Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

23/24 Injuries Thread

Injuries?

“Wilf, it looks a bit more than tightness. Probably he has to stay out. It’s not an important problem, but it is a muscle problem. It will be some days, some weeks.”

McAteer and Cannon?

“We will see them with us today for the first time. I don’t think Kasey can be involved for tomorrow. We’ll see. Tom needs more days.”

Alves and Braybrooke?

“Will had some sessions with us and he looks good. Sam is not ready yet. Will needs to keep calm and hopefully soon he can play with us.”

• Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Big blow about Wilf. I mean we can't complain, tens of millions sitting on the bench...but even so, an elite player down

Time for Casadei to step up even more! Lets hope its a similar situation to Vesty keeping Coady out after Coady being injured.

11 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Time for Casadei to step up even more! Lets hope its a similar situation to Vesty keeping Coady out after Coady being injured.

Yup, obvs they are different players, Wilf has far more to his game, as he should, he's at his peak -  but I liked seeing Casadei driving 30m-40m up the pitch with some very strong direct running 

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Big blow about Wilf. I mean we can't complain, tens of millions sitting on the bench...but even so, an elite player down

Not so bad in November as there is an international break and fewer games.

We need him back for December which is a bit more manic.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Injuries?

“Wilf, it looks a bit more than tightness. Probably he has to stay out. It’s not an important problem, but it is a muscle problem. It will be some days, some weeks.”

McAteer and Cannon?

“We will see them with us today for the first time. I don’t think Kasey can be involved for tomorrow. We’ll see. Tom needs more days.”

Alves and Braybrooke?

“Will had some sessions with us and he looks good. Sam is not ready yet. Will needs to keep calm and hopefully soon he can play with us.”

He's going to turn Alves in to an absolute weapon ain't he. I'm picturing Adel Taarabt under Warnock.

• Like 3

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=49278

Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report that Leicester City midfielder Wilfred Ndidi has withdrawn from the Nigeria squad for the upcoming 2026 World Cup qualifiers against Lesotho and Zimbabwe ahead of the squad announcement by the Nigeria Football Federation. 

As of now, the Nath Boys product is the fourth player in the Super Eagles' ideal starting lineup not available for selection in the back-to-back World Cup qualifiers, after Zaidu Sanusi (Porto), Victor Osimhen (Napoli) and Samuel Chukwueze (AC Milan).

Osimhen and Chukwueze are recovering from hamstring injuries sustained at the Super Eagles training camp in Portugal this month, while Porto left-back Sanusi is nursing a muscle-related injury.

Ndidi had a scan before Leicester City's home game against Sunderland and was advised by the Foxes medical team to rest until a proper and detailed investigation was carried out. 

In the end, the Super Eagles number 4 was told by Leicester City's medics that he needed a few weeks to rest, including during the Fifa window in November 2023, effectively ruling him out of the World Cup qualifiers.

Nidid is also expected to sit out Leicester City's next two games in the Championship against Leeds United (Nov 3) and Middlesbrough (Nov 11) - having already missed back-to-back matches versus Sunderland and Queens Park Rangers. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Someone needs to quiz Enzo better on these injuries because I'm none the wiser here with both Yunus and Wilf

I said this to a mate, that we don't seem to disclose the extent of our injuries this year. Apart from McAteer where it was obviously a hamstring issue,  all we know is Cannon (back) Wilf (muscle) Doyle (knee) Yunus (knock) Praet (back). I suppose Maresca might ask, why we need to know?

Edited by MGLCFC

Just now, MGLCFC said:

I said this to a mate, that we don't seem to disclose the extent of our injuries this year. Apart from McAteer where it was obviously a hamstring issue,  all we know is Cannon (back) Wilf (muscle) Doyle (knee) Yunus (knock). I suppose Maresca might ask, why we need to know?

I'm not asking to see X-rays or MRI scans, but a little more detail shouldn't be an issue, should it?

3 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

I said this to a mate, that we don't seem to disclose the extent of our injuries this year. Apart from McAteer where it was obviously a hamstring issue,  all we know is Cannon (back) Wilf (muscle) Doyle (knee) Yunus (knock). I suppose Maresca might ask, why we need to know?

At least it's better than previous years:

- Q: What's the situation with X's injury? 

- BR: It's not serious, he'll be back in training soon. 

X's out for 5 months. 

17 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

I said this to a mate, that we don't seem to disclose the extent of our injuries this year. Apart from McAteer where it was obviously a hamstring issue,  all we know is Cannon (back) Wilf (muscle) Doyle (knee) Yunus (knock) Praet (back). I suppose Maresca might ask, why we need to know?

He probably does it so he can have a laugh at all the medical experts on here regaling us all with their opinions based on them once having had a thigh strain or having done an ACL.

Edited by hackneyfox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Yunus was in the training video the club just released now so cannot be too far away.

The official website article is clearer - Yunus did train but felt something in his muscle so they didn't want to risk him for this match.

Ndidi definitely out till after the international break. 

• Like 2