Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

23/24 Injuries Thread

12 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Completely different type of defender from the few minutes I’ve seen to JJ, but not too dissimilar to Doyle. And didn’t realise he is both footed - thanks. Not problem solved, but feels like a good option. 

Yes he's completely different to Justin. If we want to be similar to what we've played in the league this season then Nelson may well be the closest we have to Doyle, other than another academy lad Tom Wilson-Brown. 

• Like 1

I want to see the following things happen

- No injuries

- play Souttar & Daka (I think it's time to give them a small glimpse of hope!)

- Coady to make his debut

- Rest the crown jewels - Ricardo & Winks. I wouldn't even bother have them travel!

lol. Wrong thread"""

Edited by FoxinNotts
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

Sorry but Jannik at LCB would be a car crash.

Not saying Doyle is rapid but he clearly has the ability to get up and down the pitch (albeit it slower than the likes of JJ) but playing LCB means that Jannik’s lack of any pace would be so exposed as he has that whole left side of the pitch to marshall.

The same goes for Coady, we’d be extremely exposed if either play there.

But that wouldn't happen we'd probably just switch the ricardo role to the left and Faes would be the attacking CB, with Ricardo dropping into LB when we are defending - ie, exactly what we'll probably do if JJ comes in - the only question is would you prefer a back three of JJ/Vestergaard/Faes or Vestergaard/Coady/ Faes?

25 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Jesus! Don't post this in the James Justin thread - you'll be burnt for blasphemy!

Can't dispute they're decent stats but he's also played more minutes than anyone else and almost 3 times as many minutes as Justin. You also need to see the stats as per 90's and success rates to get a fuller picture. Considering the game time and style of play, it'd be bloody disappointing if he wasn't in the top 3. I'm not saying that to be a downer on Doyle, I'm just raising that point to contest you randomly trying to slate Justin. Players are capable of having their own merits that aren't dependent on another player :dunno:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

Be interesting if Wilson-Brown leapfrogs Ben Nelson due to being left footed. 

Rather would be frustrating for Ben given his skill set. I presumed he was more a right sided defender bit I stand corrected, Nelson is as two footed a player as you can get.

32 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

There’s an article on Winks’ passing ability in The Athletic, which shows how he links defence and attack. In the attacking part it’s amazing to see just how much has been going through Doyle. He’s a big loss I think. More than most give credit for. 

Agree but JJ did a decent job in his place second half 

3 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Can't dispute they're decent stats but he's also played more minutes than anyone else and almost 3 times as many minutes as Justin. You also need to see the stats as per 90's and success rates to get a fuller picture. Considering the game time and style of play, it'd be bloody disappointing if he wasn't in the top 3. I'm not saying that to be a downer on Doyle, I'm just raising that point to contest you randomly trying to slate Justin. Players are capable of having their own merits that aren't dependent on another player :dunno:

I'm not randomly slating Justin, I'm specifically slating the people in that thread who believe Justin is probably our best player and a far superior footballer to Doyle. ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Shep said:

Is there an update on Doyle? Would he go back to man city if the injury means he's out for months rather than weeks? 

You’d expect enzo to be asked tomorrow at the presser - he may not know any more at this stage though 

if it’s season ending then he’ll be going back to Manchester. If it’s several months then he’ll stay here. If it’s uncertain then i think he goes back for his treatment.  If he was to stay here for a fairly long term injury then that may indicate a likelihood of a deal being done next summer.