Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

23/24 Injuries Thread

2 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Good to see Doyle participating in the warm up part of the 1st team training this week.

He obviously then went off and did his own session but would seem he’s on schedule for a January return thankfully.

Will be replace JJ when fit?...

Not sure he will.

5 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Not sure he will.

I think he will.

Our play is really stunted from JJ not being confident to play with his left. Numerous times, JJ has received the and been unable to make the pass (generally to KDH) on his left and cut us back into traffic 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Not sure he will.

Course he will - maybe not for 90 minutes straight off, but Doyle is one of Enzo's players, he knows him and knows what he's capable of.  Doyle provides an angle of attack that we don't have right now and is probably our most progressive defensive player.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I think he will.

Our play is really stunted from JJ not being confident to play with his left. Numerous times, JJ has received the and been unable to make the pass (generally to KDH) on his left and cut us back into traffic 

I like JJ. He has really good aspects in his game, but I think he is equally stunted in this system. He’s an athletic overlapping fullback, so is playing a system that doesn’t suit his natural strengths, but Doyle is perfect for this way of playing. Has a lovely left foot and is perfect for Enzoball. He’ll be straight back in as soon as he’s available

17 minutes ago, Big_Nige said:

I like JJ. He has really good aspects in his game, but I think he is equally stunted in this system. He’s an athletic overlapping fullback, so is playing a system that doesn’t suit his natural strengths, but Doyle is perfect for this way of playing. Has a lovely left foot and is perfect for Enzoball. He’ll be straight back in as soon as he’s available

The only realistic future for Justin is as a back up - he's not got the right attributes to keep doyle out, can't pass well enough to challenge for the vestergaard or inverted FB role, and isn't as good as faes.

And he's on a massively long contract.  If he's smart, and the club are smart, he'll move on next summer - better for him if he does.

12 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

The only realistic future for Justin is as a back up - he's not got the right attributes to keep doyle out, can't pass well enough to challenge for the vestergaard or inverted FB role, and isn't as good as faes.

And he's on a massively long contract.  If he's smart, and the club are smart, he'll move on next summer - better for him if he does.

I could see him ending up back at Luton.

13 hours ago, weller54 said:

Not sure he will.

Vestergaard has looked much better with Justin at left back. Doyle is a centre back for me and was struggling for a while upto his injury, often being done for pace by whoever he was up against.

53 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He’s better than that. Remember that he’s a stronger right back on his favoured foot. 
someone like palace

Not sure that's true - most of his appearances have been on the left, and it was playing there that he got his england call up.

I'm not sure I can see him going to any team in the top half of the prem - not unless he can add a bit more to his game.

14 hours ago, weller54 said:

Not sure he will.

Like a few others I certainly think he will, prior to injury ‘Only three players in the Division had played more progressive passes than Doyle, while he also lead the City squad for passes into the penalty area’

which kind of disputes the rigid LCB role assumption that’s apparently stifling JJs game.

I rate JJ as much as the next but Doyle gives that bit extra in this set up.

1 minute ago, BKLFox said:

Like a few others I certainly think he will, prior to injury ‘Only three players in the Division had played more progressive passes than Doyle, while he also lead the City squad for passes into the penalty area’

which kind of disputes the rigid LCB role assumption that’s apparently stifling JJs game.

I rate JJ as much as the next but Doyle gives that bit extra in this set up.

Doyle was showing some defensive frailties and was getting targeted by wingers. I think JJ has been much more solid defensively but Doyle offered more going forward, especially being able to transition much quicker.

46 minutes ago, Mark said:

Vestergaard has looked much better with Justin at left back. Doyle is a centre back for me and was struggling for a while upto his injury, often being done for pace by whoever he was up against.

This is the dilemma. We are better defensively with Justin in IMO but building attacks from the back requires a left footer such as Doyle. 

35 minutes ago, Mark said:

Doyle had one mediocre game against Hull and it's been magnified into him being a liability.  He wasn't struggling at all, he was our most attacking CB and defensively he had some great stats:

Of players that have played a full game, he ranks highest for tackles per 90 (3.3), crosses blocked per 90,  4th (behind albrighton, marcal and praet - so effectively 1st) for passes blocked, 3nd on tackles+interception rate

And as for his errors, well, he's level more or less with winks, and below mads and ricardo-  0.13 errors per 90. hardly anything.

His shot creating actions per 90 is 2.67 (better than ricardo and way ahead of justin's 1.08)

And let's not overlook the fact that when he was playing the system was brand new, it was very shaky at times generally.

For all the criticism that we are too slow and negative, doyle could be the key to flipping this.

6 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Doyle was showing some defensive frailties and was getting targeted by wingers. I think JJ has been much more solid defensively but Doyle offered more going forward, especially being able to transition much quicker.

That really was only in the Hull game - his 'dribbled past' stats for 90 mins is 0.8, the same as Justin and less than winks, ricardo and hamza.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This is the dilemma. We are better defensively with Justin in IMO but building attacks from the back requires a left footer such as Doyle. 

But we can't say that for certain - doyle played when we were still getting used to the system, when we were more vulnerable as a team.  When doyle was playing people were still screaming about vestergaard being in the team, worried that he was the weakest link.

The last five games Doyle played (or four league games) we conceded 1 goal, to southampton - which granted he contributed to, but then so did Justin.  Doesn't take away the fact that for the rest of those games, we defended superbly.

Justin was at fault (partly) for the sheffield goal, so hardly an argument for better defensive solidity.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Justin's 1 v 1 defending and pace has bailed us out a lot. What we lose in Doyle's qualities, we have gained in Justin's. Both have a role to play in us getting promoted. 

That's not the question here though - doyle will be first choice because what he provides is more important to enzo than what justin provides.