Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

Saudi Arabian club Football

I would love to see how negotations work when 2 teams with the exact same owners are trying to sign 1 player

Do they send an email from their Al Ahli account and then 5 minutes letter send another email from their Al Hilal account?

or do they speak in different voices on the phone?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

So presume ffp isnt a thing in this league, because no way are the revenues of these clubs anywhere near these fees. But I suppose state owned clubs won’t go out of business will they. 

ffp is a uefa directive. sooner or later they will buy their way into uefa and then the spending should, in theory, slow down. but looking at chelsea i won’t hold my breath

A football fan like myself should celebrate the growth of football in a different country, but I cannot celebrate how the game is being grown/used in this particular country..

It feels quite uncomfortable, tbh.

Am sure they'll thinking about rugby etc at some point.

Edited by Wymsey

2 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

A football fan like myself should celebrate the growth of football in a different country, but I cannot celebrate how the game is being grown/used in this particular country..

It feels quite uncomfortable, tbh.

Am sure they'll thinking about rugby etc at some point.

Football is on a completely different level to Rugby, lots of players will end up going there the EPL will be worried but for the fans on the English clubs it will be better.

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

Football is on a completely different level to Rugby, lots of players will end up going there the EPL will be worried but for the fans on the English clubs it will be better.

It wont be when they end up with more power and eventually help control world football just like they've already done with the golf.

• 2 weeks later...

So, just interested in this. We're on round three of the Saudi season. Has anyone actually watched any games? Sought out matches to watch, or have you just seen the snippets on social media and immediately scrolled past?

I've no doubt it'll gain even more prominence in the upcoming years. More big names will arrive in 2024, they'll start plundering academies and getting younger players in for the future. There will be an enormous amount of noise when the Club World Cup comes around, it'll be their first big test against European clubs. Question is, in 2023 when people already like to watch the leagues they like, will anyone find room for the Saudi Pro League in their schedule.

Most interesting will be this theory of them buying their way into the Champions League and whether UEFA will shaft Israeli clubs or not by including them.

Also noticed on places like Livescore it's been bumped right up their fixture/score list to third or fourth now, too. There's plenty of appetite. It's not even a case of wishing it to fail, it'll only fail if the regime get bored and want to spend the money elsewhere.

3 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

So, just interested in this. We're on round three of the Saudi season. Has anyone actually watched any games? Sought out matches to watch, or have you just seen the snippets on social media and immediately scrolled past?

I've no doubt it'll gain even more prominence in the upcoming years. More big names will arrive in 2024, they'll start plundering academies and getting younger players in for the future. There will be an enormous amount of noise when the Club World Cup comes around, it'll be their first big test against European clubs. Question is, in 2023 when people already like to watch the leagues they like, will anyone find room for the Saudi Pro League in their schedule.

Most interesting will be this theory of them buying their way into the Champions League and whether UEFA will shaft Israeli clubs or not by including them.

Also noticed on places like Livescore it's been bumped right up their fixture/score list to third or fourth now, too. There's plenty of appetite. It's not even a case of wishing it to fail, it'll only fail if the regime get bored and want to spend the money elsewhere.

I haven't watched a second of it and had no idea it had actually kicked off such is my interest. Wouldn't know where to go even if I fancied it!

3 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

If I wanted to watch it I could but I can't imagine how bored I would have to be to decide to put this on, and I've even watched Inter Miami highlights quite a bit recently. I have a friendship group that watches a lot of football and I can't say anyone has expressed any interest in this league other than suspicion at transfer dealings. There is already so much football on, I can't imagine the market for this in europe is very big.

19 hours ago, casablancas said:

Salah next 

And they should sell him, £100m for the stroppy arse who now thinks he’s bigger than the club.

Body language says he wants out let him go he’s looking for that payday not to progress his career and be classed as a great, fec’s me off and I’m not even scouse 😂 

Edited by BKLFox

• 2 weeks later...

Getting sick of the media's unquestioning fascination with the Saudi League's offer for Mo Salah.  Bad enough that the Sky mantra seems to be that an increase to 200 million would be almost too much for Liverpool to turn down -would an extra 50 million really make that much of a difference- and Salah's proposed salary would make it an almost forgone conclusion that the player himself would want to sign.  Perhaps he would, no idea.  Now the BBC 's Alex Scott and Dion Dublin have said virtually the same thing.  Yet to hear anyone discuss the moral dimension of such a move.  

Is it that so many players have taken the petrol dollar, it has now been normalised to want to play football in a country as revolting as Saudi Arabia?  The media clearly seem to think so.  Sad world we live in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Torquay Gunner said:

Getting sick of the media's unquestioning fascination with the Saudi League's offer for Mo Salah.  Bad enough that the Sky mantra seems to be that an increase to 200 million would be almost too much for Liverpool to turn down -would an extra 50 million really make that much of a difference- and Salah's proposed salary would make it an almost forgone conclusion that the player himself would want to sign.  Perhaps he would, no idea.  Now the BBC 's Alex Scott and Dion Dublin have said virtually the same thing.  Yet to hear anyone discuss the moral dimension of such a move.  

Is it that so many players have taken the petrol dollar, it has now been normalised to want to play football in a country as revolting as Saudi Arabia?  The media clearly seem to think so.  Sad world we live in.

I try to look at it this way: what’s bad for Liverpool FC, and especially Klopp and their fans, is good for me.  (Realizing that may not work for you)

The fact that the Saudis are returning gobs of oil money to Europe would also be a beneficial side effect -- if it weren’t all going to billionaire club owners and millionaire footballers.

5 hours ago, KingsX said:

I try to look at it this way: what’s bad for Liverpool FC, and especially Klopp and their fans, is good for me.  (Realizing that may not work for you)

The fact that the Saudis are returning gobs of oil money to Europe would also be a beneficial side effect -- if it weren’t all going to billionaire club owners and millionaire footballers.

I would personally be sorry to see Salah leave the premiership, as I have enjoyed watching him down the years and that's despite the goals he's scored against us.  I would however lose some respect for him if decides to play in Saudi Arabia, as I have for other players/managers who have gone there.

It was good to hear of your ex boss Ranieri come out and say despite being interested in managing a national team, he would not have taken the Saudi Arabia job as motivation means more to him than money.  Fair play to him.