Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

Saudi Arabian club Football

25 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Didn't he support the LGBQ community in recent times?..

An awkward move for him, if so.

One of the leading ambassadors too.

I guess mainly as he was captain of Liverpool so had to be a figure head.

Edited by Super_horns
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Torquay Gunner said:

The hypocrisy of Jordan Henderson is astounding.   He should move into politics when he's hung up his non rainbow laces. 

He doesn’t come close to the hypocrisy of Jay Moynihan the PGA golf commissioner.

When LIV golf (PIF) came on the scene he joined up with the 9/11 families support group to express his disgust and outrage.

Then 12 months later he jumps into bed and merges with them because they stumped up €200bn 

Him and Henderson are just the thin end of the wedge. Many more examples to come I imagine 

• Like 2

Really dont get the outrage for Jordan Henderson moving to Saudi when theres been diddly squat towards any of the other big named players that have gone. Ruben Neves was a big supporter of a pitch invader with a LGBTQ flag last year but now hes signed for Saudi theres been no scrutiny whatsoever.

People can say he was a LGBTQ ambassador but i imagine thats more because he was the captain of one of the biggest clubs in England while the Premier League have a Rainbow lace campaign so can hardly show anything other then ‘support’ for members of the local community. I very much doubt he’d of done it off his own back.

Like fck would he turn down £700k a week because he said a few media trained words and wore a multi coloured armband for a few years. England is far from the moral compass of the world. Everyone is a hypocrite, David Beckhams good friends with Elton John but was an ambassador for Qatar where homosexuality is also illegal. Money talks

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, South Shire Fox said:

Really dont get the outrage for Jordan Henderson moving to Saudi when theres been diddly squat towards any of the other big named players that have gone. Ruben Neves was a big supporter of a pitch invader with a LGBTQ flag last year but now hes signed for Saudi theres been no scrutiny whatsoever.

People can say he was a LGBTQ ambassador but i imagine thats more because he was the captain of one of the biggest clubs in England while the Premier League have a Rainbow lace campaign so can hardly show anything other then ‘support’ for members of the local community. I very much doubt he’d of done it off his own back.

Like fck would he turn down £700k a week because he said a few media trained words and wore a multi coloured armband for a few years. England is far from the moral compass of the world. Everyone is a hypocrite, David Beckhams good friends with Elton John but was an ambassador for Qatar where homosexuality is also illegal. Money talks

I get what you're saying but Henderson is the Captain of one of the biggest clubs in the country we live in, is the vice captain of your national team and both he and his former club have been applauded publicly in the press over the years for their values. 

It's obviously a bigger story than Ruben Neves, whether that's "fair" to Henderson or not. 

Where do we think this all ends up? 

It surely has more legs than when Russia or Japan went for it. 

It feels a bit like they want to spurge a load of money as a league. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I get what you're saying but Henderson is the Captain of one of the biggest clubs in the country we live in, is the vice captain of your national team and both he and his former club have been applauded publicly in the press over the years for their values. 

It's obviously a bigger story than Ruben Neves, whether that's "fair" to Henderson or not. 

Where was the outrage for Gerrard then? He was captain of both

16 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Gerrard wasnt playing during the rainbow lace campaign in the Premier league. I imagine if he was he’d of done the exact same media trained actions and answers as Henderson. People talking as if Henderson goes to Pride marches, hes literally displaying the message of the club he represents. Isnt Vardy exactly the same? Like fook does he really care about LGBTQ

15 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Gerrard wasnt playing during the rainbow lace campaign in the Premier league. I imagine if he was he’d of done the exact same media trained actions and answers as Henderson. People talking as if Henderson goes to Pride marches, hes literally displaying the message of the club he represents. Isnt Vardy exactly the same? Like fook does he really care about LGBTQ

But Gerrard didn't do those actions. 

Vardy may be have been subject to the same criticism but he's not moving to Saudi Arabia. 

Henderson has publicly spoke out for LGBTQ+ rights and moved to Saudi Arabia. Very easy to see why he's criticised. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Henderson didn't just disply the message from the club he actually used his public profile to endorse LGBTQ rights and was nominated for awards because of his stance.

He's just another hypocrite.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

But Gerrard didn't do those actions. 

Vardy may be have been subject to the same criticism but he's not moving to Saudi Arabia. 

Henderson has publicly spoke out for LGBTQ+ rights and moved to Saudi Arabia. Very easy to see why he's criticised. 

Gerrard showing his support in that video. I imagine you could go through every Premier League club and the message would all be the same. Its classic media trained answers passing on messages the club wants to display to put them in a positive light

6 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Henderson didn't just disply the message from the club he actually used his public profile to endorse LGBTQ rights and was nominated for awards because of his stance.

He's just another hypocrite.

They are all hypocrites. Money is all they’re interested in. Just have to look at F1 and listen to Sebastien Vettel and Lewis Hamiltons drivel about how they care so much about the planet while they jetted around the world week after week driving a race car. Its all a complete load of shit to make themselves look good

3 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Gerrard showing his support in that video. I imagine you could go through every Premier League club and the message would all be the same. Its classic media trained answers passing on messages the club wants to display to put them in a positive light

But thats not what Henderson did.  As stated before he used his profile away from the club to give support to various LGBTQ+ organisations.

18 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

I'll happily correct myself on Gerrard, not that it's a bad thing. 

I'd personally say Henderson has done actions beyong the media trained stuff you are suggesting. He's met with LGBTQ+ fan groups, done things like below in his name rather than Liverpool's or quotes such as 

"I do believe when you see something that is clearly wrong and makes another human being feel excluded you should stand shoulder-to-shoulder with them. 

"You also have a responsibility to educate yourself better around the challenges they experience."

Yeah Neves and Gerrard deserve stick too but when a bloke says to the face of Liverpool's LGBTQ+ fan group, 'if there's anything I can do, just ask' you can see why the noise is louder for him. Interestingly enough the same group in their statement publicly condemn Steve Gerrard

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Sly said:

Where do we think this all ends up? 

It surely has more legs than when Russia or Japan went for it. 

It feels a bit like they want to spurge a load of money as a league. 

I think their top 4 will get a chance to qualify for the Champions league in 3 or 4 years time.

God knows what leads to that… but I don’t think it’s a ridiculous shout in the slightest. 

Maybe the UCL and AFC Champions League will do a merger of sorts? 

4 hours ago, lildave3 said:

People act like they wouldn’t spend a year forgetting their principles for 700k a week

That maybe true for some but not all, especially if you were already a multi millionaire on huge wages as these players are.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, AjcW said:

I think their top 4 will get a chance to qualify for the Champions league in 3 or 4 years time.

God knows what leads to that… but I don’t think it’s a ridiculous shout in the slightest. 

Maybe the UCL and AFC Champions League will do a merger of sorts? 

It then depends on the Saudi League getting in line with FFP.