too. 

He obviously needed Soyuncu's agent tbqh. 

Well it's not being pedantic, we've been relegated for being complete shite. How can we lament him moving to a premier league club when we've just been relegated? As good as he was for us for a few seasons (including the cup final) I think he's drastically reduced his shelf life by playing so many games. Unless he goes abroad I'm not surprised he's going to a club like villa.

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Just disappointing, mans left us on a free to join villa ffs. Talk about a sidewards step.

With the way the game is moving in England, players like Tielemans aren't as accommodated for, with the demand being for fast, strong midfielders as well as having the technical ability he has.

My suspicion would be that he has an overinflated perception about his ability. He’s a good player on his day but he is far from alone in that department. Tielemans has a great technical ability, however, his athleticism will always let him down. 

He’ll probably be decent enough at Villa but it’s hardly going to change the trajectory of his career. He’s 26 now, - this is the time for a big move. I also think that by the time he’s 30, it will be basically over as he has been playing regularly since he was 16. Tielemans will burn out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Villa fans think John Mcginn is better than him lol 

He is. Right now? He absolutely is because he's been better for the last year. 

Youri clearly HAS been better and has the potential to be better again but when talking in present tense? McGinn is better. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Scotch said:

Youri clearly HAS been better and has the potential to be better again but when talking in present tense? McGinn is better. 

He’s not. Never has been and never will be. 

2 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Gary Taylor Fletcher would have been a better option than the lazy git last season!!! 

• Haha 1