Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

23/24 Injuries Thread

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Are people assuming it's an ACL purely because a man speaking in his second language said "long time" when we've got no perspective at all on what he think constitutes "long" or is this based on other information? 

Given the lack of like for like replacement, he might think 7 or 8 weeks is a "long time". 

FFS read the room. You're meant to have a meltdown, cook up narratives and make proclamations about the rest of the season without information. 

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Are people assuming it's an ACL purely because a man speaking in his second language said "long time" when we've got no perspective at all on what he think constitutes "long" or is this based on other information? 

Given the lack of like for like replacement, he might think 7 or 8 weeks is a "long time". 

Well said. 

6 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Loads of cover :unsure: @jayfox26 @JimJams 

Straight from the horses (Enzo) mouth

Piss poor planning

We actually do have alright cover to be honest. Even if footedness is a problem, we can just flip it so that Ricky goes and does his inverted role from left back instead and Faes or JJ can do the Doyle role from the right. 

It's really not that big a drama. A couple weeks ago some of the bed wetters on here were calling for Doyle to be dropped anyway ffs. 

It's obviously disappointing news but we've got Souttar and Coady at the club who can play as conventional centre backs and Hamza and JJ who can fill in as inverted full backs. 

I'd be way more concerned if someone like Winks or Hermansen was hurt. 

• Like 2

Just now, Finnegan said:

We actually do have alright cover to be honest. Even if footedness is a problem, we can just flip it so that Ricky goes and does his inverted role from left back instead and Faes or JJ can do the Doyle role from the right. 

It's really not that big a drama. A couple weeks ago some of the bed wetters on here were calling for Doyle to be dropped anyway ffs. 

It's obviously disappointing news but we've got Souttar and Coady at the club who can play as conventional centre backs and Hamza and JJ who can fill in as inverted full backs. 

It’s like the changes for Norwich when everyone was raging that KDH, Vardy and Ndidi were dropped when people had been wanting others to play in their place for weeks anyway lol 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, eblair said:

Souttar and Coady both still here. Faes could play on left. Think idea we needed specific cover for exact player profile of Doyle is overstated.

23 minutes ago, davieG said:

Having read what Enzo has said about Justin not being left footed and therefore not ideally suited to Doyle's role I'd be astonished if we hadn't tried to get another left footed defended in.

It's not ideal, but Justin has played on the left almost his entire career. I'm sure he's capable of booting it with his left. Plus, at this level... Ndidi looks like an attacking midfielder, I'm fairly sure a decent player can adapt at this level. 

Just now, st albans fox said:

It was Ricky pre covid v villa

all first team ACL’s since then were stretchered off (is that only JJ ? )

not sure about the U21’s who’ve had a lot of them 

His was a freak one too as it was a result of contact. ACL's only usually occur from bad placement of the foot or hyperextension of the knee. 

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I agree with you re Winks and Hermansen.

And I also agree on the bed wetters :D

The main point for me is over reliance on Ricardo and Justin. These two will get injured at some point. They are made of Chip sticks.

• Like 1