Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Suphanat Mueanta

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

this lad has to be exceptionally gifted to make it, as someone who lived in thailand for almost 3 years i can confirm that they rarely slide and heading is frowned upon… I’d be very surprised if he didn’t get absolutely destroyed in the championship.  He won’t be used to any form of physical battle and the game will almost be like a different sport to him. 

I’d play against some incredibly gifted players over there, but if you use any form of strength it was so easy to get the ball. 

He might be good enough that it really doesn’t matter, but just from my observations i know it might take a very long time to adapt, if he ever can. 

I hear what your saying about football being less physical in your experience but He's not walking into the championship directly from the Bangkok goals 5 a side league or whatever level you played out there, he's represented his country over 50 times at various levels including full internationals games and has played sides from the United States, japan and Australia I'm sure there is plenty of physical battles at international level! 

3 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

I hear what your saying about football being less physical in your experience but He's not walking into the championship directly from the Bangkok goals 5 a side league or whatever level you played out there, he's represented his country over 50 times at various levels including full internationals games and has played sides from the United States, japan and Australia I'm sure there is plenty of physical battles at international level! 

I don’t doubt that but it’s more about the way he would have been trained and developed. It’s just a different philosophy of the game. 

Of course i’ll wait to see him in action before making a judgement but can just see it being a drastic switch to what he may be used to. 

Afterall, there’s a reason so few players have made it from that region and it’s not about talent or lack of interest at all. It’s all about the footballing education they receive, he’s still young enough to learn but we will likely have to be very patient. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Dont particularly like us signing Thai players just to please Top. Gives me Nigel Pearson signing his son James vibes even though he clearly wasnt good enough. Everything should be done for the good of the club, not jobs for the boys or throwing shit at a wall and hoping it sticks

...I understand your point with this, a bit like nepotism!!!

If you take a look at the quality in our academy he would very much stand out as a potential first teamer.

As a Thailand national and club owner Khun Top would dearly love to have a Thai player in the first team and this kid is a prospect, so not much different from taking on prospects for development. 

As a player he looks good, the pace of the league and physicality could be his problem. He has good awareness and progresses the ball well, his strengths is supplying chances and he needs to work on that aspect of his game.

21 hours ago, when_you're_smiling said:

I’ve got Nelly Furtado’s Maneater in my head now.

At least it’s better than hearing Just sold my car at we buy any car and replacing the words with Enzo Maresca every time you hear it on the radio thanks to the poster making us all go Maaaad !!😂

Edited by justfoxes
  • Haha 1

The best players can adapt.

Celtic have utilised a number of players from the Far East and they have settled well at that level.

Vardy took a year or so to become acclimatised to the Championship when he first joined, and arguably another season again to adjust to the Prem after promotion.

20 years old might sound late but Mueanta has clearly excelled at the level he's played at. Let's give him a chance to settle and develop, then let's see what he can do.

It won't be an expensive outlay for the club and he'll have Top pulling out all the stops to help him. Who knows, we could have the first South East Asian footballing superstar on our books.

On 22/06/2023 at 09:36, ALC Fox said:

The best players can adapt.

Celtic have utilised a number of players from the Far East and they have settled well at that level.

Vardy took a year or so to become acclimatised to the Championship when he first joined, and arguably another season again to adjust to the Prem after promotion.

20 years old might sound late but Mueanta has clearly excelled at the level he's played at. Let's give him a chance to settle and develop, then let's see what he can do.

It won't be an expensive outlay for the club and he'll have Top pulling out all the stops to help him. Who knows, we could have the first South East Asian footballing superstar on our books.

The main differance with Celtic though is that they brought in players from Asia to work under a manager who had previously been succesful working with Asian players. 

Personally, I think the lad looks decent. Appears to have a much better end product/decision making than most his age. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scotch said:

main differance with Celtic though is that they brought in players from Asia to work under a manager who had previously been succesful working with Asian players. 

That's not the main difference with Celtic. 

Celtic bought some quality Japanese internationals who were excellent in the J League. Kyogo had a goal every other game playing in a team with Andres Iniesta. Maeda joined off the back of being the J League top scorer for one of its biggest clubs. 

Internationally and domestically, Thailand are to Japan what Belarus are to England. It's not the same. 

• Like 4

Just now, Finnegan said:

Celtic bought some quality Japanese internationals who were excellent in the J League. Kyogo had a goal every other game playing in a team with Andres Iniesta. Maeda joined off the back of being the J League top scorer for one of its biggest clubs. 

Internationally and domestically, Thailand are to Japan what Belarus are to England. It's not the same. 

Interestingly it looks like Suphanat brother has just gone to play in Japan, they played on opposite wings for Buriram. 

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Fair comment. 

16 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Fair comment. 

And to be fair, any country could produce a great footballer. We'd all take a peak Alexander Hleb right now. I hope this kid is amazing and we've unearthed our next Riyad. 

I just think he's far more likely to be the next Sowah. 

56 minutes ago, ned.1884 said:

Buriram Utd have officially announced that Mueanta is going to be signing for us.

A6BC9BEE-2D99-4D26-923A-21DFC3B74816.jpeg

He’s not the one with glasses I hope? 

( no offense glasses wearers!)

On 22/06/2023 at 04:56, Lambert09 said:

I don’t doubt that but it’s more about the way he would have been trained and developed. It’s just a different philosophy of the game. 

Of course i’ll wait to see him in action before making a judgement but can just see it being a drastic switch to what he may be used to. 

Afterall, there’s a reason so few players have made it from that region and it’s not about talent or lack of interest at all. It’s all about the footballing education they receive, he’s still young enough to learn but we will likely have to be very patient. 

Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia will eventually produce better players as their domestic leagues become more established.  Go back 20 years and Japan and South Korea had weak national teams and weak leagues. Not any more!!! Hopefully this chappie benefits, as you correctly point out, from better coaching -but it may take a couple of years!!

• Like 1