Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Suphanat Mueanta

40 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Is this a little worrying or not?

Yes and no.  Embarrassing for sure, but I suspect EM has had a lot on his plate since joining us.   If I was Top, I would be furious with someone back at Seagrave.

Edited by mozartfox

25 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

All jokes aside it’s two very different languages on show and he’s clearly misunderstood. Don’t think there’s anything else to it 

34 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Not for me, I knew the kids name and didn’t recognise it because of the pronunciation. He’s been training with us for a while so of course Maresca has seen him.

8 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Not for me, I knew the kids name and didn’t recognise it because of the pronunciation. He’s been training with us for a while so of course Maresca has seen him.

He might not have trained with us (since before Maresca got here - he was here a few times in previous seasons).

We were told he was coming over to sign, but like Opoku back in January, he could have actually gone straight to Leuven. You'd still think Maresca would have been made aware, I'm surprised given we got a work permit for him that he wouldn't have wanted to see if he was good enough in a few training sessions but like Opoku that didn't happen either.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, KFS said:

All jokes aside it’s two very different languages on show and he’s clearly misunderstood. Don’t think there’s anything else to it 

Yeah but if you're some sad little dweeb on the internet always looking to put the boot in on the owners it's obviously catnip. 

Top: Really, we are trying to find a way for Suphanat, we know that he has the ability. And would like to sign with Leicester, but with many processes therefore wanting the youngsters to practice for a while before allowing the team and the coach to see.

We do not close the opportunity if the visa or the work permit has passed and would like to be able to play in Europe. We want it to happen, and are discussing the possibility.

Everyone likes Suphanat. He's really talented. but ask if it's as easy as many people look, will it be able to stand the real distance or not? We just have to wait and see. I don't want you to come and not come down Which will probably be seen in a moment.

7 minutes ago, Ryy said:

Top: Really, we are trying to find a way for Suphanat, we know that he has the ability. And would like to sign with Leicester, but with many processes therefore wanting the youngsters to practice for a while before allowing the team and the coach to see.

We do not close the opportunity if the visa or the work permit has passed and would like to be able to play in Europe. We want it to happen, and are discussing the possibility.

Everyone likes Suphanat. He's really talented. but ask if it's as easy as many people look, will it be able to stand the real distance or not? We just have to wait and see. I don't want you to come and not come down Which will probably be seen in a moment.

I appreciate Top's English is better than my Thai and things can be misconstrued via the press. But what is he talking about here?! Can someone more intelligent than myself interpret please?

6 hours ago, Langston said:

I appreciate Top's English is better than my Thai and things can be misconstrued via the press. But what is he talking about here?! Can someone more intelligent than myself interpret please?

Tricky, out of context, but i'd paraphrase it something like....

Top: we are trying to find a way for Suphanat to be involved with the club, we know that he has the ability, and we would like to sign him for Leicester.  because it's a complicated processes we need to observe young players practicing for a while before presenting them to the team and the coach.

This isn't finished, if the visa or the work permit can be sorted, we would like him to be able to play in Europe. We want it to happen, and are discussing the possibility.

Everyone likes Suphanat. He's really talented. but is it a straightforward situation, something that we can sort out? - we'll just have to wait and see. I don't want you to be mislead about the situation, but hopefully we'll find out soon.....

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I thought he had signed? 

I think that quote from Top looks like it's not recent - might be wrong. If it is, things might have been sorted, if not, maybe this is the 'watching the practice' he was talking of?

He's trying to be diplomatic because he's Thai in Thailand and it's a Thai star player. 

He's hardly going to say "we don't think he's good enough at the minute so we've binned him off to our other club for now."

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

“Suphanat is a talented player. We want him to sign a contract with Leicester, but with many processes, it’s not that simple. So I want him to join the practice, so that the new coach and the staff can see first.

“However, we do not close other opportunities if the work permit has a problem. Now, Suphanat has been sent to practice with OH Leuven, looking at which path is the most appropriate.

“We have to be patient. Of course he is everyone’s favourite (in Thailand). He’s a really talented kid, but we have to look at many aspects”

• 2 weeks later...