Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

23/24 Injuries Thread

6 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

That really was only in the Hull game - his 'dribbled past' stats for 90 mins is 0.8, the same as Justin and less than winks, ricardo and hamza.

4 hours ago, Foxaholic ME said:

Agree Doyle was too often beaten in a one on one situation

There is nothing to back this up, the stats suggest otherwise

On 10/12/2023 at 12:40, Lillehamring said:

But we can't say that for certain - doyle played when we were still getting used to the system, when we were more vulnerable as a team.  When doyle was playing people were still screaming about vestergaard being in the team, worried that he was the weakest link.

The last five games Doyle played (or four league games) we conceded 1 goal, to southampton - which granted he contributed to, but then so did Justin.  Doesn't take away the fact that for the rest of those games, we defended superbly.

Justin was at fault (partly) for the sheffield goal, so hardly an argument for better defensive solidity.

What we do know for certain is Justin is rapid and Doyle isn't. That's a huge change to this system that we have to be mindful of. We have badly missed Doyle's progressiveness from defence though.

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

What we do know for certain is Justin is rapid and Doyle isn't. That's a huge change to this system that we have to be mindful of. We have badly missed Doyle's progressiveness from defence though.

Fair enough - but if pace at the back was the key factor, i'm sure we'd have steered well clear of doyle and coady as the focus of our defensive rebuild.

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Wonder what they first thought Vardy's injury was. Glad it's not worse, whatever it was. 

Do we know what's up with Nacho and Yunus? Another hamstring for McAteer? 

Nacho was ill, so i suspect hes probably not fully over it or hasnt trained as much as theyd have liked(so he doesnt pass it onto anyone else)

On 10/12/2023 at 11:44, Mark said:

Vestergaard has looked much better with Justin at left back. Doyle is a centre back for me and was struggling for a while upto his injury, often being done for pace by whoever he was up against.

See how Vestergaard is more exposed now the pace of Justin isn’t beside him. Vestergaard at the centre of a slow back three is no good for us.

36 minutes ago, Mark said:

See how Vestergaard is more exposed now the pace of Justin isn’t beside him. Vestergaard at the centre of a slow back three is no good for us.

not really. faes is no slouch and is a better defender than justin.

Iheanacho?

“Kelechi has a muscle problem two days ago. We are still waiting to see if it’s something important or a matter of days. But I don’t think he will be able for the next one.

“Not yet (know if it will affect Afcon call-up). It depends on the injury. If it’s an important injury, he has no chance to go. If it’s not important, he can go.”

No bothered about kelechi.  Been useless and after the Huddersfield game he had no involvement in the league until mid Feb anyway.

If he's back before Millwall, risk him in that game. Not worth risking vardy or cannon in the cup.

Praets annoying because I keep feeling like he'd do well with a run of games.  But he plays 10 minutes and goes awol, it's never going to happen.

Personally I'd just let them both go on a free next month and use their wages on players we would utilise. 

Just put em both down as permanently injured now and forget em 

• Sad 1