Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

23/24 Injuries Thread

2 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I agree with you re Winks and Hermansen.

And I also agree on the bed wetters :D

The main point for me is over reliance on Ricardo and Justin. These two will get injured at some point. They are made of Chip sticks.

Indeed. We should probably avoid playing either of them until Doyle is back - it's just too risky...

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Reports suggest that the club does not know exactly what the injury is, so all this talk of an ACL may be a little premature...

The scan probably needs expert interpretation from a consultant 

clearly there is a problem that isn’t going to heal quickly but whether it’s something that needs major surgery or not will need further assessment.  hence the phrase - long time.  
enzo cares about is availability over the next month so he can plan workload.  Once a player is out for more than that he will lose interest because it becomes someone else’s responsibility.  

9 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Reports suggest that the club does not know exactly what the injury is, so all this talk of an ACL may be a little premature...

To be honest I don't believe this for a second. It was the same story with Coady before the season. The only issue I can think of is if swelling is making imaging the damage difficult but I bet they have a very good idea of exactly what the issue is

7 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Hamza has been playing in the Doyle role has he not? It's hard to keep up with all these modern defensive roles. 

Hamza has played the Riciardo role. Maresca said JJ didn't have the ability to play there, so JJ's been the Doyle replacement. 

47 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Loads of cover :unsure: @jayfox26 @JimJams 

Straight from the horses (Enzo) mouth

Piss poor planning

I'm pretty sure Enzo will have had a say in who stays and who goes. They won't have just moved players on without asking his opinion first. If he was happy to lose Thomas and Kristiansen then he can't complain about a lack of options. Very easy to just blame the people at the top for as you say "piss poor planning" but if Enzo had a say in who he wanted/didn't want then that's on him. 

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

I'm pretty sure Enzo will have had a say in who stays and who goes. They won't have just moved players on without asking his opinion first. If he was happy to lose Thomas and Kristiansen then he can't complain about a lack of options. Very easy to just blame the people at the top for as you say "piss poor planning" but if Enzo had a say in who he wanted/didn't want then that's on him. 

I've seen an interview where Kristiansen said (and I'm paraphrasing) that he wasn't happy to play for a club that didn't plan to use traditional full backs and asked for a move. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cameron Davidson said:

So if that is ACL, is that his loan over effectively? Can’t see him being back this season. 

1 hour ago, KFS said:

That’s what is being hinted at, yeah.

****sake.

Where has that been hinted? 

Long time could be a few months. 

How are people jumping the gun to him being out for the season lol

It was only a matter of time I guess.

JJ can play there, but as you saw on Saturday he plays that role totally differently. He likes to get forward on the overlap, which with Ricardo also moving into midfield in possession, could leave us even more susceptible on the counter.

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Probably can't recall him. And even so, if we could, earliest would be Jan 1st.

Social media appears to be full of people who believe we can just immediately recall either Kristiansen or Thomas - and these are presumably people who have jobs and families, drive cars and vote in elections, etc...

• Haha 4

Surely we can't have zero recall rights on ANY of our loaned out players. That would be madness. You'd hope that we'd have 'earliest recall would be January'' type clauses so that we could react to circumstances but not ridiculously early in the season

Edited by FosseSpark

1 minute ago, FosseSpark said:

Surely we can't have zero recall rights on ANY of our loaned out players. That would be madness. You'd hope that we'd have 'earliest recall would be January'' type clauses so that we could react to circumstances but not after ridiculously early. 

Let alone madness, it’s the rules 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Really hope he gets a chance. I suspect Justin will play, but he'll need to be handled carefully. I don't think Coady, Jannick or Faes can cover the LCB/LB role.

This exact thing is why I feel regardless of Jannik’s recent renaissance, we cannot afford to offer him a new contract.

We already have Coady who has only proven to play middle of a three.

We need new CB’s with an eye of being adapt at playing anywhere across the back 3.

Jannik and Coady’s lack of athleticism will always hinder either to various roles.

Regarding recalling Kristiansen and Thomas, you cannot recall a player outside of a transfer window

Even then I think it is more likely we will sign someone in January IF Doyle is out for the season as:

Kristiansen doesn’t want to play the Doyle role

Enzo doesn’t think Thomas can play either the Doyle or Ricardo role

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1