Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxile5

Tielemans to Villa

He'll get his head down, slim up, and produce some ****ing fine football for eighteen months.

Then he'll be established and standards will slip a little bit. But they'll have some success from him. I'm sure.

4 hours ago, AjcW said:

Family man, won't have to move house etc

Gets to work with a world class manager

Villa likely to be challenging top 6 again next year.

Sounds like a great move for him.

This is not a gimme. They’ll be competing on more fronts than last year and underachievement in the league could see them get clogged up with FFP and soon in trouble like we were this season. 

35 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

This makes me laugh.  He will achieve nothing greater there than he has achieved here.  In fact, the likelihood is he doesn't achieve as well as Villa won't likely win anything of note.

Continuing his downwards trajectory then.  So much talent, wasted.

He'll have to up his game there or a good manager like Emery will bench him. I envisage he'll suddenly get fit and work a bit harder ... for the first 18 months anyway. 

• Like 4

I don't see any bitter comments in here, just a sense of realism as to where his efforts have got him, should this rumour be true.

He's consistently underachieved in comparison to his talent for the past two years.

To coin a phrase, he is where he is.  lol

He won't win anything else in England while he is here.

Guest nathan.
1 hour ago, Itsthejoeker said:

Some very bitter ex stuff in here, he’s out of contract why would he stay and play in the championship when there’s a prem club calling?

Its the fact he ran down his contract waiting for one of the elite to take a chance on him.

I still love Youri and wish him the best.

Can you imagine scoring THAT goal to win the FA Cup, only to have some twat with lips as dry as a camel's arsehole tell you that you're only good enough to 'maybe survive the drop'. 

The perfect opportunity to sell him came along and we wanted to cling to the completely misguided hope that we'd qualify for Europe again this season (or the one before) which would make him want to say. I think poor communication and understanding what his hopes and ambitions are as a player left him with no choice but 'run down his contract'. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HeskeyForever said:

I think poor communication and understanding what his hopes and ambitions are as a player left him with no choice but 'run down his contract'.

...that decision had already been made when he initially signed!!!

The big signing on bonus he will now receive will dwarf any additional contracts he could have signed 2 years into his stay here.

17 minutes ago, blue army 1988 said:

Delusions on grandeur springs to mind

...he us the one, laughing all the way to the bank!!!

As I have said before,  we over indulged him, trying to keep him sweet, and nothing that he was producing justified the leeway that he was given.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he us the one, laughing all the way to the bank!!!

As I have said before,  we over indulged him, trying to keep him sweet, and nothing that he was producing justified the leeway that he was given.

I always said, as soon as he didn't want to sign a new contract with us we should have so him or at least dropped him to the bench.