Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

Saudi Arabian club Football

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:
On 20/06/2023 at 12:52, Finnegan said:

Nobody's going to care about generic Saudi football club they've never heard of #1 and because nobody is going to care, they aren't going to attract the best sponsorships, they aren't going to attract the best players.

Expand  

I don't really think Mbappe essentially taking a £600m sabbatical challenges what I said to be honest, if anything it proves my point. 

They're reportedly willing to spend close to a billion euros just to loan a player for a season and then he's going to wander off and join the club he actually wants to play for for free. 

He's going to accept considerably less money to play for Real Madrid because that's the reality of Saudi's place in the football world. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I don't really think Mbappe essentially taking a £600m sabbatical challenges what I said to be honest, if anything it proves my point. 

They're reportedly willing to spend close to a billion euros just to loan a player for a season and then he's going to wander off and join the club he actually wants to play for for free. 

He's going to accept considerably less money to play for Real Madrid because that's the reality of Saudi's place in the football world. 

lol 

You said the Saudi League wouldn't attract the best players, and a couple of weeks later there's a chance one of the world best players is going there in his prime. 

How can you claim that "proves your point"? Just admit you were wrong again lol 

44 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

lol 

You said the Saudi League wouldn't attract the best players, and a couple of weeks later there's a chance one of the world best players is going there in his prime. 

Tbf outside of Neves, it's the first player you say isn't on his 'last' contract. 

Even so Neves and Mbappe would both be short-term deals with an eye to answer a FFP problem either for the selling club or the future buying club 

The thing I am slightly surprised about is that the Saudi's haven't 'sensibly' cherry picked Africa and South America's best young talent. The MLS has done particularly well off the latter 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

lol 

:dunno:

I'm wrong about things all the time, everyone is. Most people not as much as you granted but I've never tried to pass myself off as some kind of infallible genius and I own the things I'm wrong about. 

But you'd have to be being pretty obviously deliberately thick to win an argument (shocker there pal huh?) to really claim to believe this was Mbappe truly choosing to go to Saudi Arabia in his prime. 

He's being forced out of one of the wealthiest clubs on the planet because they don't want to lose him for free to Real Madrid which is exactly what's going to happen. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Tbf outside of Neves, it's the first player you say isn't on his 'last' contract. 

Even so Neves and Mbappe would both be short-term deals with an eye to answer a FFP problem either for the selling club or the future buying club 

The thing I am slightly surprised about is that the Saudi's haven't 'sensibly' cherry picked Africa and South America's best young talent. The MLS has done particularly well off the latter 

I haven't said anything on the contrary. All I said originally was that the PL had lost its USP of being able to pay the highest wages globally, and it would be interesting to see how it responds. Finnegan took exception to this for some reason and said they'd never sign the best players because no one cares, and two weeks later they're possibly signing Mbappe. Not much more to say really, I thought it would take a few years for them to be signing even the kind of profile before the Mbappe link. 

I’ve just read that Jordan Henderson will be on over £600k a week - is that correct?

£30 million pounds a year salary. For Jordan Henderson?

WTF is going on?

56 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

He could just put it all to bed by stating he'd never accept money from corrupt murderers.

Until that happens, it's still on.

Isnt his current team essentially owned by Qatar?

Edited by filbertway

18 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

A few high profile players have gone now, but why do I keep reading that it's controversial that Jordan Henderson has gone? Why was nobody else's transfers over there controversial? Going on what I've read, every headline is' Henderson nearing controversial move'. Don't get it. 

Because he was giving it the biggun about the rainbow laces campaign when it meant he got some good press.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Mbappe won't even talk to them lol lol

Apparently there is a clause in his current contract that if he is still at PSG on the 1st August he gets 60m loyalty bonus. 

So may be next week his stance might change.... 

Its an interesting situation as if he has signed for Madrid which PSG think he has. Then i am not sure what is in Madrid's best interest. Stay at PSG for a season and sit in the reserves (not sure PSG would do that to be fair!) or let him go to Saudi and play. 

Or Madrid offer to take him on loan with a massive loan fee. 

2 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Apparently there is a clause in his current contract that if he is still at PSG on the 1st August he gets 60m loyalty bonus. 

So may be next week his stance might change.... 

Its an interesting situation as if he has signed for Madrid which PSG think he has. Then i am not sure what is in Madrid's best interest. Stay at PSG for a season and sit in the reserves (not sure PSG would do that to be fair!) or let him go to Saudi and play. 

Or Madrid offer to take him on loan with a massive loan fee. 

It shouldn't bother Real Madrid if he signs a contract with another club as long as it expires before his with them starts. 

I'm sure they'd rather he play than not. 

Let's be honest though, if he's still at PSG when the window closes then they'll probably register and play him. 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

It shouldn't bother Real Madrid if he signs a contract with another club as long as it expires before his with them starts. 

I'm sure they'd rather he play than not. 

Let's be honest though, if he's still at PSG when the window closes then they'll probably register and play him. 

100%  you don't have a player like him just sitting doing nothing for a year. Not sure how the fans will take to him though. 

4 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Not sure how the fans will take to him though. 

I mean, French football fans are unpredictable and nuts so no idea. 

But I don't think he's done a great deal wrong to be honest. They should be angrier with the owners.