Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

23/24 Injuries Thread

On 29/10/2023 at 10:20, iancognito said:

Another one? I thought October was the last one til March? FFS the season gets absolutely wrecked by these pointless interruptions.

39 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

I find another international break more frustrating than the injuries. 

The overriding sentiment when we’re actually winning games. 
However, given the rapidity of games this season I see them as useful breaks for the team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

He probably does it so he can have a laugh at all the medical experts on here regaling us all with their opinions based on them once having had a thigh strain or having done an ACL.

I suffered a broken leg from a tackle that resulted in a "corkscrew" break from the impact down to the ankle. I therefore think Yunus will be out for 3 weeks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

However, given the rapidity of games this season I see them as useful breaks for the team.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think we have a lot of players going on international duty with their national teams. It's not like all players of the team are resting or they're having extra time to do some tactical training with the manager. International break means more travels for some players back and forth and extra games, even useless friendly ones. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think we have a lot of players going on international duty with their national teams. It's not like all players of the team are resting or they're having extra time to do some tactical training with the manager. International break means more travels for some players back and forth and extra games, even useless friendly ones. 

It's a mixture for us.

Those we want rested generally do get a break - Ricardo, Winks, JJ to name 3. 

Mavididi and Fatawu both getting a breather too will be good. 

40 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Other teams in The Championship have a period of rest and the managers are able to bring in new ideas and have the time to implement them.

We have a minimum of 11 players away, most of our 'first eleven', Enzo gets to work with what is left, and those on international duty come back withoy having rested.

I think we've looked 'leggy' since the last international break.

17 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

It's a mixture for us.

Those we want rested generally do get a break - Ricardo, Winks, JJ to name 3. 

Mavididi and Fatawu both getting a breather too will be good. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Is there any suspicion that he’s just waiting to leave and doesn’t really want to be in the squad?

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I always thought this. 

Have said the same a few times; found it convenient he picked it up around the end of the window and hasn't been seen or heard of since. 

3 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Have we been told what's up with Yunus? I thought it a bit odd when Enzo was expecting him back so soon. Even if the scan didn't show up anything of concern, a groin strain (if that's what it is) doesn't clear up in two weeks usually. 

He was back training in the video so guessing he’s got a niggle still? 

10 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Is there any suspicion that he’s just waiting to leave and doesn’t really want to be in the squad?

Bit extreme for the club to say stress fracture in his back if this is the case.

surely they’d just say ankle like they did with Elvis Hammond(ankle) 

9 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

People need to move on from Praet. He isn't the answer to any of the questions. 

He'd be playing the 8 role much better than Casadei. Decent in pre-season, pinpoint assist for KDH vs Cov. Not the answer maybe in the top flight but he'd be first choice for any team in this division. Given he's got a similar injury to Cannon you'd expect him back in a similar timeframe too.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, iancognito said:

He'd be playing the 8 role much better than Casadei. Decent in pre-season, pinpoint assist for KDH vs Cov. Not the answer maybe in the top flight but he'd be first choice for any team in this division. Given he's got a similar injury to Cannon you'd expect him back in a similar timeframe too.

Except Cannon wants to be here Praet don’t  

1 hour ago, iancognito said:

Praet is clearly benefiting from a period of injury and some selective amnesia. He’s provided enough stinkers in his time and I’d rather be developing Casadei. Praet too has shown he struggles when pressed hard, can go completely anonymous and is made of glass. 

On 02/11/2023 at 17:50, Fear Of The Fox said:

Well African /S.American organisations and players have their rights to their competitions..

The Europa League,has put paid to many international friendlies,other than games arranged during that same 1-2 week period.

Always playing in every international your considered top starred players and not spreading your selection priorities around,is not a fan problem,but  FAs not taking responsibility…

ie..We have an Int.Break for World Cup/Eurochampionship, nations schedule often 2 competitive games plus friendly,why not have selection policy, only fringe plus non-involved players can play in the friendly,and increase to 26 players the squads,that covers injuries. Zero-tolerance replacement list. Plus for these breaks often not always, Teams select & take far too many coaches..

Also why not create..a XI-1 and XI-2 World Cup…Luxembourg,Faro.isl.Andorra ,San Marino etc

also have the right to continue to compete in the W.cup

The football world has grown,so for me it’s the need that extends the game’s necessity .

Nations chosen /graded/agreed in XI-2,play for a W.cup plate,the semi-finalist+ ( or just finalist)  

qualify to play in the following  XI-1 W.cup finals,then if they then qualified for KO round,they remain in that category,

which would help to cover individual nations  golden generation period.

Taking cricket or Rugby examples one could even have a XI-3 level.It might open a can of worms or

Teams like San.Marino, Andorra Asarbaijan , from their own part,they would gather more interest..in playing competitively 

against…Malta,Gibraltar,Maldovia for a pot,than play against England or Germany,which brings no esteem or progress.

plus fifa and world areas,might just be politically persuaded,to share the pots of pennies more broadly.

by seeing Brunei,Kuwait compete against Andorra or Malta in a Wcup XI-3 finals..

2 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Praet is clearly benefiting from a period of injury and some selective amnesia. He’s provided enough stinkers in his time and I’d rather be developing Casadei. Praet too has shown he struggles when pressed hard, can go completely anonymous and is made of glass. 

Why are we developing Casadei? Chelsea aren't selling and we have better than him in that position. If you're not good enough to play there you won't play. Iversen, Souttar, Daka are all examples of this. A fit Ndidi and Akgun and he's probably 3rd choice.

The only thing Praet's benefitted from is the absence of Rodgers. Another one that just needed a man manager not an ego.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Given how short we are in those 8 positions, I’d absolutely take Praet in the side now. A division lower and no Rodgers he’ll be very useful to our efforts for the rest of the season if he comes back and stays. May as well rather than loaning him to Torino whilst we pay 95% of his wages and having to strengthen in that position anyway.

Doesn’t mean he’s the answer if/when we go back up but in this league, absolutely fine.

• Like 2