Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

Saudi Arabian club Football

9 hours ago, Lionator said:

If Hapoel Jerusalem rocked up to play an AFC champions league group stage game in Tehran, there’s a good chance they’d all be murdered. 

Wrong example using THAT club. They’d happily do a lot of murdering of Arabs themselves. 

Back to topic though. I think Saudi Arabian clubs will grow to a level that UCL participation becomes the next phase. Alternatively, with the UAE will build a super league and UCL equivalent. When the Sheikhs decide on something, they usually get it. 

38 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Wrong example using THAT club. They’d happily do a lot of murdering of Arabs themselves. 

Back to topic though. I think Saudi Arabian clubs will grow to a level that UCL participation becomes the next phase. Alternatively, with the UAE will build a super league and UCL equivalent. When the Sheikhs decide on something, they usually get it. 

Personally think the Saudi’s in cahoots a bit with FIFA and the pair of them want to give relevance to this new expanded World Club Cup with more competitive opposition for Europe and they will happily host it for the next few years. 

The obscene thing is where does it end? Al Alhi win the CL. Everyone claps well done. What’s the legacy? 

48 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Isn't it the other one? Beitar Jerusalem

• Like 3

12 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

How long until a Saudi team(s) are allowed into the champions league? 

They don’t care about our poxy champions league which is worth a few billion. They’ll create their own fantasy tournament with the mls, Qatari league etc and clean up. 
The Saudi league is good for everyone at the minute, Europe can convert some legacy assets like Kante and Henderson into clean money and the Saudis gain prestige whilst also doing some washing up themselves. The problem will come when the Saudis control fifa and eventually make uefa redundant. Short sighted you may say but by that time the American owners will have ridden off with a large RoI

56 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Personally think the Saudi’s in cahoots a bit with FIFA and the pair of them want to give relevance to this new expanded World Club Cup with more competitive opposition for Europe and they will happily host it for the next few years. 

The obscene thing is where does it end? Al Alhi win the CL. Everyone claps well done. What’s the legacy? 

Exactly. Eventually the Saudis will own fifa and run the world game. And Europe deserves it for trying to be clever with their hastily planned super league. Another example of American ego gone wrong 

I always thought it would be America that would push the world clup cup and try and squash the champions league, but it is more likely the Saudi's will try it but I'm sure they'll be heavily reliant on American co-operation, both countries want to control world football and involve their own leagues.

10 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

This should make the whole world sit up

they are about to buy their way into the champions league ! 

if you own all the jewels you are Royalty !  

this s*it just got very very interesting 

IMG_5847.jpeg

They will, so will the USA and evenyually it will be a worlds champions league.

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

Being flippant, as it stands no party can buy Real Madrid. 

Oh I know. I’m thinking something a bit more creative. They’ve been trying to flog Bernebau naming rights for years! 

“Saudia Airways Arena” lol 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

Is it interesting? it’s note worthy but I genuinely find this whole carry on mind numbing boring rather than interesting. 

I’d rather go and watch countless non leagues teams across Europe with their culture of the sport deep rooted in community than watch this. 

It’s actually not Europe I feel sorry for. It’s South America and Africa with its deep history of football left further behind again without a pot to piss in. 

Boring and embarrassing. Football is just gone. Unless you go to non-league as you say. How can this level of money even be a thing. It’s sickening. But all the armchair ‘fans’ who support players rather than clubs will lap it up…

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Breakaway 'world super league' incoming.

UEFA/FIFA will shit themselves and accommodate it.

Basically, just look at the last 18 months in the world of golf.

As I predicted years ago, but that time i thought it would be led by the Americans, but they will be heavily involved when it happens.

1 hour ago, LinekersLugs said:

This should make the whole world sit up

they are about to buy their way into the champions league ! 

if you own all the jewels you are Royalty !  

this s*it just got very very interesting 

IMG_5847.jpeg

Hahahah got 'very very interesting' - not sure about that. They signed Ronaldo last year, since then their clubs have been linked with anyone under the sun almost daily, as they have today with Mbappe.

4 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Is it interesting? it’s note worthy but I genuinely find this whole carry on mind numbing boring rather than interesting. 

I’d rather go and watch countless non leagues teams across Europe with their culture of the sport deep rooted in community than watch this. 

It’s actually not Europe I feel sorry for. It’s South America and Africa with its deep history of football left further behind again without a pot to piss in. 

Yeah, just cannot get worked up about it. As long as Leicester and non league clubs I watch continue to operate then that is fine by me.

This is just the top of the game eating itself and several rich clubs getting noses put out of joint, albeit in a turbo charged scale.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Not surprised PSG have accepted their bid. Surely Mbappe doesnt accept their proposal though? 

There’s not a world of difference between playing for PSG and Al-Hilal really, I wouldn’t be all that surprised to see him follow the money.

• Like 1