Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

Saudi Arabian club Football

48 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Not surprised PSG have accepted their bid. Surely Mbappe doesnt accept their proposal though? 

45 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I’d be stunned if Mbappe chose to go. 

For a reported €700m salary, and being told he can join Real Madrid after a year, he'd be stupid not to.

It's 1 year of your career. You can lose more than that to a bad injury.

2 million A DAY?? 

Of course you go.

Even if you're the strongest willed, moral being in the universe, you don't turn that down.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

For a reported €700m salary, and being told he can join Real Madrid after a year, he'd be stupid not to.

2 million A DAY?? 

Of course you go.

Even if you're the strongest willed, moral being in the universe, you don't turn that down.

I couldnt see how someone that rich would go for money unless they had charitable plans for all that money.

• Like 1

No way are Al hilal paying psg all that money for mbappe for one year 

most of the money will be paid back from Qatar sports (psg owner) to the pif, no one will be any the wiser and psg will have £150m  laundered cash in their ffp positive column.  

the player gets €700m tax free and then a free transfer next summer to real who will no doubt pay him a huge wedge s/o fee too.  PSG get to relieve any immediate ffp concerns that they might have. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tom27111 said:

2 million A DAY?? 

Of course you go.

Finally some realism. Obviously you go. ‘How much money is enough for mbappe omg’ is a stupid argument too. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Izzy said:

The amount of money the Saudi PIF have to piss away on sport is just obscene.

Absolutely gross display of wealth and greed. Makes me wanna puke.

And this is just Sport. Can you imagine how much they have to pi55 away on other things such as major city infrastructure projects, financing twitter etc. The world is a toy. And to think, all we have to do is reduce our dependency on oil......

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

No way are Al hilal paying psg all that money for mbappe for one year 

most of the money will be paid back from Qatar sports (psg owner) to the pif, no one will be any the wiser and psg will have £150m  laundered cash in their ffp positive column.  

the player gets €700m tax free and then a free transfer next summer to real who will no doubt pay him a huge wedge s/o fee too.  PSG get to relieve any immediate ffp concerns that they might have. 

Football is the new money washer 

4 hours ago, Izzy said:

It only was a matter of time, wasn't it?

And this might just be the beginning..

2 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

And this is just Sport. Can you imagine how much they have to pi55 away on other things such as major city infrastructure projects, financing twitter etc. The world is a toy. And to think, all we have to do is reduce our dependency on oil......

They could do things so special with the money. I watched a city planner reviewing Dubai a while back, mentioning how they could've created an entirely new basis of how a city functions, in the way Paris and New York did in the past.. But instead chose to emulate all other big cities with roads,  sky scrapers and Aircon. 

2 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Piss money away. Neglect poverty in your community. Sounds about right.

I read somewhere that 12-25% of Saudi nationals (not the large influx of foreign workers) are well below the poverty line. Some living on less than $600 a month. I was flabbergasted not to mention embarrassed by my own ignorance. It’s very easy (well it was for me) to think Saudi = rich sheikh.

Back to the point 25% of your fellow countrymen and women sitting in poverty and your PUBLIC investment fund is spending £700m on Mbappe and £13m on Dan ****ing Burn. It’s incredible and sad. It makes Boris look as a very little dick in a very big dick world. 

There is also a very good chance those figures are significantly understated as the Saudis don’t like to release figures. 

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Finally some realism. Obviously you go. ‘How much money is enough for mbappe omg’ is a stupid argument too. 

If it's "realistic" to assume that everyone is a money-grubbing son of a bitch then that's a pretty sad and shit world and more importantly, an unsustainable one, too. You know that as well as I do, we've talked on it before.

Material gain is important, but there's more important things in life.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, leicsmac said:

If it's "realistic" to assume that everyone is a money-grubbing son of a bitch then that's a pretty sad and shit world and more importantly, an unsustainable one, too. You know that as well as I do, we've talked on it before.

Material gain is important, but there's more important things in life.

Of course there’s more important things in life. That’s why I never said that, or never said that everyone is a money grubber. Personally, getting to 500 Wetherspoons, 100 football grounds and 100 countries is most important to me.

He's the best in his trade at the world, and has honestly earned the chance to make hundreds of millions doing it. We can get all daily mail and say ‘ahhh Saudi evil’ but 99% of posters on here would go if they had the chance.
Look at the holiday threads, people willingly throwing a grand on a week away in France, santorini, Cornwall or Norfolk have far more money than sense and are clearly richer than they ever deserve to be, context etc

5 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Of course there’s more important things in life. That’s why I never said that, or never said that everyone is a money grubber. Personally, getting to 500 Wetherspoons, 100 football grounds and 100 countries is most important to me.

He's the best in his trade at the world, and has honestly earned the chance to make hundreds of millions doing it. We can get all daily mail and say ‘ahhh Saudi evil’ but 99% of posters on here would go if they had the chance.
Look at the holiday threads, people willingly throwing a grand on a week away in France, santorini, Cornwall or Norfolk have far more money than sense and are clearly richer than they ever deserve to be, context etc

Apologies, but for me the inference regarding human nature being linked to greed and material gain was obvious in what you said, backed up by the suggestion that the vast majority of people would choose a material gain option over a more ethical one. I know that's not what you said, but the implication was pretty clear and I spend too much time dealing with people who deliberately talk around what they really mean (because saying what they really mean would cause a fuss) and then use that line when called out. I apologise again for referencing that directly as I didn't want to single you out like this and you're a good egg, but it just annoys me.

Perhaps one day we will - have to, possibly - shift to a society where such obscene amounts of materialism isn't some kind of perverse aspirational goal, especially when it's funded through death and suffering.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Slightly random inclusion there.  He has done pretty well.  Certainly a better deal than 15M for Vestergard.

Whether he has done well or not wasn’t really the point of my post. Nevertheless, Burn mentioned alongside Mbappe is complimentary, no ? 

14 hours ago, Izzy said:

I heard a programme about this on 5LIVE recently.

the Saudis literally have SO much money they don't know what to do with it!

(ALL from legal sources obviously)

8 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

read somewhere that 12-25% of Saudi nationals (not the large influx of foreign workers) are well below the poverty line. Some living on less than $600 a month. I was flabbergasted not to mention embarrassed by my own ignorance. It’s very easy (well it was for me) to think Saudi = rich sheikh.

It baffles me that this would surprise people. 

It's modern day feudalism, they're an actual absolute monarchy. 

The UK was more democratic in the 17th century than Saudi is now. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Raj said:

I heard a programme about this on 5LIVE recently.

the Saudis literally have SO much money they don't know what to do with it!

(ALL from legal sources obviously)

I’m a big golf fan and the budget each year for the US PGA tour is about $2billion

Apparently the Saudi’s have $200billion to invest in (buy) golf alone.

It’s just an obscene amount of money that could be put to so much better use. I don’t usually get het up about things like this but it really makes me sick.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

I’m a big golf fan and the budget each year for the US PGA tour is about $2billion

Apparently the Saudi’s have $200billion to invest in (buy) golf alone.

It’s just an obscene amount of money that could be put to so much better use. I don’t usually get het up about things like this but it really makes me sick.

Your 100% right.

They can make such a difference to the poor of the world instead they play "whos got the biggest c0ck " with billions of pounds.

I'd wish it all to go wrong for them but the billions they waste will make no difference to them.

• Like 1

My Twitter timeline is now regularly infested with posts from the PIF account (English version with over 150k followers)

They're often spouting about how they’re investing in green energy, camel farming and all sorts on new infrastructure. You can even apply for some graduate schemes funded by them.

They paint such a positive picture about all the good they’re doing and people are falling for it more and more. 

Phil Mickelson was right when he called them “scary mother fvckers” (and then denied it after they paid him $200m)

Edited by Izzy
  • Like 1